Chevy Chase Country Club

Chevy Chase Country Club (formerly known as Traditions at Chevy Chase Country Club) in Wheeling is one of Chicagoland's top public golf facilities. Thomas Bendelow designed the golf course in 1925. The classic layout remained largely the same until 2002 when a major renovation updated the course and made it more challenging. The layout now has deep pot bunkers lined with tall native fescue that border the generous, rolling greens and undulating fairways. Though it is more challenging than it was, the golf course still offers a player-friendly round. Four sets of tees also ensure that golfers can play to their skill level. The course finishes with its signature hole, a par 5 that features water both left and right of the landing area off the tee. Three massive bunkers and yet another pond all fiercely guard the green as well.
Chevy Chase Country Club (IL)
Midnight 72 6610 yards 71.9 128
Burnt Red 72 6078 yards 69.5 122
Hunter Green (W) 72 5647 yards 72.4 124
Hunter Green 72 5647 yards 67.4 115
Natural 72 5084 yards 69.4 117
Scorecard for Traditions at Chevy Chase Golf Course
Midnight M: 71.8/130 369 494 392 535 434 137 371 407 195 3334 404 350 440 186 346 494 158 352 546 3276 6610
Burnt Red M: 69.4/124 359 453 379 485 406 117 336 375 157 3067 369 322 405 156 319 484 132 307 517 3011 6078
Hunter Green M: 67.4/118 W: 72.4/123 343 443 347 441 382 96 309 361 137 2859 345 302 388 135 287 453 104 292 482 2788 5647
Natural W: 69.3/116 335 398 306 416 324 90 286 306 108 2569 315 274 362 123 250 424 83 241 443 2515 5084

Year Built 1925
Architect Tom Bendelow (1925) Bob Lohmann (2002) Dick Nugent

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 09/24/2018:
Hi John, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Thanks for playing Chevy Chase Country Club!
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 09/17/2018:
Hi liquidn8, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Considering all the rain- Outstanding experience

The course had been closed for a few days because of the fairways flooding. We tees off at 9:15, cart path only, and because of how wet the fairways were, we were given $10 off our rate. The greens were perfect and the fairways playable. The course has obviously been taken care of from a grounds standpoint. Food at the turn great. Pace of play great.

I always enjoy playing this traditional and historic course a couple times a year. Well manicured, exceedingly well manicured, it was challenging enough to make me want to come back again. Highly recommend.

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 08/07/2018:
Hi rudy1010, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about the conditions of the course and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing #ChevyChaseCountryClub!
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/30/2018:
Hello, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Chevy Chase Country Club!
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing #ChevyChaseCountryClub!

Pace of play awful, had to wait on every hole and no ranger in site

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/27/2018:
Hi jfriedma, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the pace of play wasn't up to par during your round. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Chevy Chase Country Club!

Overall great course. Barely interacted w staff. Def would recommend this course based on price and condition.

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/23/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Chevy Chase Country Club!

Great Track

This is an awesome golf course. It is forgiving and invites the aggressive play. On a few holes you'll be presented with a risk/reward gamble. Also has a hole in one $10,000 give away option.

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 08/06/2018:
Hi mwarnicke14, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again for another one soon! Thanks for playing #ChevyChaseCC!
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/17/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate you pointing out any pace of play issues at the course, we will definitely look into this further. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Pleasant experience

From being greeted at my car with a cart, to the last putt, I had a thoroughly wonderful day. The staff was friendly and courteous, the starter paired me with a delightful 2some, and we enjoyed a glorious adventure for 18 holes. Well kept and challenging layout was in great shape.

Thanks to Golf Now, I got a good deal and I plan on returning with my buddy this summer.

Highly recommended this venue !

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your challenging round today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Great local course

Course is in great condition, greens are beautiful, good roll. Not long at 6600 from tips, open concept, not much trouble.

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the length of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

The staff here is friendly and very helpful. They actually seem glad to see you and share good info on the course and amenities. Big value add in my view.

The course was in good shape with the only issue being the ball marks on the greens...but this is a player issue as people were not repairing ball marks. My only complaint is that we never saw the beverage cart during our round and this was tough because the heat index was around 100 that day. Other than this, a very good experience.

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 07/10/2018:
Thank you for the excellent 5-Star review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the course conditions and our great amenities Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review!

the course was crappy from rain the night before and on top of that, there was an outing and a threesome that was very slow and that slowed down 4 other groups along with my foursome. it was a very frustrating round where we sat for 15 minutes on every hole waiting for people to tee off so most of the other groups left early. I'm very surprised that there were no rangers monitoring the pace of play even when I messaged them through the navigation unit in the carts. needles to say that I will not be back anytime soon at this course!

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 06/15/2018:
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 06/05/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 05/29/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review!

Terrible

There was a temporary tee box on 1 due to a wedding setup....a temporary green on 8—with no notice or signage....when I finished my round at 6:30 on a Saturday night, the bar was completely shuttered and I could not get a beer or snack after my round ....pretty bad!

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 05/29/2018:
We apologize for any miscommunication during your round today. We will take a closer look at some temporary signage and make sure our pro shop staff notifies everyone of any inconveniences. Thank you for coming out and we hope you will give us another try in the near future.

Great Value

Good course, friendly layout and very courteous staff.

Response from Chevy Chase Country Club on 05/11/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our excellent staff and course conditions. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Buffalo Grove, Illinois