Wilmette Golf Club

Year Built 1922
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Joseph A. Roseman (1922) Greg Martin (2014) Brent Wadsworth Dick Nugent (1979)

Carts Yes - $20

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Not the best

Greens were just air raided so very bumpy and not good to putt on. Fairways were fair at best and some standing water in some rough. I was disappointed in the condition of the course overall.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello, cooper30. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With the recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. With the aerification on the greens, plus the abundance of rain we have accumulated, we are working hard to get our conditions to where they normally are. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

No Golf Carts

Rained the day before, so you could only walk the course. Clubhouse only charged us 9 holes for the inconvenience.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us youngni7. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. It is unfortunate for everyone that we have accumulated so much rain over the past couple weeks. We look forward to having you back!Wilmette Golf Course thanks you!

Enjoyable day

First time golfing at Wilmette with friends and had a wonderful experience. Staff was very nice and gave us tips about the course before we teed off. Course was in great shape. Had a delicious lunch on their patio after the round. Amazing value for a course so close to the city. Highly recommend playing here!!

Very nice.

I truly had a great experience here. It is so nice that it is hard to believe that this is a public course. The course was very well kept, especially the greens. I cannot wait to play here again. It is a great value. One of the best courses anywhere.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, enk5gn1ymkyYdrbs2dmf! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very nice course

I enjoyed my round at the Wilmette course booking a bargain Hot Deal from Golf Now of $40 including a cart.. I signed up as a single and was paired with another single. The course was not busy. We went off the 10th tee at 11:15AM and finished the round in 3 hours.
The fairways were in OK condition and the rough was deep, offering a challenge if you hit into the rough. The greens were in great shape and were very fast, giving us an additional challenge..
I’ll keep my eyes open for future Golf Now Hot Deals for Wilmette.

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hi, Mickey847. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun and well kept

a terrific golf course for someone who wants above average public golf and is not playing a country club..but likes that quality .. good value, good course, great amenities ..

Love it here

I truly loved playing here. The course is extremely well kept and the greens are in almost perfect shape. I also love that the greens have some character to them and are not perfectly flat. This course offers tremendous value for the money. It has to be one of the nicest public courses anywhere. I also really like the restaurant. They have very good beers on tap.

Decent course, rated fairly

Made the drive from the city after work, got to the course at exactly 6:05 pm, hoping to get a few holes in before 730 sunset. Went inside to pay, attendant says the rate is 28$. Thought that was a little steep, especially since we were the last group to go out. Oh well, offered no carts, no pull-carts. Look on golf-now and the rates are 23$ for then entire week. Whatever, it was 5 dollars.

The greens were decent, alot of ball marks haven't been fixed. Constantly having to fix them. Tee box grass was long, almost shaggy. The fairways look like they haven't been mowed. Ground was wet, bunkers filled with water. Must have had a bad storm recently. Course is short.

Overall 3 star course, not bad, not great. Would try again, but annoyed by the random up-charge.

Commented on 08/05/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, John1348340. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 08/05/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course.

Hate to rate it so high!

I live in Wilmette and dont want more golfers but it's only fair. Greens are fantastic, overall conditions are great. Can be a bbn little loud on back 9 and sometimes slow play catches up hole13 or14. Overall wonderful experience. Course loses many rounds since they dont allow carts after any rain. Call first.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hi dbbeagle. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Wilmette Golf Course!

Good times

Really nice course and very friendly staff. The people here alone make it worth your while to attend. This course was in really good shape and the weather this day was perfect. No complaints. Except the price could be a little lower, but definitely reasonable rates and good degree of difficulty.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi Steve1232580. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Excellent!!!

I will play this course many more times this season.

Commented on 07/11/2019

schwallski, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Wilmette Golf Course.

Great shape

After some turf challenge in the past, course is now lush and top-top shape. And pace was outstanding for a Saturday.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Hi duffvick. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars and shouting out the work we have invested into the course! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course.

Great course for the money

I was pleasantly surprised with Wilmette Golf club and will be playing again soon. The course is in great condition considering all the rain we've had and the greens runs very true. Layout is pretty narrow and challenging and from the black tees proves difficult. The carts have GPS and USB outlets which is a nice touch. Facility is nice as well, although there was a wedding reception taking place so I didn't get to check out the bar/restaurant area.

Commented on 06/20/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Wilmette Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon when things dry out and you can visit our bar/restaurant!

Wonderful. Old-style golf course. Great condition. A pleasure to play.

Response from on 05/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Club for the first time! Your positive feedback regarding the course conditions and layout are much appreciated. Come back again soon!
Response from on 05/29/2019:
Thank you for the 4 stars! Come back to Wilmette Golf Club again soon!

Good track at a Fair value

We signed up for a Hot Deal for a midweek round. Due to the rainy weather in Chicago, they were not letting carts out on the course. Pro Shop took good care of us, giving us range balls & hand carts and went out as 2 some. Finished in 3 1/2 hours walking.

Response from on 05/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Club for the first time, Gary! Although the weather wasn't ideal, we're thrilled to hear you still had an enjoyable round. Come back for another tee time soon!

Great shape

Course is in prime condition-the greens are smooth and fast, the fairways are green and lush, the rough is consistent and thick.

Response from on 05/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Club! Your positive feedback regarding our course conditions is much appreciated. Come back again soon!
Commented on 05/21/2019

Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Morton Grove, Illinois