Wilmette Golf Club

Year Built 1922
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Joseph A. Roseman (1922) Greg Martin (2014) Brent Wadsworth Dick Nugent (1979)

Carts Yes - $20

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Restaurant

Available Sports

Tennis

Nice course!

Played on Labor Day weekend and got 18 done in 4:20. Good pace on the course, little to no wait times on tees. Friendly staff. Course was in good shape; greens were well taken care of.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello, mjake73. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4 stars. We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed the course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We look forward to having you back Wilmette Golf Course!

Best greens around

imagine hitting a ball that actually stays on the green!

Par 70 but good challenges on b k 9 with well-placed fairway bunkers

Commented on 09/02/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Edventure. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Wilmette Golf Course.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Wilmette Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Good course, quick play!

I had a good round - pace, company, and average score. Easy to book through GolfNow. Paid for the cart only.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi Dlcscores81458. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course.

Poor condition course

I have played this course around 5 times over the last four (4) years and it used to be in outstanding condition.

Not this time. The fairways were pretty bad. Very hard turf and uneven with some weeds. For the amount of money they charge for green fees it is not worth it.

Maybe I'll give it another try in a couple of years.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi jumbo823. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Wilmette Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Good course, not so kind staff

Never felt so un-welcomed at a course before. Started off the day having to argue that we had purchased a cart with the tee time on Golf Now which they wouldn't honor until we showed them the email receipt. Not so kind staff - our group was rushed and passively-aggressively pushed along (being only 3 mins behind schedule) after the front nine. We had a group behind us, but did not once have them come close to waiting behind us.

Good course, not so great experience with the staff.

Still in style

I learned how to play golf here 30+ years ago - it’s still a great test. The course setup is very fair to the player and gives you plenty of options off the tee. The food is good and the beer is cold! Congrats to Jamie and crew.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hi Dylan8339450, thank you for leaving us a 5-star rating. It is always great to hear from our long time visitors. We will continue to work hard so you and other golfers can visit for years to come. Thanks again and we hope to see you on the course again.

Nice course. Hard greens.

Nicely maintained course, but the greens were in desperate need of water - at times it was somewhat like putting on concrete. Although, there hasn't been much rain.
The pace of play was slow, not sure if there was a league a few groups in front of us.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Hi, u676378002. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Wilmette Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

They have great greens!

So, this course has great greens. It's tree lined. Pretty simple layout. Nothing offensive. But their fairways are a mix of dwarf bluegrass and some sort of corse fescue. The ball doesn't sit up & chipping is difficult given your wedges stick. So your technique has to be on point. Overall it was a pleasure to play here, enjoyed the challenge. But doubtful that I will return, given other courses have bent grass fairways in our area.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Hi xtrasm00th. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course.

Course was in great condition.

Greens were in excellent condition, fast and very consistent throughout. Only criticism I have about the course is that the carts were expensive ($20 each player-$40 total)

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi u1830046, thanks for writing us a nice review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. We also appreciate the feedback on prices at the course. Please visit us again soon.

Checking in problem

When checking in, the young man (probably summer temp.) told me that the cart was not included with my prepaid confirmation and that one would be provided at an additional charge. I told him that it was and after checking his computer he could not find any confirmation that it was. I offered to show him the confirmation on my phone at which time he reluctantly said that I could take a cart, but he acted as though I was taking advantage of the club. One of the other players in our group was a man whose name I believe is Ken, related to me at the end of the round that he too had received the same skeptical treatment from this young man and that he was made to pay an additional $25 for the use of a cart. I offered to accompany this man into the clubhouse to speak with the manager, but he declined my offer, stating that he would take it up with the booking organization. This is the only time that I have ever had any problem at any course while using your booking system.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Your feedback is important to us, u553934790. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Wilmette Golf Course.

Nice course but extra charge for cart

The GolfNow reservation showed that the cart was included but the pro shop worker acknowledged that even though the reservation lists the cart as included, it isn’t . So we had to pay extra $20 each.

We choose this course based on the rate relative to other courses but it turned out to be as much or more than nicer courses.

GolfNow needs to be more accurate about the fees.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hello, u000003713342. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. We always want to make sure our golfers are informed about significant changes in course conditions before booking. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements and continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Wilmette Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hi u387912200. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wilmette Golf Course.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hi u314160196552. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Wilmette Golf Course.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi u8753911, thank you for your 5-star rating! It's great to hear you enjoyed your latest visit to the course. Please visit us again soon.

Best greens played all year. Traps had good sand. Fairways in good shape.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi, u000004406973. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Wilmette Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/24/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u000007413781. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Morton Grove, Illinois