Seven Bridges Golf Club

Seven Bridges Golf Club
Blue (W) 72 5818 yards 74.3 135
Burgundy (W) 72 5262 yards 71.2 128
Scorecard for Seven Bridges
Gold M: 74.6/144 531 378 188 392 411 183 469 449 579 3580 502 412 554 210 427 165 441 373 447 3531 7111
Green M: 72.5/139 515 357 168 351 383 162 446 428 554 3364 486 390 529 174 402 156 425 352 418 3332 6696
White M: 70.7/135 W: 77.0/141 492 325 154 333 364 150 424 402 524 3168 458 370 503 161 379 133 404 341 389 3138 6306
Blue M: 68.5/130 W: 74.3/135 436 325 140 333 326 130 359 390 452 2891 458 303 490 151 379 125 338 300 383 2927 5818
Burgundy W: 71.2/128 402 292 123 284 311 125 359 345 452 2693 376 303 423 114 317 82 338 291 325 2569 5262

Year Built 1991
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Dick Nugent (1991) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1991)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Accepted

Entertaining Clients 10

Premium pricing for pedestrian experience

Sometimes on early autumn mornings in the Midwest you make a last minute decision to get out there and play. If for no other reason then you know that in a few short months, playing golf will be something you daydream about as you look out over your snow covered yard. This, for me, was one of those lucky mornings.

I had heard Seven Bridges was a fun layout with a bunch of water in play throughout. And the layout itself was indeed fun. It got a little tight on the back nine but being's that it was my first time here, I played pretty conservatively and managed to avoid most of the trouble by just aiming at the black and white 150 marker in the middle of each fairway. The GPS on the carts seemed relatively accurate even if they were stuffed with advertisements. The fairways are in relatively good condition even without sand repair in the carts, though I found myself in a few pitch marks as the round progressed. Not the courses fault, of course, but still worth noting. The greens can also be deceptively fast, making getting up and down from a short side almost impossible with some of the hole locations. The speed did seem to vary a bit from green to green, making it tough to gauge distance control. All in all, the course was a fun little layout with a decent challenge from hole to hole.

But...

There is no driving range. I think this is a huge misstep for a course that charge greens fees like this. There was no chipping green either. There is, however, a putting green. But again, that green didn't seem to carry the pace of the greens on the course. There was no beverage cart on the morning I played, which I didn't really mind. What did bother me was there wasn't even a place to get a cup of coffee or a plastic wrapped muffin. I know golf courses don't get up and going right away during the week, but it's not like I teed off at 6:00 AM. My tee time was 8:10 and there was no opportunity at all for any food or drink. So, plan for that if you go early in the morning. Everyone I came across working was extremely nice and helpful, just seemingly unprepared for the morning rounds.

I guess the bottom line is this:

I felt like I was playing prime pricing for an off-season experience. I paid $89.00 when I saw online that morning that if I had booked with one other player, it would have been $69. Ouch! Guess I should have come with a friend. Don't pay full price for this course. In the end, with it's lack of amenities it's just not worth the rack rate. I think paying for golf is about perceived value and I'm sure my review would have been better had I not put down ninety bucks. If you get a Hot Deal or something from GolfNow or a sale from another online booking method, give the course a try. But be warned, a warm cup of coffee won't be waiting for you in the clubhouse.

Very good golf course

Really fun front nine back nine is a grind. Great day to play less than 4 hour round. This course is a good challenge but extra hard today. The course was wet and it was pretty windy.

Not bad but...

This course is nice, it’s the little things I find frustrating. First, it’s overpriced - so unless I get a good deal I generally pass. The staff, while generally friendly really pushes pace of play to the point of being annoying. We were on pace with the group ahead and still got a few reminders. The course is in good shape but again, for the money I’d fix the cart path potholes. Many greens had significant damage from something.

The layout is challenging, but there are many holes where driver is taken out of your hands due to an odd layout or trees/water and so a forced hybrid tee shot means a long approach is required. Finally holes 10-16 are a really strange tricked-out layout where there is water or danger both sides and a less than perfect tee shot or approach is heavily penalized. I really think all courses should have only one side per hole that you can’t miss on, not two. Emerging from those holes unscathed is rare.

Back nine in the wind

Enjoyed the course. Played from the Green tees. Handicap is 16 and felt that was the appropriate tee for my skills. Geese are abundant throughout the course and have to dodge droppings everywhere. That was the biggest nuisance. Back nine is narrow with water on nearly every hole. Into the wind it was a bear. I thought the conditions could have been better for the price to play.

Not Easy But Fun

This place is a good course with good employees. It's challenging and enjoyable.

I've never broken 100, so this was hard for me. A better golfer would find it a good challenge.

Definitely a course I'd like to go back to again.

Tight

Course was in good condition and the greens rolled true.

Must accurate not much room for errant shots. A great test of your skills

Nice, Challenging Course... Awesome Staff

I golfed Seven Bridges w/ a buddy and 2 unrelated parties. The course was awesome & challenging. Course itself had a unique layout & was in good condition. The staff was great, very friendly. The twosome we were paired with was very slow, which slowed down our pace (2 hours, 30 minutes for Front 9). But there was really no problems other than them. Definitely would recommend!

Great conditions

I played the course late in the year and was pleasantly surprised by the conditions. Greens were cut and rolling well and they had the carts at 90 degrees. Pace of play was slow as several groups were backed up by a slow twosome.

If your looking for a good course late in the year you can find deals here.

I don’t love how you need to book in 2 or 4 and there is no range or practice facilities. Don’t pay full summer ratesof$100.

Great layout

cold and wet day, but we had a great time - nice layout - we had played there before!

Very nice, ambiance and layout, some challenges

We all enjoyed the round and will play again at this course. Very nice course and excellent staff.

Must play

Seven Bridges gets great reviews for a reason. The layout is first class and the staff match it.

Really enjoyed the test and atmosphere around the whole place. The course is challenging with out being overly tough (or did I just play well that day?) with water in play on several holes.

Just really enjoyed the course. What more can you say to recommend it to anyone playing in the Chicago area.

The course itself was very nice, and in good condition. The problem was that the course booked an outing that day, and let the large outing all play their own ball instead of a scramble format. Needless to say we had to wait at every tee box from the 10th hole and on. The round ended up taking us almost an extra two hour to complete it.

kw

My experience was not so pleasant. Maybe if it had been on a different date and time it would have been better. There was a Golf Outing group ahead of us on the back 9 and the pace of play was horrible. Other golfers that were behind us were not aware of the Golf Outing and they were being very rude and jumping ahead without asking if it was okay. Their actions just made things worse. This is something that should have been controlled by the course marshals. I’m sure this does not happen on a daily basis, but unfortunately it happened to me on my first visit.

Disappointed.

Staff has always been the most poorly trained I've ever witnessed. We were hosting a client there a number of years ago. He got a hole in one. Asked staff what they do to recognize such events. Nothing. Said it was pretty usual. "Some teenager just got a hole in one on the same home the week before". Made it seem an everyday event. Jerks. Yesterday was not much better. May have upped their game modestly but still saw staff chatting together and not serving guests. Real overhaul needed. Pretty strong course in a physical sense but staff is clueless.

Golf this course

Excellent. A bit pricey, but competitive for top courses in Chicagoland. I do not know how these couerses survice, there were siix players on the course that morning. A outing in the afternoon must be the way they survive. All was excellent and I highly recommend the course.

Tough Course!

Our first experience here. The only interaction with staff was at check-in and at the turn. We played on a weekday so there were very few players on the course.. Thus, no pace of play issues. Due to weekday play, there was no beverage cart. Food and beverage at the turn took too much time and at best, was mediocre. This is a difficult course for a double digit handicap. Course (fairways and greens) were in good condition. Value proposition is OK. I do recommend this course.

Lisle, Illinois