2.4

Year Built 1974
Architect Bob Simmons

Clubs No

So So

You can tell they are working on it but its still fairly rough. Tee boxes are terrible, traps are hard, and fairways in areas still need some love. I don't believe there was a ball washer on the entire course. Positive note is the greens were very nice. The course is nice and once they get it turned back around I'm sure it will be great but right now I cant imagine I would go back unless the deal was super cheap.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi, BenMetcalf. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Prestwick Country Club.

Getting better every week

A wonderful resource for Avon, Continue supporting because I see dramatic improvement over the last couple of years. It will continue to improve and will return to its former glory.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hi ronb888. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Prestwick Country Club!

One and done

Played this course today for the first and last time. Condition of the tee boxes and fairways was pretty bad. Greens were decent but not holding wedge shots. The pace of play was not good as there were a bunch of singles behind a very slow threesome that finally decided to let folks play through. The staff was the best thing I experienced at this course. Very friendly and accommodating. Perhaps I’d try again if course conditions were to vastly improve. For now though, it’s one and done.

Huge Disappointment!!

We were so excited to play the one time private COUNTRY CLUB—- WOW were we disappointed!! Absolutely nothing about the place feels country clubish. The parking lot is in disrepair and the clubhouse and the golf paths, it’s a money pit and I wish the ownership/mgmt good luck. I don’t believe the fairway are watered, if they are it was pathetic.
The only, and I mean only, saving grace was the pace of the greens— very good and rolled well; but trying to hold one with a perfectly played wedge was nearly impossible. I was not a fan at all of the layout— drive a golf cart across a busy road TWICE—really. And #9 is a joke- can’t hit driver (from our tees) because of a lake on a Par 5–again really!!
If this place is in GOOD condition, as some of the recent reviews state, it must have been a true goat ranch before!! Don’t let the other reviews fool you— it is NOT worth the price under any circumstances.
Everything about the place is old and run down!!
Honestly I was embarrassed in how poor the place was and I’d never even been there before—- but never again!!
WOW.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Hi, we are sorry to hear of your poor experience with us the other day, but are glad that you enjoyed our greens. We are currently going through a dry spell, but are watering as much as we can. Your feedback is important to us and we hope you'll consider returning in the future.

Best Value in the Area

If you haven’t played here in the past couple of years, please add this to your list of courses to play. I do not work there and my only ties to this course, other than playing it in college, would be the random member guest tournaments over the years. Now that it is public and under new management, the improvements are obvious.

I’m not quite sure where the prior reviews are coming from but these might be the best greens in central Indiana. Even under extremely wet conditions, the fairways look nice and the staff is extremely friendly. Since this used to be a private country club, you definitely get that feel by the bar/restaurant and other amenities once you walk in.

The only negatives are that the tee boxes could use a little bit of work, either re-sod or pay extra attention to them. The Teebox should not be long or have weeds. If they could make them look anywhere like fairways, they would have something. The driving range is also lacking with no distance markers and also not mowed very tight or level. Lastly the bunkers need some attention which they are admittedly doing. Once those three things get up to the quality of the rest of the course over the summer, I wouldn’t be surprised if they attempted to go back to private..

The layout is more of a shot making course and a little tight but once you get to the greens, you’re in for a treat. Smooth and fair. Easy to read and a lot of fun. As someone who relies on reviews before I play places, please ignore the negative and old ones as much as you can and just give it a shot. For $35, it is the best value around.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this detailed review. It's much appreciated. Since we are under new management, there have been constant changes made to the course and surrounding facility. If you join our e-club, you'll get an update with all things happening at Prestwick. Thanks so much for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

vastly improving

course is vastly improving. greens rollinggood. fairways rolling and rough is still challenging. again main drawback would be the tee boxes. kudos to the continued improvement with course..also would be helpful if players would either replace fairway divots or repair divots with sand provided in carts. finally water should be provided on course particularly as summer heats up.

Commented on 06/24/2019

Hi, thank you for your feedback! We really do appreciate it. We are glad that you had a good time out there and are seeing the improvements we are making to the course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Making a comeback

For those that don't know, Prestwick was closed for 2 years but there is a GREAT management company trying to revive what was left-for-dead. Tee boxes are sketchy (and non-existent for women). Front 9 plays between homes & is mundane. Back 9 is beautiful & a great layout. It was a good-value overall & I hope they can return it to it's glorious past - but it can't happen overnight. I'll consider a revisit next season.

Commented on 05/28/2019

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Yes, we are under new management and are working to improve the course every day. We hope that you will consider returning in the future.

Wouldn't play here again for free

To start I have never written a review for a course and felt like I needed to send a warning to others but as a casual golfer take this for what it's worth. As a casual golfer I truly want to enjoy the environment on the course. Upon arrival we were told cart path only which is understandable with the rain as of late but I wish we were advised of the course conditions as well. The first couple were definitely soggy but after it was definitely dry enough to run a mower through. With the 8" tall dandelions blanketing the roughs to the so called grass of the fairways I'm not sure if I could even call this a golf course. With the torn apart tee boxes to the abysmal fairways and the dead spot ridden greens I was truly disappointed in the whole experience. When you get to the point of not even wanting to give the back nine a chance and decide to call it quits you know there is a problem. I truly wish this course the best and hope they can get back to the reputation and conditions I have heard of the past but until then I can gaurantee I will not set foot back on that property.

Commented on 05/09/2019

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us the other day. The weather has presented some issue in keeping the course up to par, however, it has greatly improved compared to last year. We also mowed yesterday and are taking care of the weeds as we speak. Our staff is doing everything to improve the course so we hope that you will consider coming back in the near future.

Wouldn't play here again for free

To start I have never written a course review and my trip to this course justified a warning to others. I'm just a casual golfer but I like being able to enjoy the environment I'm in and this course was an extreme disappointment. Before we started we were told cart path only which is understandable with the rain as of late but when we got on the course it was worse than I could imagine. Nothing was anywhere close to being cut and looked like it's been that way for a while. With 8" tall dandelions blanketing the roughs to the so called grass of the fairways I'm not sure how it's in such bad shape. After the first 2 it was plenty dry enough to run a mower through but I'm not sure if they have a grounds crew. When the grass at my house is nicer than any ground I touched on the course I was truly disappointed. With the torn apart tee boxes to the abysmal fairways I am positive I will not return. I truly wish this course the best and hope they get back to the reputation and condition I have heard of the past but when I was too disappointed to even finish the course after the front nine I can gaurantee I will not step foot back on that property. Take this for what it's worth but I am certainly disappointed.

Commented on 05/09/2019

Not what used to be

Transformation from private to public has been hard on Prestwick however it has improved since last year. Once catch up on mowing it will be pretty good. I will play it again.

Commented on 05/02/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Get it while it's in great shape

Prestwick is in the best shape in 20 years. Play it while it is in great shape. Cart paths need attention along with some sand traps. Other than that it is in very good shape. Rough is kinda long but it is there to punish errant shots. Who knows what the hot weather will do to the course so play it now

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi, thank you for the four-star review! We are glad that you had a good time at Prestwick Country Club the other day. We appreciate your honest feedback, and we can't wait to see you again soon.

It’s improved drastically

Prestwick has had a complete 180 turnaround from last year. It’s in much better shape. The carts needed sand filled bottles was all and no water coolers yet on the course but I would definitely continue playing here regularly. Love the pace of play here has never been a problem.

Commented on 06/11/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are so happy to hear that you've noticed the improvements we've been making. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to your return soon!

Bad greens

I called ahead before booking to ask about their greens, because I had heard that some you couldn't even putt on. They told me they were fine except for 15, which has a temporary green or fairway hole. There were several greens that were not worth the time to putt on, especially on the back 9. It is early in the season so hopefully they will get them into shape, otherwise fairways were pretty decent, tee boxes really need some work.

Commented on 04/12/2019

Hi, we are sorry that you didn't have the best experience, but soon our course and with the weather cooperating, it will be in better shape. Your feedback is important to us.

Prestwick

Usually nice. Nov. 7, 2018 was bad. Person at desk said they were starting at 18 and aerating. Front was nice except tee boxes and rough weren't mowed. Got to 13 and the guy was on the green aerating. We were getting ready to hit up to the green and he yelled at us. "What are you doing?" he said in a loud, angry voice. Had to jump around and next two greens were plugged, not cleaned off, and no cup! Worker said we could skip around and play holes that weren't aerated! We left without playing 3 holes! Weren't told any of this at check-in! Bad experience! We took a friend who had never played there!

Long, long way to go

I played this course today for the first time in over 20 years. My level of disappointment was high, to say the least. This used to be a beautiful layout and a pristine course. To call it a goat ranch today is disservice to the goats. The greens are diseased and filled with bare spots, most of the tees are chewed up and unplayable, The range was abysmal.I know this course has been through receivership and is under new management and they are trying to get it back, but they have a long, long road ahead. IMO, they should close it for a couple of years and totally rebuild it. To continue to take people's money is somewhat dishonest, IMO. The pro told me a "couple" of the greens had some problems. A couple ?? How about most of them ? There was no mention of the horrible tees and the crabgrass-filled fairways. If you've got an extra $ 40 to spend, be my guest. I won't play it again.

Below Standard: Course, Staff, Service Level

I’m a casual golfer who has had the opportunity to play at a number of courses in Indiana, around the country, and some internationally. I played at Prestwick yesterday with a good friend who recently relocated to the area. While my “hot deal” made this a great price I would have preferred to play elsewhere for the extra $15. The course itself was in rough condition with many of the greens suffering from some kind of disease. The tee boxes were also in rough shape and regularly throughout the fairways you would see crab grass and other issues sprouting up. I would say my lawn is receiving more attention than the course in terms of weed prevention. It was a balmy day with high temps and very high humidity yet not a single water station actually had water. When we made the turn we stopped in for refreshments (obviously with the temps and lack of water) and sat at the bar in the lounge area for 10 minutes before I had to go find someone to take our order.

Overall, I would not recommend this course to anyone until they’ve had a chance to tackle some of the issues with the course. The other issues are just a matter of keeping the staff on task - service, etc. I could see this course being a nice place to go but they won’t receive any of my money until I’ve received word from a trusted source that they’ve buttoned up several issues.

Avoid at all costs

This course recently changed from private to public. The first tee box should have been a sign of what was to come. There was grass, but it was mostly crab grass. Things was the norm for all of the teeboxes. The fairways had many burnt/dead spots. The tee boxes and fairways were golfing heaven compared to the greens. All of the greens had significant dead spots that were down to bare soil. The worst were at least 50% covered with these spots.

I gave up trying after 13 holes. There was no point in playing well tee to green to be sabotaged by the horrifically maintained greens.

Avoid this course. The layout is very nice. It could be a great course, but the greensare in such bad shape that it will take numerous growing seasons to get them to playable.

Not in The Best Shape

This was the foursomes first time playing this course. We were all very disappointed. It had the potential to be good. The lack of attention really showed. We played Saddlebrook Golf Course which was closed for two years and only open for 2 months, and it was in better shape. I don't think the staff can get it back to good playing conditions with the continued heat. It was definitely not worth the drive.

Underwhelmed

I have lived in central Indiana for a while now and was pleasently surprised to find Prestwick on GolfNow. I booked a tee-time for 12:27 and when arrived to check in and warm up discovered that the course did not open until 11:30. No morning tee times at all? Then, it was not told to me that they were not playing the back 9 as the greens were being airrated and under repair. It took me losing two balls and looking like a complete idiot to make that realization. The course needs work. I get it, it was a Monday, but it looked like they were ready to close the doors for good! Probably not playing the course again.

Plainfield, Indiana