2.1

Mixed 72 6655 yards 72.5 128
Green (W) 72 5485 yards 72.8 123
Orange (W) 72 4795 yards 68.7 115
Scorecard for Prestwick
Blue M: 73.9/131 335 575 410 350 170 425 400 145 550 3360 420 555 195 435 420 205 380 440 550 3600 6960
Blue/White M: 72.5/128 335 520 380 350 170 400 370 145 550 3220 420 555 180 400 380 185 380 385 550 3435 6655
White M: 71.3/126 305 520 380 320 160 400 370 125 500 3080 405 465 180 400 380 185 355 385 515 3270 6350
Green M: 67.1/116 W: 72.8/123 285 460 340 300 115 355 335 110 435 2735 350 425 110 360 355 140 295 325 390 2750 5485
Orange W: 68.7/115 285 415 255 300 115 245 275 110 435 2435 350 355 110 290 275 100 220 270 390 2360 4795

Year Built 1974
Architect Bob Simmons

Clubs No

Wouldn't play here again for free

To start I have never written a review for a course and felt like I needed to send a warning to others but as a casual golfer take this for what it's worth. As a casual golfer I truly want to enjoy the environment on the course. Upon arrival we were told cart path only which is understandable with the rain as of late but I wish we were advised of the course conditions as well. The first couple were definitely soggy but after it was definitely dry enough to run a mower through. With the 8" tall dandelions blanketing the roughs to the so called grass of the fairways I'm not sure if I could even call this a golf course. With the torn apart tee boxes to the abysmal fairways and the dead spot ridden greens I was truly disappointed in the whole experience. When you get to the point of not even wanting to give the back nine a chance and decide to call it quits you know there is a problem. I truly wish this course the best and hope they can get back to the reputation and conditions I have heard of the past but until then I can gaurantee I will not set foot back on that property.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us the other day. The weather has presented some issue in keeping the course up to par, however, it has greatly improved compared to last year. We also mowed yesterday and are taking care of the weeds as we speak. Our staff is doing everything to improve the course so we hope that you will consider coming back in the near future.

Wouldn't play here again for free

To start I have never written a course review and my trip to this course justified a warning to others. I'm just a casual golfer but I like being able to enjoy the environment I'm in and this course was an extreme disappointment. Before we started we were told cart path only which is understandable with the rain as of late but when we got on the course it was worse than I could imagine. Nothing was anywhere close to being cut and looked like it's been that way for a while. With 8" tall dandelions blanketing the roughs to the so called grass of the fairways I'm not sure how it's in such bad shape. After the first 2 it was plenty dry enough to run a mower through but I'm not sure if they have a grounds crew. When the grass at my house is nicer than any ground I touched on the course I was truly disappointed. With the torn apart tee boxes to the abysmal fairways I am positive I will not return. I truly wish this course the best and hope they get back to the reputation and condition I have heard of the past but when I was too disappointed to even finish the course after the front nine I can gaurantee I will not step foot back on that property. Take this for what it's worth but I am certainly disappointed.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Not what used to be

Transformation from private to public has been hard on Prestwick however it has improved since last year. Once catch up on mowing it will be pretty good. I will play it again.

Commented On 05/02/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bad greens

I called ahead before booking to ask about their greens, because I had heard that some you couldn't even putt on. They told me they were fine except for 15, which has a temporary green or fairway hole. There were several greens that were not worth the time to putt on, especially on the back 9. It is early in the season so hopefully they will get them into shape, otherwise fairways were pretty decent, tee boxes really need some work.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Hi, we are sorry that you didn't have the best experience, but soon our course and with the weather cooperating, it will be in better shape. Your feedback is important to us.

Prestwick

Usually nice. Nov. 7, 2018 was bad. Person at desk said they were starting at 18 and aerating. Front was nice except tee boxes and rough weren't mowed. Got to 13 and the guy was on the green aerating. We were getting ready to hit up to the green and he yelled at us. "What are you doing?" he said in a loud, angry voice. Had to jump around and next two greens were plugged, not cleaned off, and no cup! Worker said we could skip around and play holes that weren't aerated! We left without playing 3 holes! Weren't told any of this at check-in! Bad experience! We took a friend who had never played there!

Long, long way to go

I played this course today for the first time in over 20 years. My level of disappointment was high, to say the least. This used to be a beautiful layout and a pristine course. To call it a goat ranch today is disservice to the goats. The greens are diseased and filled with bare spots, most of the tees are chewed up and unplayable, The range was abysmal.I know this course has been through receivership and is under new management and they are trying to get it back, but they have a long, long road ahead. IMO, they should close it for a couple of years and totally rebuild it. To continue to take people's money is somewhat dishonest, IMO. The pro told me a "couple" of the greens had some problems. A couple ?? How about most of them ? There was no mention of the horrible tees and the crabgrass-filled fairways. If you've got an extra $ 40 to spend, be my guest. I won't play it again.

Below Standard: Course, Staff, Service Level

I’m a casual golfer who has had the opportunity to play at a number of courses in Indiana, around the country, and some internationally. I played at Prestwick yesterday with a good friend who recently relocated to the area. While my “hot deal” made this a great price I would have preferred to play elsewhere for the extra $15. The course itself was in rough condition with many of the greens suffering from some kind of disease. The tee boxes were also in rough shape and regularly throughout the fairways you would see crab grass and other issues sprouting up. I would say my lawn is receiving more attention than the course in terms of weed prevention. It was a balmy day with high temps and very high humidity yet not a single water station actually had water. When we made the turn we stopped in for refreshments (obviously with the temps and lack of water) and sat at the bar in the lounge area for 10 minutes before I had to go find someone to take our order.

Overall, I would not recommend this course to anyone until they’ve had a chance to tackle some of the issues with the course. The other issues are just a matter of keeping the staff on task - service, etc. I could see this course being a nice place to go but they won’t receive any of my money until I’ve received word from a trusted source that they’ve buttoned up several issues.

Avoid at all costs

This course recently changed from private to public. The first tee box should have been a sign of what was to come. There was grass, but it was mostly crab grass. Things was the norm for all of the teeboxes. The fairways had many burnt/dead spots. The tee boxes and fairways were golfing heaven compared to the greens. All of the greens had significant dead spots that were down to bare soil. The worst were at least 50% covered with these spots.

I gave up trying after 13 holes. There was no point in playing well tee to green to be sabotaged by the horrifically maintained greens.

Avoid this course. The layout is very nice. It could be a great course, but the greensare in such bad shape that it will take numerous growing seasons to get them to playable.

Not in The Best Shape

This was the foursomes first time playing this course. We were all very disappointed. It had the potential to be good. The lack of attention really showed. We played Saddlebrook Golf Course which was closed for two years and only open for 2 months, and it was in better shape. I don't think the staff can get it back to good playing conditions with the continued heat. It was definitely not worth the drive.

Underwhelmed

I have lived in central Indiana for a while now and was pleasently surprised to find Prestwick on GolfNow. I booked a tee-time for 12:27 and when arrived to check in and warm up discovered that the course did not open until 11:30. No morning tee times at all? Then, it was not told to me that they were not playing the back 9 as the greens were being airrated and under repair. It took me losing two balls and looking like a complete idiot to make that realization. The course needs work. I get it, it was a Monday, but it looked like they were ready to close the doors for good! Probably not playing the course again.

Very poor shape

Tee boxes with shaggy grass and lots of bald spots. Fairways dry and half brown, not much descent green grass. Most greens in poor shape with large cracking dry and dead brown spots and bare spots with nothing but dirt. Temperature in the low 90’s and no drinking water in the water stations. Course personnel indifferent when told of this. I would not go back and play this course for free and was reimbursed for my gas to get there. Golfnow is damaging it’s credibility by even listing Prestwick. I gave it one star because there was no place for a zero.

Surprisingly decent shape

Course in fairly good condition. Greens reasonably quick and rolling true. Fringe areas well groomed and manicured. Only drawback was tee boxes left a lot to be desired. This course is well designed by Mr. Simmons as were his other projects at the Pointe, Valle Vista and Green Acres in Kokomo. Kudos to the managing company in having this course in decent shape. Hope efforts continue.

A classic comes back!

Great to see this course still open ... while no longer a private track, Prestwick is more accessable and still just as fun. Still needs a little TLC from a maintenance perspective, but the layout is both challenging and enjoyable. Will definitely return!

Great course!

Course is very interesting and in great shape! 2nd time I've played it. Staff is super friendly! Can't say anything bad about this experience! Lucky to get to play it! Rick Ferguson

Private gone public

This used to be very prestine now not so much. Greens a little bare here and there and fairways not very well groomed. The outer rouhg very tall and thick. Hard to find ball. Still a nice course needing attention.

Not Worth the Money

This course has really declined in conditions recently. The staff is not friendly in the slightest, and makes you feel as though you are an inconvenience to them. They do not take care of the greens and let the fairways burn out each year in July. Do not waste your time playing this course.

Plainfield, Indiana
Danville, Indiana
Clayton, Indiana
Brownsburg, Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana
Camby, Indiana

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
5197 Fairway Dr, Avon, Indiana 46123, Hendricks County