Style Links
Scorecard for Quail Crossing Golf Club
Gold M: 72.8/132 455 338 538 395 165 361 436 150 397 3235 406 211 392 465 555 402 366 195 531 3523 6758
Blue M: 70.7/129 427 321 497 380 138 341 412 135 388 3039 401 198 356 437 519 360 356 171 506 3304 6343
White M: 69.1/124 397 311 463 358 125 331 396 121 373 2875 391 160 349 395 496 347 351 153 495 3137 6012
Green M: 64.7/115 W: 70.1/116 320 261 421 309 111 265 353 102 303 2445 327 113 295 327 418 273 290 128 465 2636 5081

Year Built 1997
Architect Tom Doak (1997)

Practice Hole Yes

Management Working to Improve

My first time to play Quail Crossing in a few years. I knew course conditions had deteriorated under the previous ownership and I didn't have high expectations. However, I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. Four of the greens (out of the 18) are in poor condition and are going to require a lot of TLC to recover. The remaining greens, tee boxes and fairways are in good condition for this time of year. In discussion with the General Manager after the round, it is evident the owners have a plan to bring the course back into condition. Like many golf courses, money is tight and improvements will come slowly. I would encourage you to support the course while management works to get it back in shape. Golf, food and drink prices are reasonable.

Greens!!!

Probably 80% of greens in bad shape. From tee to green is playable. Needs some time to get greens back in playing conditions.

Course Conditions are Vastly Improved

Quail Crossing has made huge strides in the last year and the course is in excellent condition once again. Greens no longer have any weeds in them and are rolling well. They will continue to improve as the weather warms up and the turf gets some sun.

Fairways and bunkers have been addressed and are once again up to par. If you have not played Quail in awhile because of course conditions, try it again, the course has immensely improved.

-Ryan S, Warrior Golf

On the come back

I played twice out here last week. The course is well on its way back! The bunkers are non existent but the fairways and greens are in great shape. Only one of the greens was not in too good of shape. For 25 bucks you cannot beat this course.

Work in progress

Great course if they can get it back in shape.

What a shame

I first played Quail Crossing 11 years ago and truly enjoyed the course. It has a great layout and makes you think some off of the tee (accuracy instead of power sometimes). The last few years I have played Quail Crossing once a year to see if it has improved because it is fairly close my house. This year I played it because it was $29 for a weekend round with a cart. The greens were terrible. You were better off missing the green and chipping on. I don't mind putting on slow greens as long as they as are maintained. There were multiple dirt patches on every green. There were multiple ROCKS on several greens. There was a bridge we felt scared to cross. We had to move our balls in the fairway to find a good lie. This course has officially hit rock bottom. $29 is still too much. The best plan for this course is to shut down for a year and make the necessary improvements. I will not be playing Quail Crossing until they tidy the many maintenance issues they have. It's too bad. This used to be a good course, now it's just an embarrassment.

70 Degrees in February

The course was in good shape considering the time of year; however, the greens will need much work come spring to fully fill in and return to excellent condition. Otherwise it was a great time with great weather for February.

Worst course I've ever played!!

The only reason I played here is because it was a hot deal for $14, after fees. I have heard the same story for 3 yrs now about how they are turning things around. Very sad because the layout is very good but conditions are similar to a course that would be going out of business. The local area needs this course to be in good shape. I picked my ball up on over half the greens due to dirt areas. This course and worth $15, with cart and not a penny more.

worst coarse ever

the greens are the worst I have ever witnessed and some they had crews working on them and were unplayable all dirt

Please, somebody fix this course!

I absolutely love the layout of this course. It winds in and out of woods, has wide and narrow fairways, different elevation shots and many of the greens are tricky but fun. At least they would be if...and here's the rub. These greens are in the worst shape of any I've ever played on. No putt, be it a 20 footer across a slope or a 3 footer straight in could be made without the ball bouncing and kicking one way or another. The bare patches took up almost as much square footage as the green spots and the green spots were full of weeds. My buddy and I agreed that we could move the ball laterally for a straight path to the cup but we only could do that once or twice because there never were any straight paths to the cup. It's a shame because we really like the layout of this course.

Not worth playing!!!!

Used to be one of my favorite course. Good lay out and challenging but it really isnt worth playing now. Greens are terrible and some of the fairways have piles of dead grass in them. Need to shut down for the rest of year and get their course back to playable conditions.

Horrible greens

The worst greens I have ever played on! I would definitely not recommend this course to anyone!

Surprise

Front nine was closed for aeration and had to play back nine twice. Grass was tall and large clumps of mowed grass in fairways ( balls disappeared in the fairways). Greens were in terrible shape with crabgrass on them and massive bare spots. Very disappointed. Course looks to be on the decline.

Worst I ever Played

I do believe in 20 years of playing this course was in the worst condition I have ever seen, with maybe this course years ago when they didn't inform me that they had just plugged the course.
This poor review is because the course has lost several of thier greens and fiarways, I don't know it was diseaseto the grasses or what, but you couldn't put on the greens with any confidence, and the fairways were bare or covered with unmown weeds. The roughs were so deep you had to be on top of a ball in order to find it. It is flustrating enough to hit into the rough, but to waste time looking for a ball you know is there and not be able to find it is really bad.
I would not recommend this course for at least two years. If i hadn't used Golfnow and prepaid I would have asked for a refund and played elsewhere. It was that bad.

Good course but poor condition

It is a good course and we enjoyoed golf but the course condition was not good at all. Many of green had bare spots and weeds.

New horrible ownership!

Played this course 6 months ago and it was great. After a horrible outing yesterday I was told the course has new ownership. They have ruined the place. Save your money until further notice.

Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. I wanted to let you know that we have owned the course for about 18 months. The golf course you experienced is clearly not up to par. We made some mistakes at Quail this year and it shows on the course. However, we have recently taken some important steps to making the course better. We have a new Superintendent in place and the course has already improved since he began only a few weeks ago. We intend to bring the course back to where it needs to be. It will take some time, but we know we cannot have a successful golf course without better course conditions. Thank you again for playing, please check back with us, we would like another chance to earn your business once the course has turned around.

-Ryan S. Warrior Golf

Course in rough shape overall

I haven't played here since the spring and as I've heard the course has taken a turn for the worse. I have played at quail reguarly since 1997 and always enjoyed the layout, challenge and course condition. A few notes from todays' round below.

1. Rough was so high that if you hit the ball there it was a loss.
2. Greens were in terrible shape. The only green that was playable was #6.
3. Teeboxes in rough shape.

I payed 18.00 plus booking fees but will not return again this season. I will just stick to playing the muni courses which are in much better condition. I hope w/Mamie moving on that Warrior golf is committed to getting the course back to the excellent condition I've experiece in the past; they have their work cut out for them.

Jack,

Thanks for your comments. You obviously are a long term player at Quail and we are very sorry about the current condition of the golf course. We had some serious management problems this spring and the golf course has really suffered. We are committed to making Quail Crossing a successful course and we feel like we are back on the right path. We have hired a new General Manager and Superintendent and I believe you will notice some rapid improvements. Please stick with us - we would love to get a progress report if and when you decide to play again.

Regards,

Ryan S. Warrior Golf

Horrible does not accurately describe it

This was once a good course but no longer. Worst conditions I've ever played. Greens are covered in crabgrass and many apear damaged by excessive chemical use. There were so much grass clippings everywhere we we losing balls in fairways and rough. Rough was beyond playable and was 6-8 inches deep in most areas. Again it appeared like very minimal groundskeeping has been done. Complained to staff an d was given s rain check for next spring but I doubt I'll ever go back.

Commented On 09/03/2015

Thank you for your comments. We hope you will give us another try in the Spring or even sooner. We have hired a new Superintendent and although the course needs time to recover, the conditions are already improving.

We apologize for the bad experience you had and are doing our best to get Quail back into better shape.

Ryan S. - Warrior Golf

Very bad shape.

This course was in the worst shape I have ever seen it. Many greens had much dead grass and crabgrass. The fairways were bad too. It was awful.

This course is in AWFUL condition!

Normally I do not review courses but this course calls for an exception! I honestly do not even know where to begin! I have never been so disappointed in how poorly the conditions of the course were. You pull up to the clubhouse and there are literally 5 cars in the parking lot on a sunny day that was perfect for golfing, that should've been the first warning that something was wrong. The clubhouse and everything around it looked excellent and in great condition, but walking onto the course was a whole different experience. We got up to the tee box and you looked out into the fairway on number 1 and could not tell the fairway from the rough! We all hit decent drives but it took us 10 minutes to find our balls because it was buried in the grass that resembled more of a goat pasture than a fairway! We could just tell it was going to be a long day from there. It did not get any better either! Every hole was miserable because if you did not hit your ball in the middle of the fairway, it was not going to be found. If by some miracle you did find it, don't plan on hitting it out of the rough because it was up to your ankles! It was so unbelievable and so frustrating! I have played this course a few times in the past and it was always a fun time with some interesting holes, but this was the most miserable round I have ever played. We played as a foursome and are all decent golfers with handicaps from about 8-15 and usually play 18 holes in about 3 hours and 45 minutes going at a casual pace but this round lasted a little over 5 HOURS because we had to search for our golfballs after every shot due to the lack of course maintenance. The greens had crab grass growing on them making them very bumpy and it would throw your ball off pace plus they were extremely hard. The bunkers were as hard as concrete and there was no way to hit out of them unless you wanted to damage your club. The tee boxes were in terrible shape and some the grass was as high as the rough on a normal course. We got a good deal on this round but it was no where worth paying to play here! I would not go back and play at this course if I could for free! It is embarrassing for the golf course superintendent and anyone associated with this course because this course should be shut down if it can't be maintained any better than what it is now. First maybe they should start by cutting the grass that was as high as grass you would see at a crack house or an abandoned shack. This used to be a fun course to play but now it is just an absolute joke that no one should waste their money playing. Spend $20 more and play at a real course and enjoy yourself instead of suffering through this course. I really hope they get it figured out and turn the course back around but it is not looking likely. Don't waste your time or money at this course! In the worst shape of any course I have ever seen or could ever imagine!

Austin,

I understand your frustration. We are embarrassed about the conditions that you experienced. The course went into a serious tailspin when we made some leadership changes at the course. We have since hired a new General Manager and Superintendent and we believe that the conditions are already improving. It will take us some time to get the course back in playable condition, but we are not taking these complaints lightly and are hard at work to make positive changes. Hopefully you will try us again once the golf course has bounced back.

-Ryan S. Warrior Golf