Meadow Valley Golf Club
Scorecard for Meadow Valley Golf Club
Black M: 73.7/131 554 403 514 165 405 398 396 138 451 3424 359 125 469 530 408 170 528 448 462 3499 6923
Green M: 68.7/124 490 340 493 155 330 389 330 118 370 3015 315 112 375 510 350 140 454 396 355 3007 6022
White M: 66.6/118 450 314 451 137 300 331 301 72 335 2691 304 98 332 473 317 120 413 361 330 2748 5439
Red M: 70.7/119 W: 70.3/117 400 286 421 108 260 290 240 65 325 2395 220 93 250 400 305 100 404 270 315 2357 4752

Year Built 1996
Architect Tom Zimmerman

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2016 #24)

Off-course amenities Average

Good course, bad service

I booked using Golf Now for the first time which was an easy experience. I called ahead to the course before booking to see if I could book a twosome and I was told it wouldn't be a problem. I have played this course a few times before, but it had been several years and I thought I would take a guy there that had never played it. He enjoyed the course as did I. The greens were in great shape and the course overall was impressive seeing all the rain we have had recently. We finished the front 9 in a little over an hour and a half playing behind a threesome that was part of an outing. They were playing a scramble and they were noticeably bad golfers. We were waiting frequently, but it is Saturday morning golf so it is to be expected. The ranger had come over once and told them they were not keeping a good pace for a scramble. When we made the turn, we were greeted by the gentleman that checked us in for our tee time. He said there was another twosome on the 10th tee that had made several tee times throughout the week and had cancelled and then showed up on the wrong day at the wrong time. They told him they wanted to play with another twosome but could not get paired up with anyone. The gentleman from the pro shop said it was up to us and if we did not want to we could head to the clubhouse to put some space between us. We were a bit confused as we looked over to the number 1 tee and there was no one on the entire hole. We thought why are they going off the back nine, just because they demand to play with another twosome. I have played many courses that want to maintain pace of play and will pair twosomes to keep the pace, I understand this. I did not understand why we were told we had to address the twosome and let them know we did or did not want to play with them. It put us in a very awkward position. It was obvious that the gentleman from the pro shop did not want the responsibility of telling them they cannot show up when they want and say who they want to play with. His solution, leave them on the 10th tee waiting for another twosome to join them. as I said earlier we were pushing the group ahead of us a little and like dominos people were piling up behind us. So we had three choices, 1) play with the older couple that clearly were going to slow us down (and were admittedly annoying per the gentleman in the club house). 2) go to the club house and wait it out, not knowing when to go back or what position on the course we would be. 3) tell them we did not want to play with them (because we were just told by the gentleman in the pro shop that they were annoying all week and he didn't know what to tell them when they showed up on a Saturday morning without a tee time) and we were playing through. So, we chose option 1. It was a long 9 holes. It took over two and a half hours to complete. We were pushed many times by groups behind us. There were several times we thought about just driving to the next hole and telling them we were playing through, but that is rude and we couldn't do it. Upon completion of the near three hour 9 holes I went into the club house to tell the gentleman how painful it was to be paired with them. His reply, "Yeah you guys were out there a long time". I told him I didn't think it was our responsibility to have to manage that situation. His reply, "You should have called the club house". There was no understanding that he is the one that put us in that situation and calling him to settle it was the last thing we thought to do. He apologized, said we should have called, and went back to his iPhone. It was an extremely frustrating afternoon capped by someone who took zero responsibility for the situation. Good course, bad service.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Poor
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Average

Wide fairways short rough

Every year when I play this course they make more improvements they’ve taken all the pine trees and trim them up 6 feet or so high and mow the grass under them Finding your ball here is never been easier fairways are bent grass and very wide
Course Layout Excellent

A decent course, but nothing memorable

The course was in "ok"shape including Tees, fairways, and greens (greens were a bit rough). The don't honor extra tee times at a lower rate unless you pay their full price. The excuses were lame, but they ended up losing money by doing this because 4 golfers left and played elsewhere.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Fair

Getting better every year

Play with a guest from out of town and he was very impressed with the beauty of the course. I have played here many times over the years and the course and facility overall just keep getting better,
Value for the Money Good

Mostly links fun course

The course was in great shape. White tees were way up which totally changed the course and made it easier to challenge the greens, which is good, because they are lightning fast with large breaks. The 10th hole is a terrible layout, but the rest of the course is challenging but fun.
Course Layout Good

Great course for the money

Course was in good shape, greens were rolling true. Big challenging undulating greens. Most of the front nine was open, some tighter holes on the back, four different sets of tees for all ability levels. Nice challenging course in a rural, smalltown area. Great brewery down the street for beers after the round!
Value for the Money Good

Wonderful course

This course has everything you want. Every hole has a different layout. Plenty of challenging shots. This course is fairy flat and could easily be walked. Beautiful rolling hills. Since it is out in the middle of nowhere....it is perfect for hackers. No houses that you need to worry about hitting. The course was in great shape. The only minor issue would be the bunkers. Even though that are well maintained, the sand is not very deep. I played this course 3 times in the past few weeks. Both rounds this week took 3.5 hours or less to complete. If you are making a trip to visit Shipshewanna area I would highly recommend taking your clubs and playing this course.
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Excellent

Nice course that is great shape

Always enjoy playing here. Staff is great course is in good shape. Only area that could use improvement is that some sand traps do not have enough sand making green side shots difficult that penalize the player.
Off-course amenities Good