The Links at Heartland Crossing

Year Built 1998
Architect Steve Smyers (1998) Nick Price (1998)

Golf Simulator Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #16)

Plays Long 15
Entertaining Clients 8

Getting back on track

General course conditions continue to improve under new management. Greens were dramatically improved compared to this spring when I last played it. Hopefully with the greens back in good shape, they will be able to start addressing other needs such as bunker rehab and fairway drainage. This course has always been one of my local favorites, and it was sad to see it gradually decay. But it is definitely trending in the right direction and I look forward to playing it more next year. Keep up the good work!

A hidden gem reincarnated!

This course has been around for a while but seems like a new course to me! I had not played it in decades and decided to give it a try - boy am I glad I did!

The course is extremely playable, yet challenging. The greens were in excellent shape - undulating but rolling true.

Fairways were outstanding, considering it was Fall.

There were very few people on the course so pace of play was outstanding. I would highly recommend this course to anyone; if it wasn't so far away from my house this would be my home course!

Have been playing this course since it opened in 1998. Had always been a great course to play was was always in great shape. Several years ago something happened that it began to fall in disrepair. Played this course twice this year and was pleasantly surprised by the changes taking place. Heard new management took over and they are now putting some money back into the course to bring it back to where it was or even better. Last time I played the bunkers were still in the process of being redone and repaired but the rest of the course was looking good. Very happy to see this as this is a very nice course to play for all levels. Definitely returning to play more often next season.

the "NEW" Links at Heartland Crossing

The new owners and staff have turned this course around in less than a year. All the greens are now back to a great condition. I'm happy because this is my favorite course. Challenging course but not overwhelmingly difficult. Respect the sand. You will use all the clubs in your bag at this course. A nice variety of holes. Enjoyable.

Awesome!!

This place has made a complete turnaround! You can see the improvements and the conditions are significantly better than other courses in the area for less out of my pocket.

Hard work and dedication paying off

I first played this course 5 years ago when the Indiana PGA used Heartland Crossing as a state open qualifier. It was okay then but in the time since, the course hit some hard times. Over the last 6-months, you can see that ownership and management are working hard to put Heartland Crossing back on the map of great Indiana public golf courses. Give them another 12 months and this course will most certainly be the best option on the southside again.

Course coming back to life!

New team at Heartland has turned this course and event center around. All greens are coming back nicely. The bunkers are being worked on daily. There was a tournament going on after we played as well as an open house later in the week. The course has come back to life. Check it out!

New Owners, Pro, and Superintendent!

This course has done a complete turnaround. From the clubhouse to the course, it is coming along nicely. I encourage those that haven’t played for a while to stop by. You will notice a huge difference from last year. The greens are coming in back nicely and the bunkers are much improved. Prices are right and staff is friendly.

dusty's take

Good course and layout. Sand traps are plentiful and deep, but don't have any sand.

Commented on 07/02/2019

Thank you for visiting us at The Links at Heartland Crossing. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/25/2019

Course they’re great shape for the rain

Course they’re great shape for the rain had a Lotta rain the course is coming back the greens are really really coming in the play number 10 back

Commented on 06/25/2019

Every time I played the course now it gets better

Close now he’s in very good condition graduations to the superintend He has God because running in the right way enjoy playing

Commented on 06/12/2019

Commented on 06/10/2019

Worst greens I’ve ever seen on such a nice course

This is a very nice course- a fun track... but the very worst greens I’ve ever seen. Large patches of missing grass on just about every hole. One green was so far gone they had the green closed and cut a new green into the fairway.... just unbelievable. I got a great deal on Golf Now, but won’t be going back. Real shame as the course is fun to play and challenging!

Commented on 06/10/2019

Hi Leartech. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Links at Heartland Crossing. We hope to see you again in the future.

New owner looking better

Greens great fairways good great place to play again

Fix the green already

The green hasn’t been there on hole 11 or 12 i dont remember but for over a year now.. cant even putt on it.. and the sand is like hitting on concrete ..

Commented on 06/10/2019

Hi indygolfer23. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Links at Heartland Crossing. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice golf course in good condition.

Played May 28, 2019 and the course was in very good condition. My only complaint would be the quality of the sand traps. Overall a pleasurable course to play and a good value for the money. I especially liked the scorecard/booklets with the layout of each hole, nice touch for folks not familiar with the course layout. I'll definitely play this course again.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Hello, u6463383. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

This course has rebounded

My brother, son and myself played Memorial Day. The course was in very nice condition in spite o all rain we have gotten of late. We played 18 holes and cart in 3 hours and 15 minutes. Had it not rained really hard we would’ve been done even sooner. Course has a few fixes but overall very glad with improvements.

Commented on 05/29/2019

HiCAW084822. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Links at Heartland Crossing.

Not worth the money

I have played in the past but this might be my last time playing here. The price is reasonable if the conditions weren’t so bad. There was one hole with no green, so couldn’t even putt. There was a terrible smell in several parts of the course like sewage was draining in the course. I went to is the restroom and it was swarming with flies, worst smell I have ever smelt in my life, toilet clogged. I opened the door and had to run away it was so bad. I wouldn’t wish my worst enemy step foot in that place.
I did not speak with anyone in the clubhouse as I was just ready to leave. If they cleaned up a few things it could be a really nice course but not sure if I will ever go back if I’m paying.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Hi Fred8926004. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Links at Heartland Crossing. We hope to see you again in the future.

What happened?

We used to love playing here. The course is a mess now.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Hi, u000007360851. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Links at Heartland Crossing. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Mooresville, Indiana
4.3197823529
Plainfield, Indiana
Clayton, Indiana

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.