Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.

Plum Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1997) Tim Liddy (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Snacks

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi ghbrown31. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (317) 573-9900 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Plum Creek Golf Club!

Great course but so slow

Awesome course but way way way too many players book ed too close together guys coming off the back nine right in front of us pace of play nauseatingly slow other than that great course

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi, u000005534933. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Plum Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another great experience!

Great Day and Great Round

The course was in excellent condition and the layout of the course, the difficulty level and beauty of the course were all outstanding. Well worth the money. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, GerryJDail! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Plum Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, u000006348662. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Plum Creek Golf Club!

This was my first time playing Plum Creek after wanting to play it for the last couple of years. Overall, the tee boxes and fairways were in incredible shape. I only had a couple of complaints about the course: 1) the greens look healthy, but rolled really slow. My brother-in-law and I had issues all day getting the speed of the greens down. They looked like they should roll a lot faster. 2) More yardage markers on the course would be extremely helpful for people who don't play here often. Either that, or GPS in the carts. Other than that, really enjoyed the layout and will definitely be playing here again this summer!

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, VwSRwhyavsUMrUN8oNr2. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Plum Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 06/09/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Stu3935374. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Plum Creek Golf Club.

Challenging enough to keep it entertaining but still open enough for the average golfer. Will be coming back.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, cstone2882! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Plum Creek Golf Club!

First time playing - excellent condition!

I played in a foursome on Saturday 5/30. We teed off at 4PM and while the course was busy we never felt rushed and never had to wait to tee off. The course was in SUPERB condition. This was my first round since corona virus so it was nice to get outside and get a round in. I was able to hit a bucket of balls and get in some putting practice prior to our round, which is always nice.

The weather was perfect.

One small gripe is the amount of tall fescue type grass that is around the course specifically around the greens. I hit two balls that landed on the green and rolled into the tall grass and it is extremely difficult to find once it is in there unless you get lucky. With that said, I decided how to approach certain shots because of that, which adds to the challenge which, in my opinion, is a good thing. Our foursome was able to finish 18 in about 3:45.

Staff in the pro-shop was friendly and helpful. I bought a new glove and some tees. Downstairs in the bar I had some homemade trail mix (the addition of dried bananas is a revelation!) and packed up a 6 pack of white claws.

I would love to come back again - thanks!

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, u314159302330. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Plum Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Nice course, nice people

I would say this is a great place to play if you are interested in having a nice easy round. It is hard to lose a ball in the front 9, if you are too aggressive on the back it can punish you. Well, kept and forgiving in general, the rough is tough but fair - don't try to blast out with a hybrid, it will grab that club. Some greens are challenging in a good way.

If I have a complaint, it is that the on course information is severely lacking. If I hadn't been playing with a resident, I'd have had a hard time knowing where to go for the next tee. For 70 bucks, I'd expect at least a 150 yard marker, but distance markers are non-existent.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, u314159267942. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Plum Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u388819734. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Plum Creek Golf Club.

Nice course; poor staff

Course is nice to play but staff was not friendly and very slow checking in.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello, coltsrule42. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fairways in great shape!

The course is green, lush, and well-manicured! Fantastic overall. The greens were a bit slow compared to normal, presumably in part due to the recent aeration - expect greens to be in great shape in a couple of days.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u641231532! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Plum Creek Golf Club!

Non golf

Booked my tee time and got a confirmation. The morning of golf golf now told me that time was not available. This was my first experience with golf now. Not good

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello, u314159895255. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had when booking your round. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Plum Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

No tee markers?

I understand it is January and you don’t normally get a lot of play this time of year. But, when you get a couple of weekend days in the 50’s you should know you are going to get some activity. There were no tee markers on the tee boxes. So you just had to guess where you should play from. This course has some holes that are very tricky to find. Better markings on WHERE the next hole is would be nice. Generally the course was in pretty good shape. The greens were pretty shaggy, but I guess that is to be expected in January.

Underwhelmed

Course layout was just ok for the Dye courses I have played. Conditions were great for a winter round. The problem I had was the very poor pace of play and the fact that I was forced to play with someone else whose golf etiquette was horrible. I would have loved to rate the course higher but too many things were not up to snuff.

Commented on 01/24/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Plum Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

If you driver right handed and constantly slice your shot you will love this course.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi, Glarolar. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Plum Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/06/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, sdsuswim22. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Great round

Enjoyed round very much. Watch greens - very hard and tough to keep ball on them!!

Commented on 06/19/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, mriekhof. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hi ghbrown31. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Plum Creek Golf Club.

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Indianapolis, Indiana