Plum Creek Golf Club

Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.
Plum Creek Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5403 yards 70.3 116
Forward 72 5195 yards 64.7 106
Forward (W) 72 5195 yards 69.2 113
Scorecard for Plum Creek Golf Club
Championship M: 73.8/127 323 506 191 423 357 408 492 538 240 3478 355 220 517 421 455 355 203 534 432 3492 6970
Tournament M: 71.8/125 323 506 159 392 357 408 428 512 172 3257 355 159 517 380 422 355 176 534 395 3293 6550
Member M: 70.6/120 310 475 159 392 327 398 428 512 172 3173 340 159 463 380 422 343 176 503 395 3181 6354
Masters M: 68.2/117 W: 73.2/125 288 451 126 367 288 385 389 469 140 2903 323 132 434 365 347 323 160 489 354 2927 5830
Green M: 65.1/107 W: 70.3/116 269 417 122 348 284 352 356 448 116 2712 300 101 406 348 345 301 139 441 307 2688 5400
Forward M: 64.7/106 W: 69.2/113 256 419 98 293 253 336 354 414 116 2539 303 100 407 340 317 292 134 458 305 2656 5195

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1997) Tim Liddy (1997) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2017 #25)

Very nice

This was the first time my son and I played here. My husband had, and recommended it. Staff was very friendly. Course is in very nice condition. Layout is varied. We will be back.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/28/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you and the whole family back again soon!

Great course, beer ridiculously overpriced.

The course was in perfect shape and has a great layout.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions. Come play again soon!

Well Managed

Had a great time. Very well maintained. Not the most challenging course but a very solid course.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We are glad you enjoyed your round of golf with us. Come play again soon.

Don’t let Pete Dye fool you. Save your money.

I’ll start off by saying in over 20 years of golf I had never played here because I always heard it was overpriced for what you get. I was a long time member at Pebble Brook and frequently played Bear Slide, Purgatory and Prairie View. I was a scratch golfer back then but I am currently a 5 handicap. I have also worked at multiple golf courses including Purgatory and Gator Creek in Sarasota, Fl. The reason I tell you all that is because I grew up around the game, played at a high level and worked at multiple courses over a long period of time and I have never once seen anyone kicked off a course. I’ve seen some pretty dumb things done on golf courses but none of those things led to being removed from the course. There was a one time warning and that was the end of it.

That being said, about 3 months back a friend invited me to join the Wednesday night men’s league at Plum Creek so I decided I’d give it a chance. I enjoyed the format and the people in the league. I’ve made some good friends and ended up making Plum Creek my regular course because many of the league players I’ve become friends with are members there.

A few weeks ago I went out with my daughter, a friend of mine and his kids. On #9(our last hole) my friend made a hole in one. It was late and we played until dark but as the tradition goes, my buddy had to buy everyone a drink at the clubhouse. The bar is supposedly open until 10 but on this night the bartender had closed out her drawer at 9:45. We walked in at 9:48, literally. Instead of reopening the drawer she refused drinks for a MEMBER(even though we were paying cash) and refused to even put the cash in an envelope and ring it in the next day as I suggested. I don’t think I need to explain how this decision took away from probably the most exciting moment my friend has ever, and probably will ever, experience while playing golf.

Moving on to today, I head out to play with the same friend again. We arrive a few minutes before our tee time. I keep a bottle/flask of fireball, as many golfers do, in my bag. We were rushing to the tee so I did not have time to grab a drink from the clubhouse as I usually do. Right before teeing off I decided to take a quick swig of my fireball in my bag. I go to tee off and next thing I know, Mark comes out from the club and asked me if I “snuck liquor onto the course”. I said “I don’t know about sneaking but yes I do have a bottle in my bag.” He then tells me that I can either give him the bottle and if it ever happens again I won’t be welcome back, or I can get a refund and leave. I gave him the bottle and he agreed to let me play and give me the bottle when we leave. Problem solved right? Wrong. As we were walking back to our carts from the first green Mark is waiting. He decides to go back on what we agreed upon just a few minutes earlier and informs me that I have to leave. I attempted to reason with him but he wasn’t hearing it. I went inside and left without incident. Did I mention that it is not posted anywhere that you are not allowed to bring your own liquor or beer and that there was no beverage cart on the course and many times there isn’t?

So... if you are a regular customer(or even a member) that plays at Plum Creek 3 times a week on average and spends $1,000’s on merchandise, beer, food, range balls and greens fees don’t expect to get any kind of respect or decent treatment from the management at this place.

Although the course is a Pete Dye course, that’s about where the positives end. Not all Pete Dye courses are equal that’s for sure. The greens are always covered with divots and from one day to the next they will putt entirely different. I always made a point to repair mine plus one more and many times two or three more. The tee boxes aren’t even close to level either and on at least half the holes you will not find a level spot to tee off that’s not chewed up. Outside of the greens the course is pretty well maintained but the two most important places are poor at best.

So to summarize, if you want to play off of side hill lies from the tees, putt on the surface of the moon and get treated like crap for spending your hard earned money at a “top” course then by all means head on over to Plum Creek! I assure you I’ve spent my last dollar there.

Fun Layout

Second time playing this course. The first time it was very wet. The course is straightforward and playable, yet challenging and fun. Pace of play was good. Conditions were good. Only slight negative is looks like members aren't great at fixing ball marks on greens. Some were a little bumpy.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/20/2018:
We're glad you decided to come back to Plum Creek for more! We hope to see you out there more often.

This course has good layout it’s right in front of you.

I enjoyed my round met three good guys . I enjoyed the challenge and it was in great condition . The staff was very professional and course had excellent practice facility’s.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge as well as the course conditions. Come play again soon!

Pete Dye gem

Thais is a Pete Dye course. All the usual tricks associated with Pete Dye courses are here. I didn’t care for it myself but if it’s your thing...this is the course. The course was in excellent condition. Very well maintained . The value is not there for me though. At a $60 rack rate I expect GPS carts, restrooms on the course, and a snack cart. The place had none of that. Since I didn’t like the PEte Dye tricks the course is not worth the price for me to play again. Good lick to all those who do .

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Now that you have more of a feel for the course layout we hope you give the course another shot to practice your game.

This is a very nice course!

We 3 could not have played a better day on a very nice course! No one in front of us for entire round. Sand in bunkers was good and greens were still wet ,but quick. If you get the opportunity to play this course,take it for i know we will!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We are glad your group enjoyed their round. Come play again soon!

Highly recommended course

Excellent value. Course was in fantastic condition with greens fast and true. Excellent layout with some challenging holes. Played the course two days in a row on my first visit to Indy, and would play again in the future.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the excellent review! We are glad you found value in the course.
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We hope you book your next round with us very soon.

Always improving

One of the reasons I love playing Plum creek is because they are always improving and maintaining the course. Best public cours you can play in the Carmel area in my opinion.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you recognized all of the great improvements!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 06/01/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star rating! Come play again soon.

Playing it right...

Great course, just the right amount of challenge from the blue tees for a 12 handicapper. Love playing there, but typically price gets in the way. Thank you Golf Now for making it a great day for my group - at a very favorable price point.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/16/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating & review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer. Come play again soon!

Great Time!

Thank you Plum Creek for posting a golf time at a great rate on Golfnow! The course was in excellent shape. The staff was very accommodating. Brand new carts. Pace of play was excellent. I had a great time and look forward to going back again!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:
Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad you found the course well worth playing. For the best rates, be sure to book here https://plum-creek-golf-club-2.play.teeitup.com/

Worth a visit

Course was in beautiful shape. Booked a solo round on golf now and was paired with 3 other guys. The group I played in was great, and the course was a blast. The greens were in good shape and rolled pretty quick. The course layout is fantastic. It’s pretty open and pretty hard to lose a ball. There are plenty of different tee boxes for different skill levels of golfers. Pace of play was great. The outdoor patio was filled with people watching golf on tv. What a day to spend on the golf course. I’ll be back.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you had a great time and enjoyed the course layout. We look forward to seeing you out there again soon!

Good Course

This course is popular as it sits in the middle of carmel. In every experience at this course, pace of play has been an issue.

I would also never play this course without a golf now deal. The standard rates are just too high for what you get. People pay it, so you can’t blame them.

Fun track, true greens that can play quick in right conditions, great condition but SLOW pace of play. Expect a 5 hour round if you don’t get out early.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for your review. We will work on the pace of play and hope you give us another shot soon.

Plum Creek Carmel 5/5/2018

Great course. Via GolfNow, our rates of $3/ea made this a great deal. The course condition was great-no bare spots. I hope to return soon and often this summer.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:
We are glad you found value in the course! We look forward to your next round soon.

Affordable course

My dad and I met up for a quick 18 with a cart around 5:45. Played the front side twice in under 3 hours with cart. I would recommend this course to any and everyone

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/08/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you and your dad enjoyed the day at #PlumCreekGolfClub

One of the best

This is probably one of the best courses in Central Indiana. It's a bit expensive so I only play once in a while. It's always in perfect condition. Course layout isn't super difficult but the greens are very hard (at least for me), you can easily end up three putting if you don't take your time.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/04/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We are honored you consider Plum Creek Golf Club "one of the best courses in Central Indiana." For the best daily rates, be sure to book online here https://plum-creek-golf-club-2.play.teeitup.com/

We had two tee times reserved for a total of six guys. A group of four teed off and then was followed by our other two who were paired with another couple. After hole #1, the other couple(who was not with us) suggested that our two guys play through to join the rest of us. From hole #2 on we played as a six-some, regularly waiting on the group in front of us. The two-some behind us did not wait on us at any point on the front nine. We made the turn and were having a great time. Once we finished #10, a gentleman came by and asked us why we were playing all together. We calmly explained our reasoning and encouraged him to ask the couple behind if we were slowing them down. He did not even listen to what we had to say. He demanded firmly that we split up for the remainder of the round. We did as he asked but the remainder of the back nine was ridiculously long. We waited in every fairway and tee for the foursome in front of us, which in turn cause our two-some to wait in addition to the couple behind them. I am all about keeping pace of play appropriate but what the gentleman did lacked commonsense and resulted in a poor experience from #10 on.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/02/2018:
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and explain what happened. We are sorry your experience on the back nine was not as enjoyable as the front nine due to having to separate your 6-some. However, it is our policy to not have groups of more than 4 people, no exceptions. We understand this situation may have been different, but we don't make the exception in order to keep it fair for future players. We hope you understand and appreciate your patience.
Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Zionsville, Indiana