Plum Creek Golf Club

• 12401 Lynnwood Blvd, Carmel, Indiana 46033, Hamilton County
  • www.plumcreekgolfclub.com

Year built: 1997
Architect(s): Pete Dye (1997), Tim Liddy (1997)
Type: Public

Masters (W) 72 5830 yards 73.2 125
Green (W) 72 5403 yards 70.3 116
Forward 72 5195 yards 64.7 106
Forward (W) 72 5195 yards 69.2 113

Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.

"Playing it right..."

zatkulak's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Great course, just the right amount of challenge from the blue tees for a 12 handicapper. Love playing there, but typically price gets in the way. Thank you Golf Now for making it a great day for my group - at a very favorable price point.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star rating & review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer. Come play again soon!

"Great Time!"

dhiner's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

Thank you Plum Creek for posting a golf time at a great rate on Golfnow! The course was in excellent shape. The staff was very accommodating. Brand new carts. Pace of play was excellent. I had a great time and look forward to going back again!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad you found the course well worth playing. For the best rates, be sure to book here https://plum-creek-golf-club-2.play.teeitup.com/

"Worth a visit"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

Course was in beautiful shape. Booked a solo round on golf now and was paired with 3 other guys. The group I played in was great, and the course was a blast. The greens were in good shape and rolled pretty quick. The course layout is fantastic. It’s pretty open and pretty hard to lose a ball. There are plenty of different tee boxes for different skill levels of golfers. Pace of play was great. The outdoor patio was filled with people watching golf on tv. What a day to spend on the golf course. I’ll be back.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you had a great time and enjoyed the course layout. We look forward to seeing you out there again soon!

"Plum Creek Carmel 5/5/2018"

blainemiller's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Great course. Via GolfNow, our rates of $3/ea made this a great deal. The course condition was great-no bare spots. I hope to return soon and often this summer.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/15/2018:

We are glad you found value in the course! We look forward to your next round soon.

"Affordable course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

My dad and I met up for a quick 18 with a cart around 5:45. Played the front side twice in under 3 hours with cart. I would recommend this course to any and everyone

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/08/2018:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you and your dad enjoyed the day at #PlumCreekGolfClub

"One of the best"

dzoeller's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/01/2018

This is probably one of the best courses in Central Indiana. It's a bit expensive so I only play once in a while. It's always in perfect condition. Course layout isn't super difficult but the greens are very hard (at least for me), you can easily end up three putting if you don't take your time.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/04/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are honored you consider Plum Creek Golf Club "one of the best courses in Central Indiana." For the best daily rates, be sure to book online here https://plum-creek-golf-club-2.play.teeitup.com/

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

We had two tee times reserved for a total of six guys. A group of four teed off and then was followed by our other two who were paired with another couple. After hole #1, the other couple(who was not with us) suggested that our two guys play through to join the rest of us. From hole #2 on we played as a six-some, regularly waiting on the group in front of us. The two-some behind us did not wait on us at any point on the front nine. We made the turn and were having a great time. Once we finished #10, a gentleman came by and asked us why we were playing all together. We calmly explained our reasoning and encouraged him to ask the couple behind if we were slowing them down. He did not even listen to what we had to say. He demanded firmly that we split up for the remainder of the round. We did as he asked but the remainder of the back nine was ridiculously long. We waited in every fairway and tee for the foursome in front of us, which in turn cause our two-some to wait in addition to the couple behind them. I am all about keeping pace of play appropriate but what the gentleman did lacked commonsense and resulted in a poor experience from #10 on.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 05/02/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and explain what happened. We are sorry your experience on the back nine was not as enjoyable as the front nine due to having to separate your 6-some. However, it is our policy to not have groups of more than 4 people, no exceptions. We understand this situation may have been different, but we don't make the exception in order to keep it fair for future players. We hope you understand and appreciate your patience.

"Fun Round!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/26/2018

Plum creek is a quality golf club and has a very solid layout for all of their holes. I had a wonderful time playing the course again and found the course to be in excellent condition for this time of year. I am always impressed with the staff and with the amenities the course offers and was pleased to have the opportunity to play in the afternoon. I do plan to be back as I really enjoy this golf course. Highly recommended.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star round! We are glad you recognized the quality of our golf course. We appreciate the recommendation and hope you bring your family & friends next time!

"Always a fun course."

Slimsteeler's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

I’ve always enjoyed playing at Plum Creek. Love the layout and the conditions are always very good. On this day the greens were a little bumpy but that’s to be expected early in the season especially with the cold weather and delayed spring. Will be back as often as I can. Love this track.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you out there again this season.

"Not bad for March"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Course was open but driving range was closed

Greens were slow and bumpy. To be expected for March golf

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Thank you for the 4 stars! We appreciate your understanding and hope you come play again soon.

"First day opened"

Gyou's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/27/2018

Course was in pretty good conditions after 4 inches of rain the previous week. I was surprised how playable the course was, was first day it was opened. Greens in pretty good shape.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you found the course in great condition. We hope to see you out there again soon!

"late bonus play in dec"

kanick's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

nice sunny 52 degrees for that close to xmas course in nice shape, always fun at this site

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 12/27/2017:

Thank you for the 5* review! We are happy you were able to get in a round before we closed down for the season!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/19/2017

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 12/27/2017:

Thank you!

fishersfuzz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 12/04/2017:

Thank you!

"Great round a week before Thanksgiving? Yep!"

Jslifer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

Course was in incredible shape for this late in the season. Plum Creek always goes out of their way to give you a CC feel and amenities are always top notch. The course, while a bit short from the whites has a great balance between being challenging, but also playable... which keeps rounds (even when busy) at 4 hrs or less. Lastly, PC isn't afraid to discount rates which other neighboring courses don't do. Much appreciated for a father of 4.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 11/17/2017:

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad to hear that you are able to come out to Plum Creek and get that private club feel for a great price! We hope to see you and the kids on the course soon!

"Solid course, great condition, one of Indy's best"

Brookscm72's avatar
Indiana Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/05/2017
Previously played Used cart Wet weather

Played on Sunday morning, with threat of rain and pretty windy (it did sprinkle a bit off and on). Great price on GolfNow.

We had rain earlier in the week, so the course was in very good shape, especially considering it's Nov. Tees were grassed well, pretty flat. Fairways, rough and bunkers were all in great condition. Greens are probably some of the more consistent you will find around here; very fair, smooth, fit the course very well. You'll find a lot of Pete Dye's favorites here, so slicers beware. I'd categorize most landing areas as fair, so you can get the ball in play. Most of the greens are elevated, so while a few holes are pretty short, the approach is trickier. We played the blues, and with the wind, we had a few longer approach shots in. The par 5s are pretty gettable, and the par 3s are mostly tame. I enjoyed a few holes more than others, #1 is a fun opener, risk/reward; #4 is a solid hole with a split fairway, a creek thru the middle; #7 is a tough hole into the wind. The closing stretch is fun, with #16 a longer par 3, #17 a par 5 over the lake and #18 around the same lake again. (no slicing allowed here, pick your spot on 17 tee with caution!).

Conditions were very solid, made the course very fun. I wouldn't call this one of Pete's best, but consistency matters. I think they get a fair amount of play, so they are doing the right things putting some money into the super's hands. I'll definitely be back, I played pretty bad on the back nine, so paybacks are in order!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 11/10/2017:

Thank you for the kind review! We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable day out on the course. We are sure any golfer reading this review will appreciate it as well! See you next time!

"Enjoyable course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

Plum Creek is a course that a player can score well. Challenging but not hard for the average golfer. Every time I've played the course, it's been in excellent conditions. Fairways cut, greens quick and the rough is grass, not weeds.

The staff is extremely friendly, from the guys in the pro shop to the girls that work in the snack area.

Good practice facility, they have balls available to chip and good putting greens for practice.

Outdoor lounge and TVs to catch up on golf, football or baseball games.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/31/2017:

Thank you for the positive review! Thank you for the kind words about our staff, course, and facility!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/18/2017

Fairways are excellent, greens are fast, a great challenging course for a beginner but a fair course. My foursome loved it!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/23/2017:

Thank you for the 5* review! We are glad your group had a great time!

Joey2924066's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/14/2017

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/17/2017:

Thank you!

"Great course, but no marshaling"

sdn9609's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Beautiful course, great greens. Whole course is nice, 17 and 18 are spectacular. Excellent chipping area next to putting area. Easily a four star.

Other people are slow, I get it. But when the pro shop can’t or won’t do anything about it - lost a a star. Members playing behind us were frustrated (not with us) and quit after nine because of the slow play. Apparently this isn’t the first time.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/17/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the course but are sorry to hear the pace was not as fast as you would have liked.