Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.

Plum Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1997) Tim Liddy (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2017 #25)

Not bad for March

Course was open but driving range was closed
Greens were slow and bumpy. To be expected for March golf

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 04/24/2018:
Thank you for the 4 stars! We appreciate your understanding and hope you come play again soon.

First day opened

Course was in pretty good conditions after 4 inches of rain the previous week. I was surprised how playable the course was, was first day it was opened. Greens in pretty good shape.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 04/24/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review! We are glad you found the course in great condition. We hope to see you out there again soon!

late bonus play in dec

nice sunny 52 degrees for that close to xmas course in nice shape, always fun at this site

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 12/27/2017:
Thank you for the 5* review! We are happy you were able to get in a round before we closed down for the season!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 12/27/2017:
Thank you!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 12/04/2017:
Thank you!

Great round a week before Thanksgiving? Yep!

Course was in incredible shape for this late in the season. Plum Creek always goes out of their way to give you a CC feel and amenities are always top notch. The course, while a bit short from the whites has a great balance between being challenging, but also playable... which keeps rounds (even when busy) at 4 hrs or less. Lastly, PC isn't afraid to discount rates which other neighboring courses don't do. Much appreciated for a father of 4.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 11/17/2017:
Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad to hear that you are able to come out to Plum Creek and get that private club feel for a great price! We hope to see you and the kids on the course soon!
Indiana Advisor

Solid course, great condition, one of Indy's best

Played on Sunday morning, with threat of rain and pretty windy (it did sprinkle a bit off and on). Great price on GolfNow.

We had rain earlier in the week, so the course was in very good shape, especially considering it's Nov. Tees were grassed well, pretty flat. Fairways, rough and bunkers were all in great condition. Greens are probably some of the more consistent you will find around here; very fair, smooth, fit the course very well. You'll find a lot of Pete Dye's favorites here, so slicers beware. I'd categorize most landing areas as fair, so you can get the ball in play. Most of the greens are elevated, so while a few holes are pretty short, the approach is trickier. We played the blues, and with the wind, we had a few longer approach shots in. The par 5s are pretty gettable, and the par 3s are mostly tame. I enjoyed a few holes more than others, #1 is a fun opener, risk/reward; #4 is a solid hole with a split fairway, a creek thru the middle; #7 is a tough hole into the wind. The closing stretch is fun, with #16 a longer par 3, #17 a par 5 over the lake and #18 around the same lake again. (no slicing allowed here, pick your spot on 17 tee with caution!).

Conditions were very solid, made the course very fun. I wouldn't call this one of Pete's best, but consistency matters. I think they get a fair amount of play, so they are doing the right things putting some money into the super's hands. I'll definitely be back, I played pretty bad on the back nine, so paybacks are in order!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 11/10/2017:
Thank you for the kind review! We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable day out on the course. We are sure any golfer reading this review will appreciate it as well! See you next time!

Enjoyable course

Plum Creek is a course that a player can score well. Challenging but not hard for the average golfer. Every time I've played the course, it's been in excellent conditions. Fairways cut, greens quick and the rough is grass, not weeds.
The staff is extremely friendly, from the guys in the pro shop to the girls that work in the snack area.
Good practice facility, they have balls available to chip and good putting greens for practice.
Outdoor lounge and TVs to catch up on golf, football or baseball games.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/31/2017:
Thank you for the positive review! Thank you for the kind words about our staff, course, and facility!

Fairways are excellent, greens are fast, a great challenging course for a beginner but a fair course. My foursome loved it!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/23/2017:
Thank you for the 5* review! We are glad your group had a great time!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/17/2017:
Thank you!

Great course, but no marshaling

Beautiful course, great greens. Whole course is nice, 17 and 18 are spectacular. Excellent chipping area next to putting area. Easily a four star.

Other people are slow, I get it. But when the pro shop can’t or won’t do anything about it - lost a a star. Members playing behind us were frustrated (not with us) and quit after nine because of the slow play. Apparently this isn’t the first time.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/17/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the course but are sorry to hear the pace was not as fast as you would have liked.

Decent course, slow play ruins the day

Course is nice and well kept. Not overly interesting but nice. Pace of play is as bad as you’ll see anywhere, and the staff could care less.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/24/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback! We apologize you were not happy with the pace of play but hope to see you again soon.

Very Nice Pete Dye Course

Plum Creek is 5 minutes from where I live. I play it often and I am never disappointed. It has lots of challenging holes, yet is fairly forgiving. The greens are great. I like many of the great courses around Indy, and Plum Creek ranks right up there with all of them.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/20/2017:
Thank you so much for the positive review! We appreciate your continued business and look forward to having you back again soon.

Greens were very slow and bumpy

From Tee to Green the course was very good. However, the greens were awful. Very, Very slow and quite bumpy. A lot of un-repaired ball marks. No GPS. For the price charged, there should be GPS on carts. The day I played, the course was only worth about $25 per round - I paid $35 + Golf Now fee.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/14/2017:
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the condition of the greens. We encourage all of our golfers to take care of the course but, unfortunately, fixing ball marks is difficult to police.

Fun day

Enjoyed playing. 1st cut rough a little long. Need better distance markings. 100/150/200.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/14/2017:
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your round!

Great layout

It's a challanging and forgiving at the same time, one of the hallmarks of a Dye course. The first thing you have to understand is the course is heavily played. They have a large Membership and lots of local regulars, as well as pulling from all over the state. That said they do a great job keeping the fairways, rough and bunkers in sharp all summer. The greens can be hit or miss. Typically they roll about medium speed, and there's lot of subtle breaks. There are commonly a lot of ball marks, it's frustrating when golfers don't repair their marks but it's really bad here. There's a lot of risk/reward options so you can play the course different ways. There's water on probably half the holes, a creek runs through the property and there's several large ponds on the back nine. The pace of play isn't terrible but but it's not fast, especially on the weekends. And you can get stuck behind a "social" group that's more interested in seeing thier neighbors than playing golf. Overall it's a great experience, I play it regularly and I highly recommend it.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 10/24/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are sure that any golfer who takes the time to read it before playing will appreciate it as well. Come back again soon!

Great Shape

Course is in great shape and continues to be tough on me. I'll still keep coming back!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/06/2017:
Persistence is key! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Plum Creek

By far one of the nicest golf courses I have ever played. This course is challenging and makes a golfer hit shots. I would recommend this course to anyone without hesitation. My brother and I found a hot deal and took advantage. This will be a course that I try to play whenever I have a free Saturday to travel and play golf.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/30/2017:
Thank you for the kind review! We are so glad to hear you are willing to travel to the course! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/21/2017:
Thank you!
Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Fishers, Indiana
Fishers, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.