Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.

Plum Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1997) Tim Liddy (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2017 #25)

Plum Creek golf

It was very nice. Not a huge fan of playing on courses built into subdivisions but there was room for error! Course conditions were great! I would only change one hole and that is the Par 5 10th. I would move the tee boxes away from the clubhouse a bit and make it a par 4 which would make the course play at par 71. Still have water in play all along the right side but it is just too drastic of a right angle!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/21/2017:
Thank you for the kind review! That is a great suggestion about number 10 but unfortunately, we do not see that change happening anytime soon!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/08/2017:
Thank you for the 5* review!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/02/2017:
We are always looking to improve and would appreciate some feedback!

Playable for any level golfer. Fairly easy layout. Course is in good shape.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/02/2017:
Thank you for the positive review!

Nice Layout

A nice layout. Accuracy is rewarded. Adequate room off the tee. Ample greens well guarded with smart bunkering.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 09/06/2017:
Thank you for the positive review! We are glad you enjoyed the layout!

I can't wait to go back!

This was the best round of golf that I've played in a long time. I'd been wanting to play Plum Creek for some time, but just have never made it over there. Finally, a great deal showed up on Golf Now and I knew I finally had my chance. And they did NOT disappoint! The course is very well designed and you can tell that Pete Dye thought this one our very well. It's a very challenging course, but also has a lot of really wide fairways that make the course a lot more forgiving for more novice players. With a very interesting layout, every hole brings something new, and in typical Pete Dye fashion, I don't believe there are any consecutive holes that play the same direction, so the wind is a different factor for every hole. The course is beautifully taken care of and very-well manicured, and I didn't see so much as a stray candy bar wrapper lying around anywhere. The staff was very friendly and made sure I knew where everything was located once I told them I'd never been there before. The golf pro made sure and physically showed me where the first tee is, as well as where to go get my cart. (As opposed to just lackadaisically "pointing me in the right direction.") The only thing that was a bit of a downer was that play was a little slow that day. But it was also a Saturday afternoon on a beautiful day after it had been raining most of the week prior, so I had a feeling that might be the case, but it was probably the case everywhere that day. Bottom line, I can't WAIT to go back and play here again!!!

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 08/01/2017:
Thank you so much for the kind review! We really appreciate you coming out to play and look forward to having you back again soon!
Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you!

Really enjoyed this course

Interesting layout and great condition. The greens were perfect. Also a great value. Would play it again.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/07/2017:
Thank you so much for the kind review! We hope to see you again soon.

I honestly wish this place wasn't so popular. It might be the nicest public course in the area.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you so much for the kind words. If the course wasn't as popular we wouldn't be able to keep it as nice!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Add this course into your rotation

Very impressed with this course, especially the design of the holes. Great risk/reward opportunities and very pleasing to the eye. The course was in great shape, the price was excellent, there's not much more that you can ask for. Looking forward to playing here again soon.

Response from Plum Creek Golf Club on 07/12/2017:
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are looking forward to having you back again soon!
Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 06/21/2017:
Thank you!

Overall great

It's a fun track that is in great condition. Greens putt great. Not my favorite layout but it's hard to beat this course when you consider the value it offers and like I said, it's fun.

Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 06/20/2017:
Thank you so much for the 5* review! We are glad to hear you were happy with the course conditions and look forward to having you back again soon!

Plum Creek

An excellent Pete Dye design. Looks easy, appears to be short vs other courses, but that look is deceptive. The correct lines are utmost important, and the greens and wind are the golf courses defence and they are tough.

Plenty of golf course from the back tees, new owners have made some excellent improvements, and you have a very playable enjoyable, but tough golf course. Well worth the under market Plum is charging

Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 06/12/2017:
Thank you for the incredible review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the challenge of the course! We hope to see you again soon!
Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 06/06/2017:
Thank you!

Solid, challenging track

Plum Creek suffers in comparison to its nearby neighbors(looking at you Prairie View), but its stands up quite well on its own. Played on a perfect Monday, little wind, with temp in the mid 70's.

Course conditions were fine, especially after so much rain. The layout presents plenty of challenge, Dye's most diabolical work here is the greens - get on the wrong side of the pin and you face real work to 2-putt. All-in-all a solid keeper on the north side of Indy.

Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 05/31/2017:
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are glad you had such a wonderful day to golf and look forward to having you back again soon!

Great Track

Really enjoyable course. Sunday afternoon with beautiful weather and still finished in 4 hours. Greens are pure and roll true.

Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 05/31/2017:
Thank you for coming out, we are glad you had a great day on the course!
Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 05/26/2017:
Thank you!

Great overall value

Played this course for the first time. We did have one in our group that was familiar with the course, and that helped tremendously. I thought the course was in fantastic shape. Pace was just fine. We had a rain delay of about 30 minutes which was handled expertly by the staff. As hard as the rain came, the course handled the water just fine. Very friendly staff from the clubhouse to the kitchen. Bar folks let us stay around a little longer than we should have, and we appreciated that. I would highly recommend this course to anyone, and I'll look foward to playing it again soon.

Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 04/24/2017:
Hey "Stroglen" thank you so much for the incredible review! We are sorry to hear about the rain delay but are glad our staff handled everything very well! Come back and see us again soon.

big fairways

one of the nicest courses around.the staff was very courteous.my buddy was impressed with the course also.will play again.

Response from Plum Creek Country Club on 04/24/2017:
Thank you so much for the kind words "gjlc"! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Fishers, Indiana
Fishers, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.