Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.

Plum Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1997) Tim Liddy (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Snacks

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Great late fall round

Great golf course and look forward to playing it again in the spring and summer.

Commented on 12/06/2019

Hi, fastpitchdad1122. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Plum Creek Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Course was good

Not sure why clubhouses partner singles with doubles. If I wanted a threesome I would beg my wife. A 3 hour round turned into a 4 hour round. The course was fine and in excellent shape. I understand the short term business decision to maximize your profits by placing players together. However, its not good for the long term.

Commented on 10/11/2019

boverton567, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (317) 573-9900. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Five star course

The course the greens everything was beautiful and perfect we will play it again

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hello, timatwell. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Plum Creek Golf Club!

My wife and I played this course for the first time. We enjoyed it and would play it again. Pace of play was slow but that's to be expected on a nice Sunday afternoon. Tee to green the course was in good shape!

Commented on 07/08/2019

Hi Mike. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Got a good deal with GN and my buddy and I played here for my first time. It was chilly , but not bad for this time of year. Had alot of rain the night before and it was paths only.

Pace was good as there was only a foursome in front of us and didn't hold us up too bad.

Greens were fair for the time of year also.

Commented on 11/05/2018

We're glad you found value in our golf course. Be sure to book your next tee time here https://plum-creek-golf-club-2.play.teeitup.com/

Course is in great shape. Most holes are very challenging. Nice layout. Staff is quite accomadating. It was a little cool today, but pace of play good maybe because of temp. Love this course, always look forward to a round at Plum Creek. Probably wouldn't play unless I got a good price on GolfNow, but well worth 25-30 bucks.

Response from on 11/02/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're glad you enjoyed the challenge and found value in our course.

Favorite Course in Indy

Plum Creek is always in great shape and well run. It isn’t a long course (around 5700 yds from the whites), but the water and long grass off the fairways make it challenging for beginning and experienced golfers.

You usually get paired up into a foursome, and all the players have been fun to golf with.

The clubhouse and bar area are very nice.

Response from on 11/02/2018:
We're honored #PlumCreekGolfClub is your favorite course in Indy! Be sure to come back soon.
Response from on 11/02/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating. We're glad you had a great time at our golf course!

Plum Creek

Got a great deal on Golf Now. Great course. Glad I could play there before winter.

Response from on 10/22/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful 5 stars! We're glad you found value in our course.

Always fun

My personal favorite course in the Indy/Carmel area. I like to golf in the fall. prices fall with the leaves. crowds are less so a faster round is possible. played in a bit over 3 hours, walking.
try this course and remember to look closely on the greens. they can be subtly tricky.

Response from on 10/19/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review. We're happy to learn #PlumCreekGolfClub is your favorite golf course! We hope to see you out here again soon.

Very nice

This was the first time my son and I played here. My husband had, and recommended it. Staff was very friendly. Course is in very nice condition. Layout is varied. We will be back.

Response from on 09/28/2018:
Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you and the whole family back again soon!

Great course, beer ridiculously overpriced.

The course was in perfect shape and has a great layout.

Response from on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions. Come play again soon!

Well Managed

Had a great time. Very well maintained. Not the most challenging course but a very solid course.

Response from on 07/24/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We are glad you enjoyed your round of golf with us. Come play again soon.

Don’t let Pete Dye fool you. Save your money.

I’ll start off by saying in over 20 years of golf I had never played here because I always heard it was overpriced for what you get. I was a long time member at Pebble Brook and frequently played Bear Slide, Purgatory and Prairie View. I was a scratch golfer back then but I am currently a 5 handicap. I have also worked at multiple golf courses including Purgatory and Gator Creek in Sarasota, Fl. The reason I tell you all that is because I grew up around the game, played at a high level and worked at multiple courses over a long period of time and I have never once seen anyone kicked off a course. I’ve seen some pretty dumb things done on golf courses but none of those things led to being removed from the course. There was a one time warning and that was the end of it.

That being said, about 3 months back a friend invited me to join the Wednesday night men’s league at Plum Creek so I decided I’d give it a chance. I enjoyed the format and the people in the league. I’ve made some good friends and ended up making Plum Creek my regular course because many of the league players I’ve become friends with are members there.

A few weeks ago I went out with my daughter, a friend of mine and his kids. On #9(our last hole) my friend made a hole in one. It was late and we played until dark but as the tradition goes, my buddy had to buy everyone a drink at the clubhouse. The bar is supposedly open until 10 but on this night the bartender had closed out her drawer at 9:45. We walked in at 9:48, literally. Instead of reopening the drawer she refused drinks for a MEMBER(even though we were paying cash) and refused to even put the cash in an envelope and ring it in the next day as I suggested. I don’t think I need to explain how this decision took away from probably the most exciting moment my friend has ever, and probably will ever, experience while playing golf.

Moving on to today, I head out to play with the same friend again. We arrive a few minutes before our tee time. I keep a bottle/flask of fireball, as many golfers do, in my bag. We were rushing to the tee so I did not have time to grab a drink from the clubhouse as I usually do. Right before teeing off I decided to take a quick swig of my fireball in my bag. I go to tee off and next thing I know, Mark comes out from the club and asked me if I “snuck liquor onto the course”. I said “I don’t know about sneaking but yes I do have a bottle in my bag.” He then tells me that I can either give him the bottle and if it ever happens again I won’t be welcome back, or I can get a refund and leave. I gave him the bottle and he agreed to let me play and give me the bottle when we leave. Problem solved right? Wrong. As we were walking back to our carts from the first green Mark is waiting. He decides to go back on what we agreed upon just a few minutes earlier and informs me that I have to leave. I attempted to reason with him but he wasn’t hearing it. I went inside and left without incident. Did I mention that it is not posted anywhere that you are not allowed to bring your own liquor or beer and that there was no beverage cart on the course and many times there isn’t?

So... if you are a regular customer(or even a member) that plays at Plum Creek 3 times a week on average and spends $1,000’s on merchandise, beer, food, range balls and greens fees don’t expect to get any kind of respect or decent treatment from the management at this place.

Although the course is a Pete Dye course, that’s about where the positives end. Not all Pete Dye courses are equal that’s for sure. The greens are always covered with divots and from one day to the next they will putt entirely different. I always made a point to repair mine plus one more and many times two or three more. The tee boxes aren’t even close to level either and on at least half the holes you will not find a level spot to tee off that’s not chewed up. Outside of the greens the course is pretty well maintained but the two most important places are poor at best.

So to summarize, if you want to play off of side hill lies from the tees, putt on the surface of the moon and get treated like crap for spending your hard earned money at a “top” course then by all means head on over to Plum Creek! I assure you I’ve spent my last dollar there.

Commented on 04/05/2019

Sorry but have to comment. First off you say you made this your regular course, despite the conditions you graded the course. Second you play late in the day to avoid to many players and complain about the bar closing early due to lack of patrons. A hole in 1 is great, you could have gotten a drink elsewhere. Lastly you show up last minute for your tee time and bring your own alcohol which everybody knows is illegal. You got what you deserved. Having worked in golf as you say, you have no excuse.

Fun Layout

Second time playing this course. The first time it was very wet. The course is straightforward and playable, yet challenging and fun. Pace of play was good. Conditions were good. Only slight negative is looks like members aren't great at fixing ball marks on greens. Some were a little bumpy.

Response from on 07/20/2018:
We're glad you decided to come back to Plum Creek for more! We hope to see you out there more often.

This course has good layout it’s right in front of you.

I enjoyed my round met three good guys . I enjoyed the challenge and it was in great condition . The staff was very professional and course had excellent practice facility’s.

Response from on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for the great 5-star review! We are glad you enjoyed the challenge as well as the course conditions. Come play again soon!

Pete Dye gem

Thais is a Pete Dye course. All the usual tricks associated with Pete Dye courses are here. I didn’t care for it myself but if it’s your thing...this is the course. The course was in excellent condition. Very well maintained . The value is not there for me though. At a $60 rack rate I expect GPS carts, restrooms on the course, and a snack cart. The place had none of that. Since I didn’t like the PEte Dye tricks the course is not worth the price for me to play again. Good lick to all those who do .

Response from on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Now that you have more of a feel for the course layout we hope you give the course another shot to practice your game.

This is a very nice course!

We 3 could not have played a better day on a very nice course! No one in front of us for entire round. Sand in bunkers was good and greens were still wet ,but quick. If you get the opportunity to play this course,take it for i know we will!

Response from on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the great review! We are glad your group enjoyed their round. Come play again soon!

Highly recommended course

Excellent value. Course was in fantastic condition with greens fast and true. Excellent layout with some challenging holes. Played the course two days in a row on my first visit to Indy, and would play again in the future.

Response from on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the excellent review! We are glad you found value in the course.
Response from on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star rating! We hope you book your next round with us very soon.
Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Indianapolis, Indiana