Opened in 1998, this Pete Dye design has hosted several high-level college and professional golf tournaments while simultaneously serving thousands of enthusiastic amateur golfers throughout greater Indianapolis and beyond. With five sets of tees ranging from just under 7,000 yards to just over 5,000, Plum Creek is playable by all golfers. Several ponds and a winding stream come into play throughout the course, placing a premium on smart play, all while minimizing the need for forced carries for higher-handicap players.

Plum Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1997) Tim Liddy (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2017 #25)

Great value! excellent course.. i was very impressed with the GolfNow price. I went at 10am on a Thursday, almost nobody was on it! I will be going again.

Early Season

Great value for this time of year in Indiana. Haven't played this golf course in a few years but it was very playable and fun. It's Feb in Indiana and quite honestly it's a bonus to play golf thistime of year. Not much roll in the fairways but greens were decent shape.

Pristine Plum

Great course, but too many houses and needs more large trees (understandable for a 20 year old course). Great kept course. Greens in great shape. Many wonderful amenities available at club house. Moved along well on a 50 degree day. If not for recent aeration, the fairways would have been excellent. A wonderful course.

Commented On 12/02/2016

Hey "u000007167043" thank you so much for the kind words about the course! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to come out and play! Come back soon!

Excellent track

Staff was very friendly, amenities were excellent. Good companionship made for a great round.

Commented On 11/17/2016

Hey "u000005038484" thank you for the kind words about our course and staff. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your round and look forward to having you back again soon!

Great value through golf now

Course is always in excellent condition. Nice layout. Challenging.

Commented On 11/17/2016

Hey "riz777" thank you so much for the positive words about the course! Come see us again soon!

Great course on a early November day

For November course was in excellent shape. Pace of play however was excruciating.

Commented On 11/10/2016

Hey "jjaputnam" thank you for the kind words about the course! We do apologize that the pace of play was not up to your standards.

First time but not the last

I really enjoyed playing Plum Creek. Course was in great condition for Autumn golf and the weather cooperated as well. Course is not a long one, but very challenging given it's layout. A perfect combination for my game. Definitely will play here again.

Commented On 11/04/2016

Hey "kevincastle" thank you so much for the positive review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you back again soon.

Poor weather

One of my favorites

I've played this course every year but one since it opened. I used to play it regularly when I lived in Carmel. The pace of play was fast, probably because of the rainy weather, but the course played well despite the wet conditions. It's a gorgeous course (especially when the sun's shining). The amenities are great, but the course has gotten pretty pricey.

Commented On 10/19/2016

Hey "magregory" thank you so much for the 5* review! We are glad to hear you were happy with the course despite wet conditions. Come see us again soon!

Nice layout

nice course, well kept, Pace of play was a problem took allot longer to play this course than it should

Commented On 10/19/2016

Hey "rclements" we are happy to hear that you like the course but we do apologize that pace of play was a little slow!

Country club for a day

Plum Creek has a great location, easy to get to from anywhere on the north side of Indy metro. Good layout nice conditioning great staff and country club amenities at a public course.
The only issue is pace of play, our afternoon round took four hours 50 minutes. This has been fairly standard in my experience, and one of the reasons why I don't play there often.

Commented On 10/19/2016

Hey "duhner" thank you so much for the review! We appreciate the kind words about the course and our staff! Come see us again soon.

Linksy

We played the course after heavy rains the day before. It was "cart path only" so it was hard to really enjoy the course. I liked the layout and I think under normal conditions the course would play as a links design. It was so wet when we played that every shot was ALL carry. The greens were ample and had multiple tiers with suttle movements. All in all we enjoyed our day.

Poor Management & Conditions

This course has really declined. The pace of play has become terrible. Today, I played two and a half hours to cover 9 holes. There was an extremely slow foursome in front of us and they would not allow us to play through. When we made the turn with the chance to jump ahead, we found several additional foursomes had decided to start from the the 10th hole! This is the big problem. There is no on-course marshal and there are several "frequent" players who ignore all the rules. They drive carts all over the place tearing up the course, have no respect for other players, and no respect for the staff.

In addition, the condition of the course continues to get worse. The greens are terrible landmines of ball marks.

Management tries to maximize the number of players on the course and this does not help the pace or the conditions.

I bought a membership at the course this year but I won't be back next year.

Indy Advisor

Watch Out For Jerks

I've played here a few times and want to like it, but I just don't. It's not Dye's best design. At times it seems the holes are too forced into limited space. The rough is usually thick too, and there is some challenge to the course, which leads to slooooooow rounds.

But, why I will never return is my last time around. I played with a friend as a twosome and were having a good time, though it was slow as usual. We rode the groups in front of us the whole way, and had groups pushing us on the front that quit after 9. Suddenly we were approached by another 2some that had not caught us (they were in 13 fairway, we teed off on 14 when they approached) who accused us of jumping ahead of them and slowing the whole course down. And we rode the groups in front of us all round and this guy comes from nowhere to get in our face and be hostile on the course. Of course there's no marshals riding around. I informed the clubhouse about the jerk coming after us but they didn't care. So I'll pass on going back, spend my money elsewhere and recommend you do the same.

Big Disappointment

This was never my "favorite" course in town, but it is nearby and always enjoyed the course conditions and risk reward elements of the course.
However, on a recent round I was grossly disappointed......It would appear that ownership has changed here? It is not run like it used to be - it used to be run very professionally. I was looking forward to our round in great weather. We waited forever and a day on every shot..... I thought it was due to a full golf course and poor mgmt. of that factor. While we waited with the group behind us on the 3rd tee I noticed a sevensome on the 7th green adjacent to us. That wasn't what was most disturbing..... come to see and learn that there were 3.5 empty holes between them and the 2 groups in front of us holding everything up. We were on pace to play a 6+ hour round.
Further the greens were in HORRIBLE condition......several divots every hole within a 10 radius of the hole every hole. Every hole I was fixing my divot and about 8 more.
This IS NOT a players course....... maybe what you are looking for if you like to have several adult beverages, listen to the groups near you cussing, hooping it up, etc......but not if you are into pure golf. What a shame.

Poor weather

Sadly the temp was in the low 50's and there was a 20-30 mph wind. Otherwise this is a great course and one that I will definitely play again and recommend.

Simple, beautiful course

I really love playing Plum Creek. Pristine conditions, great Dye layout but also a very open/forgiving course...you can hit a little slice every once in awhile and still be okay. The pace of play was great...even with a group in front and behind, we never waited to tee off. Hard to believe a course in such good condition was only $45 a round after 2 pm. The ProShop and Bar were great...really convenient to make a stop at the turn...the food was just okay though. The staff was exceptionally friendly...after our evening round we went to hit more balls on the range and the staff worker was starting to put the balls away...even though he was cleaning up he dumped a bunch of balls out for us and let us hit a half hour more. If I lived in Indy, this would be my first choice to make my home course....great place and I'll definitely be back next time I am in Indy!

Course was in good shape over all especially for so early in year. Staff was attentive and friendly.

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Fishers, Indiana
Fishers, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana
Indianapolis, Indiana

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.