Bear Slide Golf Club

Clubs No

Snacks

Clubhouse

Commented on 09/17/2020

The course has a great layout with great sight lines which test every club in the bag. Must hit fairways and greens or pay the price. Greens were in pretty good shape that rolled with great pace. Enjoyed the round and will be back.

Commented on 09/17/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Bear Slide still a gem

Not sure I've ever seen the fairways in as pristine shape as today. Greens soft . . . maybe too much so? Regardless, this is my favorite piece of property in the state of IN. Walking in mid to upper 80s was a workout but we were ready for it. The closing holes were the tough stretch to walk.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Thanks for the great feedback. The crew really appreciates when I pass the comments along. Have to water a little heavier sometimes as our college and high school kids are gone. Not enough staff to back off on the water and drag hoses to hit the dry knobs etc. like we can when in the summer.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Hi, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear Slide Golf Club.

Beautiful course

Love this course set up with the front nine a links style course to the back side like a western (US) golf course. Plenty of tee options for the difficulty level you would like. Greens and fairways in great condition. Even in the world of covid the bunkers were in great condition.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear Slide Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating of us! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Bear Slide Golf Club!

Amazing Gem in Cicero

My wife and I played today and absolutely loved Bear Slide. Challenging yet fair. Wonderful condition and an amazing value. Highly recommend! Messed up the last 3 holes...B,B DB still shot 77. Thanks Bear Slide for a 3 hr round!

J Wilhems

Commented on 08/19/2020

Commented on 08/25/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Bear Slide Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/17/2020

Painted Greens

Course was cart path only today. Many fairways were soggy. The greens were in good shape so not sure why they were painted .The course would have been much better if played with drier conditions.

Commented on 08/13/2020

Hi Tom. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear Slide Golf Club.

Commented on 08/12/2020

Thanks for the review. Only good because of the wetness? Most reviews have been great. Yea, that happens when there is 1.7 inches of rain in less than 24 hours which is why very few mowers were out. Not paint on the greens. There was a sign at the first tee warning of the spray application that was made. Most responsible applicators include spray pattern indicator dye in their greens mixes. This helps to avoid missed spots to protect against diseases, even fertilizer coverage, etc. It also helps avoid overlap, which depending on the product could be a bad thing for the turf or wastes expensive products. This particular product is a little more permanent as it also has a plant sunscreen to help the plants with surviving the summer extremes

Nice course with good variety

I've played the course several time. I enjoy the contrast between front 9 and the back 9. The back 9 is more wooded and the front 9 is a little more links style. If I had one pet peeve there's a couple holes where you can be in the fairway and not have a very good shot at the green. If I hit the fairway I don't think I should need to hit a 30 yard hook to hit the green. That's being nit picky though, it's a nice golf course and I'll for sure be back.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Thank you for your review of us! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Bear Slide Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great Course for Casual Golfer

This course was a great course for someone like me who golfs casually. Playing from the White tees allowed for some mistakes off the tee but didn't punish to the point of frustration.

There are some very fun, challenging holes with some very pretty back drops on the back 9. Great course.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/06/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Beautiful & Challenging

This course has a beautiful mix of links and parkland style holes. There are some good elevation changes with bunkers and hazards strategically placed. Course conditioning was excellent. The greens rolled true and at a good pace with just the right amount of nuances to keep you guessing. The staff was friendly & professional. The only negative is that the clubhouse is showing its age and doesn't appear to have been updated in a very long time if ever. However, the rear deck provides a great view overlooking the finishing holes and is a nice place to gather for a post-round beverage. A great overall experience and a must play when in the Indianapolis area.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round of us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Mike. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Bear Slide Golf Club thanks you!

Good

My only knock on this course was pace of play. There are a couple of choke points on the course, HOWEVER there were two rangers out there today pushing play and we played in just under 4 hours. I don’t expect guys to run to their ball but of you are a 30 handicapper 7 practice swings isn’t going to help.

Commented on 08/08/2020

Played under 4 hours and knocking pace of play? When the course is full? In a group of 4?

Commented on 08/06/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Bear Slide Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thanks for the review. When the pro shop reports rave reviews, what in you opinion gave the conditions a "good" so we can try to address and get that to "excellent" the next time?

Classy, above the average public course and well maintained.

Test your golf skills. A mistake costs you.
Rewards are good. Good men’s club and practice facilities.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear Slide Golf Club.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Thanks for the review. When the pro shop reports rave reviews, what in your opinion might we look into addressing to turn that "good" into "excellent" the next time?

Great golf course

I play Bear Slide 8 to 10 times a year. The course is always in great shape with excellent greens. It is challenging yet very playable and has resulted in some of my best and worst scores.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bear Slide Golf Club!

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Westfield, Indiana