Year Built 1946

Credit Cards Accepted None

Good Layout, Details Need a Little Work

Played Old Capital because of positive reviews here and elsewhere. Called late Saturday for a Sunday afternoon tee time. Pro shop offered discount rate normally only available online. We arrived shortly before tee time, paid for our round, and went right onto first tee. No range time to warm up, but range is irons only, very small. Course is well designed, with unique shots over a wide creek often part of play. Numerous holes with elevation changes as well. Having a course GPS unit helped, though yardage markings were present. Most fairways reasonably wide, with forgiving rough. A few holes were difficult with club selection, due to elevation or angled fairways off the tee. Most bunkers OK. Fairway and green conditions OK, but receive lots of play, and areas seemed worn.. Many tee boxes littered with tees, and cart paths were rough. . Pace of play on a Sunday afternoon fine for our foursome. Overall, a good course for locals, but not a bucket list or destination course.

Fun course for the money

This course has a very good variety of golf holes.
A number of holes play over and along side of Indian Creek. Being Bermuda, the fairways are not best until May. Greens are good. A good test for the average golfer from the white tees. Number 10 downhill with the 2nd shot over the creek is classic. I will always try to play this course at least 10 times a year.

bargain course

greens were fast but midway through the round all players had adjusted. Course needed to be watered especially in some dry areas on the fairway. Challenging approach shots and some challenging doglegs that required you to play something different other than a driver off the tee.

Great true putting greens

Fairways were pretty dry and brown due to lack of rain I assume. I've played this course before with much better fairways. Greens great as always.

nice layout and nice greens

First time playing course and was fortunate to join up with a threesome. Greens had just been aerated but had been dressed and pressed and were very fast. Had played Chariots Run the day before and greens at this course were even quicker. Enjoyed round and would recommend course for play.

Nice Greens!

I was very impressed with the condition of the course, considering the dry conditions of late. The greens were fast and smooth and the tee boxes and fairways were quite nice. I played from the tips and the course is a real challenge from these tees, especially the Par 3's.

Overall course condition was good. Fast greens which I like, only complaint would be the grass on the tee box's could be shorter. Hard to get tee right due to the thickness and height f the grass.

Fun layout

This course is worth the drive. Very fun layout with many elevation changes. The surroundings are nice and quiet with many mature trees. Staff was very friendly and helped pair me up with two members who provided local knowledge. I will definitely be back for several more rounds.

Commented on 08/31/2015

Nice, 5 star review! Thanks for playing at Old Capital! We're glad getting paired up with two members was helpful and made for a great round!

Excellent condition

Course in excellent condition. Greens very fast, but receptive to approach shots. Very enjoyable round.

Commented on 08/31/2015

Thanks for the nice review! We're glad you had a good round and overall nice experience out on the course, hope to see you again!

Improved conditions

Pleasantly surprised with course conditions. The grass on tee boxes could have been cut lower.

Commented on 08/28/2015

Thanks for your review of the course! We're glad the course conditions were good, we hope you come back again!

Nice place

Beautiful layout with creative design. Interesting tee shots allow for an enjoyable challenging round. You won't regret playing this course.

Commented on 08/28/2015

Thanks for the great review! So great to hear you enjoyed your round and overall experience at the course. Hope to see you soon!

This is one of the nicest courses in the area. Love the conditions and the layout. A++

Commented on 07/30/2015

Thank you for the nice review! So glad you enjoy the course and the layout. See you soon!

Old Cap

Overall great! Rain casual water was the only issue.

Commented on 07/14/2015

Thanks for the review! We've had a crazy amount of rain the past few weeks. Come back when it dries up!

Okay for the money

Lots of inexperienced players slowing gameplay plus fairways/sand bunkers poorly maintained. Took 6 hours to complete the 18 holes.

Commented on 07/14/2015

We're sorry that you had a slow group in front of you. We'd like to hear more about your experience - please email me directly at sierrateetimes@gmail.com.

Course

Older course.
Had some water issues from a heavy spring strom.
Had some challenging holes.

Commented on 06/04/2015

Come back this summer! You won't be disappointed!

It's getting better!

I've played this course a half dozen times and this was a little better than the past. They still have a problem with the first par 5 you get to starting from hole #1. I think there must be a natural spring under the rough between the 2 fairways? The greens all rolled nice and true.
They are working on some bunkers and who ever is doing the work? They know what they're doing. Can't wait to see them when they're done? The bunkers that were not being worked on where all playable!!!
I don't hangout in any club house, but theirs was fine.
I will return here a few more times this year.

Commented on 06/04/2015

Thank you for the review! We're glad you enjoyed the course and had a nice round. We've completed a lot of the work at the course so please come back soon!

Rough spring weather

Fairways, especially back nine, in poor shape. Greens good. Poor spring weather and I suspect some flooding has taken its toll. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Commented on 06/04/2015

Lots of flooding and a harsh winter gave us a ton of work to do this spring season! The greens and fairways are in great shape. Hope to see you soon!

Nice course under repair.

Course was nice, but there was a lot of construction going on around some of the holes. Staff was really friendly and nice. Greens were pretty fast and rough was not overly long. This will be a really nice course when all of the construction is finished. Look forward to playing this course again.

Commented on 06/04/2015

Thanks for the review! We have completed a lot of the maintenance and the course is in great shape! Hope to see you this summer!

Lots of potential

The course has lots of potential but outside of the greens and rough the course was in rough condition. The fairways and tee boxes were rough, I played winter rules. I think there may have been flooding issues in the winter, not sure as I was visiting the area. Still if they can get that under control I'd be willing to pay the full rate.

Commented on 06/04/2015

Hi there - thanks for the review and the feedback! We have done a ton of maintenance to the course and it is in great condition. We have a very harsh winter and battled a ton of flooding. Come back and see all the upgrades!

Flooded

Flooded course a week earlier. Gravel in the fairway. Hard to charge 30 dollars for no fairways and rough greens.

Commented on 04/16/2015

Hello! Unfortunately we do not have control over mother nature and had a pretty bad winter followed by flooding. We are working as quickly as possible to get the course in the best shape. The rate is $30 in the pro shop to show our golfers that booking online will save you time and money! We would like to offer a promo code so you can come back! Please email me directly at sierrateetimes@gmail.com!

New Salisbury, Indiana
New Albany, Indiana
2.5619529412
Brandenburg, Kentucky

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.