Type Private

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Playable, Enjoyable and in Excellent Shape

I was lucky enough to be in Evansville for a wedding that included a round of golf with a bunch of the guys on a Friday morning. This course, and the people who run it, are awesome.

The round started with a typical flying nightmare. I opened my golf travel bag to find that the airline had snapped the shaft of my driver right in half. The head pro, Mike, was quick to fit me with a Titelist 913 D2 for the day, a club which I liked so much that I had to go home with it. They took great care of us while we were there - Mike even drove a 6 pack out to us on the 1st hole, as it was 9am and we couldn't get one from the halfway house.

As for the course:

The track is somewhat short, which took my by surprise when I reviewed the scorecard in anticipation of the round. I dont love hitting driver / sand wedge all day, which is what I worried about going into the round. I was pleasantly surprised. The shorter holes are well protected, either by dog legs, trees that split the fairway, narrow landing areas or bunkers. There is a great amount of shot selection involved. The par 3s are on the short side as well but are all awesome. The greens were running really fast but the lines held true. The condition of the overall course was between good and excellent. They say the par 3 11th is the signature hole, but I really enjoyed the par 3 16th.

All in all, I loved the course, appreciated the staff, and, if given the opportunity to play here again, would do so in a heartbeat.

Big thank you to Mike and the staff for putting together such a wonderful day at Evansville CC.

Henderson, Kentucky