2.2

Type Public/Municipal
Style Traditional
Frankfort Commons Golf Course

Year Built 1926
Architect Charles Maddox (1926)

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times.

Do not honor Golf Now

I booked a tee time, showed up 10 early, and was told they “don’t see the Golf Now reservations” and “don’t have any carts”. Perfect. Whats the point of advertising on here then?

Great time

Had a great time playing a round with my son today. There was a lot of rain the night before but the course drained very well. The staff was very friendly and worked well to get us to get out on the course.

Great condition

The course was in great condition. A very good experience.

Great looking course that you really had to strategically plan how to play some of the holes. I’m not very accurate with my driver and with some of the holes I had to use an iron from the tee box. One of the older reviews I read about the course before I played talked about needing signs on the bridges to bring your driver and the course has taken care of that. My only complaint about the course is while I was waiting for the group in front of me, I was parked right next to my ball and one of the grounds keepers drove by with the jet blower and blew grass clippings all over me and my cart.

On the Rise

Course was in great shape for being early in the season. I played this course years ago and I thought it was taking a turn for the worst. You can tell they are putting a lot of effort into making this a great course and it is paying off. I would definitely recommend giving this place a try. Great practice facilities as well.

Nice test of golf

A course that is always fun to play, offers a variety of holes that will test your skills and always a great value.

close to home

Not bad if you get a deal on the price. Luckily it was not crowded on a Sunday morning

OK place to play

The former Frankfurt Country Club, now The Golf Preserve, is a short course, tricky and tight in a few spots (10 and 18), and is fairly priced at around $20 with a cart.

The greens were medium to medium-slow, but smooth and receptive. The fairways were shaggy and rough very long and thick, but that was likely thanks to a lot of rain in the past week. There was definitely a premium on hitting fairways with the rough so high, but I even caught a couple fliers from the fairways since they were more like light rough. Again, I give them a pass on that due to all the rain.

The Golf Preserve has a couple of salty par 3s from the back tees to keep it interesting. Very small greens all the way around require accuracy and good distance control with the short irons. The putting surfaces are fairly flat and easy to negotiate.

The Gold Preserve could stand to put up signs reminding players unfamiliar with the course to bring their drivers across the walking bridges that lead to greens and next-hole tees. This happens on two holes and nobody likes trudging back across the bridge to get the driver from the cart, then back across the bridge to the next tee, then back across the bridge to the cart. Signs would be an easy, cheap improvement.

This is not fancy golf by any stretch, but it is a sporty, small-town course that represents a decent value.

Short with fast greens

Overall, this is a nice course. The holes are pretty short in terms of lengths but the greens were extremely fast with a lot of curves. It seemed I was always having double breakers. I was surprised at how fast and hard the greens were since we have had a lot of rain recently. I worry the greens would be almost too hard to hold a ball on some of the longer par 3's. Off the tee, there isn't too much trouble as most of the time, the ball can be played if you have an errant tee shot. However, if you go left off the tee (I hardly ever do), it will play a lot more difficult for you as there are 4-5 holes where left is OB. The staff was extremely friendly and had no problem with me using the GolfNow website. I would definitely play again, in particular if I am looking to shoot a low round or am playing with someone who isn't all that good. It is a nice course for all ability levels.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

fun

This course has a lot of character. The creek is everywhere. Long par 3's. Challenging and fair course.

The front nine are in need of some help

I found the course to have "potential" and I do not know if it was all the rain we have had but it was very easy to lose balls just into the rough. The front nine is not as pleasant as the back nine. We found the back nine to have smoother fairways than the front nine.. The layout of the front nine was also more difficult.. Overall the course was worth playing once.. I would imagine that the course will settle down if it ever stops raining.

golf preserve

The golf course was in good condition. Greens were a little slower than I liked but seemed to putt fairly true. I thought some of the white tee markers should have been placed farther back as I hit a lot of driver/wedges on the par 4's. Overall I thought the course was what I expected. Will probably return sometime and play the blue tees.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

FAIR COURSE FROM PLAYING CORRECT TEES

PLAYED THERE MANY YEARS WHEN IT WAS FRANKFORT CC,GREENS STILL SMALL BUT IN VERY VERY GOOD PUTTING SHAPE,BUNKERS IN FAIR SHAPE AS WELL AS FAIRWAYS,LEAVES PLAY A ROLL, IN FALL FINDING BALL, HIT JUST A LITTLE OF LINE AND GETTING GREENS CLEAR TO PUTT. COULD USE A FEW MORE YARDAGE MARKERS OR GPS TO HELP SPEED PLAY. GOOD 35.00 WKEND COURSE.

Great Value and phenominal staff!!!

course was in great shape and the pro shop staff got us on immediately and pace of play was great. i highly recommend this course to the average foursome looking to have a great round

Frankfort, Indiana