Frankfort Commons Golf Course

Type Public/Municipal
Style Traditional
Frankfort Commons Golf Course
Scorecard for Frankfort Commons Golf Course
Blue M: 70.5/133 353 185 485 369 383 359 175 379 395 3083 375 378 547 223 366 528 331 164 321 3233 6316
White M: 68.5/129 337 169 477 358 369 334 157 367 391 2959 360 351 542 180 355 482 317 145 316 3048 6007
Black M: 66.2/120 316 153 439 310 321 311 144 311 350 2655 347 341 477 165 317 407 308 135 305 2802 5457
Red W: 69.4/121 269 148 439 275 321 270 102 286 390 2500 337 298 411 112 311 397 298 127 297 2588 5088

Year Built 1926
Architect Charles Maddox (1926)

Dress code Shirts must be worn at all times.

Great time

Had a great time playing a round with my son today. There was a lot of rain the night before but the course drained very well. The staff was very friendly and worked well to get us to get out on the course.

Great condition

The course was in great condition. A very good experience.

Great looking course that you really had to strategically plan how to play some of the holes. I’m not very accurate with my driver and with some of the holes I had to use an iron from the tee box. One of the older reviews I read about the course before I played talked about needing signs on the bridges to bring your driver and the course has taken care of that. My only complaint about the course is while I was waiting for the group in front of me, I was parked right next to my ball and one of the grounds keepers drove by with the jet blower and blew grass clippings all over me and my cart.

On the Rise

Course was in great shape for being early in the season. I played this course years ago and I thought it was taking a turn for the worst. You can tell they are putting a lot of effort into making this a great course and it is paying off. I would definitely recommend giving this place a try. Great practice facilities as well.

Nice test of golf

A course that is always fun to play, offers a variety of holes that will test your skills and always a great value.

close to home

Not bad if you get a deal on the price. Luckily it was not crowded on a Sunday morning

OK place to play

The former Frankfurt Country Club, now The Golf Preserve, is a short course, tricky and tight in a few spots (10 and 18), and is fairly priced at around $20 with a cart.

The greens were medium to medium-slow, but smooth and receptive. The fairways were shaggy and rough very long and thick, but that was likely thanks to a lot of rain in the past week. There was definitely a premium on hitting fairways with the rough so high, but I even caught a couple fliers from the fairways since they were more like light rough. Again, I give them a pass on that due to all the rain.

The Golf Preserve has a couple of salty par 3s from the back tees to keep it interesting. Very small greens all the way around require accuracy and good distance control with the short irons. The putting surfaces are fairly flat and easy to negotiate.

The Gold Preserve could stand to put up signs reminding players unfamiliar with the course to bring their drivers across the walking bridges that lead to greens and next-hole tees. This happens on two holes and nobody likes trudging back across the bridge to get the driver from the cart, then back across the bridge to the next tee, then back across the bridge to the cart. Signs would be an easy, cheap improvement.

This is not fancy golf by any stretch, but it is a sporty, small-town course that represents a decent value.

Short with fast greens

Overall, this is a nice course. The holes are pretty short in terms of lengths but the greens were extremely fast with a lot of curves. It seemed I was always having double breakers. I was surprised at how fast and hard the greens were since we have had a lot of rain recently. I worry the greens would be almost too hard to hold a ball on some of the longer par 3's. Off the tee, there isn't too much trouble as most of the time, the ball can be played if you have an errant tee shot. However, if you go left off the tee (I hardly ever do), it will play a lot more difficult for you as there are 4-5 holes where left is OB. The staff was extremely friendly and had no problem with me using the GolfNow website. I would definitely play again, in particular if I am looking to shoot a low round or am playing with someone who isn't all that good. It is a nice course for all ability levels.

fun

This course has a lot of character. The creek is everywhere. Long par 3's. Challenging and fair course.

The front nine are in need of some help

I found the course to have "potential" and I do not know if it was all the rain we have had but it was very easy to lose balls just into the rough. The front nine is not as pleasant as the back nine. We found the back nine to have smoother fairways than the front nine.. The layout of the front nine was also more difficult.. Overall the course was worth playing once.. I would imagine that the course will settle down if it ever stops raining.

golf preserve

The golf course was in good condition. Greens were a little slower than I liked but seemed to putt fairly true. I thought some of the white tee markers should have been placed farther back as I hit a lot of driver/wedges on the par 4's. Overall I thought the course was what I expected. Will probably return sometime and play the blue tees.

FAIR COURSE FROM PLAYING CORRECT TEES

PLAYED THERE MANY YEARS WHEN IT WAS FRANKFORT CC,GREENS STILL SMALL BUT IN VERY VERY GOOD PUTTING SHAPE,BUNKERS IN FAIR SHAPE AS WELL AS FAIRWAYS,LEAVES PLAY A ROLL, IN FALL FINDING BALL, HIT JUST A LITTLE OF LINE AND GETTING GREENS CLEAR TO PUTT. COULD USE A FEW MORE YARDAGE MARKERS OR GPS TO HELP SPEED PLAY. GOOD 35.00 WKEND COURSE.

Great Value and phenominal staff!!!

course was in great shape and the pro shop staff got us on immediately and pace of play was great. i highly recommend this course to the average foursome looking to have a great round

Frankfort, Indiana
Rossville, Indiana
Tipton, Indiana
Crawfordsville, Indiana
Zionsville, Indiana

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!