The Fort Golf Resort

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1998) Tim Liddy (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Shirts must have collars. Tank tops, t-shirts, cut-offs, and athletic shorts are not permitted.

Snacks

Lodging

Lodging Available

Clubhouse

Called off course early

Love playing this course, but have never been told by staff that we couldn't finish the round. We were on 16 when some guy drives up on a cart and tells us that 17 is our last hole for the day. Mind you we teed off at 3:20 pm and there was plenty of light left to complete the round. I would think that staff would've said something to us at check-in, but nope. I had brought a guest and it was his first experience playing the course. Needless to say, it left a bad impression on him. I'm not happy with not being able to finish up with only two holes left and plenty of daylight available. Will think twice before booking tee time here again.

5 Star course, 3 Star experience

The course is awesome and maintained in really great shape. A lot of terrain changes and shot shaping opportunities on this non-typical Indianapolis course. Their layout creates a lot of walking/backtracking from parking to clubhouse to cart drop off. Seems poorly thought out. And if you play afternoon/evening, don't plan on getting in 18. We played 13 holes in two hours, then ran into a logjam of 2-some after 2-some that forced us to quit. No ranger enforcing pace of play. And the snack stand closed before 6:pm with the attendant and starter still there, but the wouldn't sell us anything to drink or eat at the turn, citing they were closed. Offered us the water fountain inside by the bathroom. For the price you pay, they lack in customer experience.

Commented on 09/18/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great first round

The course is beautiful and interesting to play. Challenging but fun if you shoot in the 90s

Commented on 09/18/2020

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort.

love The Fort...but...

I have always considered The Fort one of my favorites around (Fishers).great layout, course in good condition with the exception of the bunkers which are not well kept at all (we dropped many out due to poor conditions). Beautiful day and I will come back, please groom the bunkers and leave rakes for those to rake up after shots.
thanks

Commented on 09/18/2020

Great course and layout. One poor member of staff.

Played with a threesome on a Sunday evening. Course added a single walker with us, no big deal. Course was obviously busy for the weekend, though we still got through the front nine in under 2 hours. Back nine was a different story. Waited nearly 5 minutes on every tee box for those in front of us. Somehow an extra group of two snuck in between us and the foursome a head, making wait time even longer. Course staff member then drove out to us as we were finishing the 18th hole and told us we were holding up play and to hurry it up. Number one, very uncalled for as we were literally 150 yards out on the last hole. Additionally, they clearly didn’t pay much attention to what was going on out on the course as we were stuck waiting the entire back nine. Unfortunate situation on what was otherwise a beautiful day on a very fun course.

Commented on 09/03/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Fort Golf Resort. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/28/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Fort Golf Resort. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

The Fort - 8/25/2020

This is a most enjoyable course to play. Each hole has it’s own vista, and allow the player to focus on the hole in they are playing. Nice large greens putted a bit slower than I expected, but given the heat of this season, it is understandable to keep them alive and well. I particularly enjoyed that last two holes. Suitable to the eye, but difficult to par nonetheless. I could play this course every day and never tire of it!

Commented on 08/26/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Fort Golf Resort thanks you!

But those greens.

The fort is a great course and I always enjoy rounds here, but the greens have been really beat up compared to other area courses at similar or even lower price points. There are always several putts per round that do not roll true. A lot of the greens are shaded which I think makes them more difficult to maintain. At this price point I hope they would be able find a way to firm up and dry out the greens.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Wolverine on Hoosier

It was raining on the morning but even with a little rain this course was amazing.. The elevation changes were quite Un expected based on where it's located. It has a lot of history behind it and was a wonderful experience. It's a challenging course which makes it even better. I will play it again when I Co.e back to ithe area. I can say enough about the course and the people working ther. I even had some of the grounds people help find one of my balls. If you get the chance to ay here take it you won't regret it!

Commented on 08/20/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Dwayne! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at The Fort Golf Resort and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Pete Dye Classic

Played here for the last 20 years and it never disappoints. 5 stars!!

Commented on 08/17/2020

Commented on 08/10/2020

Indiana Gem

My favorite Indianapolis course and in my top 3 in the state. Every hole is scenic and challenging. Many holes have major elevation changes with carries over picturesque valleys & ravines. I have played when the course was in immaculate condition however, during this visit, several days of heavy rains caused very wet conditions. The staff is extremely friendly and professional. The lunch out on the patio provided spectacular views of the course. The food was delicious with very reasonable prices. I do not live locally but this is a must play whenever I am in the area. A five star experience.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your visit! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort.

Gem

I forget about this course. EverytimevI walk off I tell myself I should play it more. Great layout because of the trees and a couple rolling fairways. Rare for Indiana.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Fort Golf Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Challenging

Course in great shape! Great challenge for me from the blue tees for a 12 handicapper. The course won today!

Commented on 07/27/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon. The Fort Golf Resort thanks you!

Another Pete Dye gem

People in the Indianapolis area must feel spoiled rotten to have not one but two spectacular courses designed by one of golfs greatest course architects. Quality wise The Fort is every bit the equal of Brickyard Crossing, but it’s the stunning scenery (particularly on the front nine) that puts it slightly ahead in my book (in agreement with golf.com’s 2016 rankings). I waited four years to finally play The Fort. I won’t be waiting four years til the next time I play it.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Kevin! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to having you back in the future. The Fort Golf Resort thanks you!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Book a 3 night stay & play package at Indian Wells Golf Resort, and receive your 4th night free! Experience the best of Southern California with a custom experience at Indian Wells.