The Fort Golf Resort

Year Built 1997
Architect Pete Dye (1998) Tim Liddy (1998)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Shirts must have collars. Tank tops, t-shirts, cut-offs, and athletic shorts are not permitted.

Great Layout

I love that this course gives you options on playing a hole. It also is “what you see - is what you get. There are no “trick holes” or blind hazards.

Commented on 11/21/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort!

one of Indianapolis finest

The course plays very challenging always in great condition

Commented on 11/21/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back The Fort Golf Resort!

Great course, awful course management

Foursome behind us repeatedly hit up on us, even with the Ranger sitting there. 8some in front of us (really) backed up play. Ridiculous.

Commented on 10/21/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Fort Golf Resort. We hope to see you again soon!

It’s fall golf I guess.

Really wish we would’ve been warned about 14 of the greens being punched. And the other 4 were just terrible. The bunkers hadn’t been worked up in weeks. The staff is down right hateful can’t stand even talking to them. I usually love the Fort but today just made me not want to come back.

Commented on 10/15/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back! Thanks for visiting us at The Fort Golf Resort!

A great course in the heart of Indianapolis !

This is favorite course like no other in Indianapolis.
No two holes are similar. All different and challenging.
Up hill,downhill,short.long and with all the hazards you want!
It however is a pricy course to play.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for the kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another great round! The Fort Golf Resort thanks you!

Great Layout

Wonderful course. Hard to believe it is located in Indy. Rolling Hills, no homes on course, inside state park. Lots of sand. It can play short but you need to be accurate. Just need a better clubhouse/bar area.

Commented on 10/07/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Fort Golf Resort!

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi! Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at The Fort Golf Resort and hope you'll come see us again soon for another round!

New favorite course

This has to be the most beautiful course in Indiana. The course layout was fantastic. Every hole we came to spectacular. The greens were very undulating but putted true. We saw 4 deer in the round.

Commented on 09/27/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Ken! We will pass along your feedback to the teams in charge so that they know their hard work is paying off! Thanks for visiting The Fort Golf Resort! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Indy Advisor

Indy's Enigma

The fort is without a shadow of a doubt the best layout in the city of Indianapolis, and a must play for anyone in the circle city area. The elevation changes, natural beauty and state park feel are something that cannot be replicated anywhere else I have ever played golf. I love this course, and I will continue to play it for years to come.

The pace of play is brutal each time I play the course. It is always a 5+ hour round without any rangers to be found. This is my one consistent gripe about the course, and I do believe it hurts business there. I would recommend that golfers prepare for 5 hour rounds even on a weekday twilight. The course was in decent shape for the time of the year, but the greens were smashed. The fort is worth a go if you are in the area!

Indy Advisor

Going Downhill

Updating my earlier reviews, I was very disappointed in my round today at The Fort. The conditions are deteriorating, with many bare spots all over, thin sand, and what appears to be fungus/disease on nearly all the greens which is causing it to die in large spots. The course gets a ton of play all year, so add the pock marks and unfixed divots and it is getting in very rough shape here at the end of the season, especially for the price point.

The other part that ruined all the fun was the 5 hour death march it became (on a Tuesday in Sept), was the players behind us hitting into us constantly on the back 9 when we had no where to go. No sign of any rangers or anything to do something about it other than to scream, which didn't help. So remember to bring a batting helmet during peak times. And while I've had slow rounds there before (it has that reputation) this was the worst its been, while waiting and ducking.

I'll go back in the future because I enjoy the layout, but between the slow play, deteriorating conditions, and price tag I'm going to wait until next year.

Commented on 09/27/2019

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We are sorry to see your experience was anything less than 5-stars. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note with the teams in charge so that they can work to make changes. We hope to see you back again at The Fort Golf Resort!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at The Fort Golf Resort and hope you'll come see us again soon!

a must play course in indy

love playing the Fort every time I drive through Indy...great layout...wonderful conditions...priendly staff...and..we caught a very nice day with hardly anyone on the course....have played there several times and will continue to make it our first choice for indy golf

This course = buckets

Pete Dye with another excellent course.
A lot to like about this one. Well maintained, great layout, greens roll true, and some really beautiful holes tucked away in the hills of Fort Bend State Park.
What this course lacks in water hazards, it makes up for with tough, narrow fairways that you MUST hit. Don’t be afraid to club down and use your fairway finder, you’ll be grateful. Driver isn’t always the best play off the tee. Holes 4-6 are a great stretch and challenge you with different tiers from tee to fairway and fairway to green. Hole 18 is a beautiful finisher.
Only negatives are that it can be a bit pricey on the weekend or prime hours. But if you can find a hot deal for under $50, snatch it and run.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating and review, John! We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at The Fort Golf Resort so that they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to seeing you again soon for another excellent experience!

Beautiful Fall Round

i believe the course was in the best condition I have ever seen. The trees are just starting to change color and the fairways and greens are in near perfect condition and bright green. The course was its usual self tough but fair.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for the 5-star rating and review! We will pass along your feedback to the teams in charge so that they know their hard work is paying off! We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Fort Golf Resort!

Slipping

While still a very nice layout, The Fort seems to be losing something. Several of the greens were in rough shape. Several foursomes were let out just in front of us at the turn. Still a nice tough course but no longer feels premium. Staff was very friendly.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Hi, Phil. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! Thank you for the four stars! We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Fort Golf Resort! We hope to see you out on the course again soon!

Great day of golf

Enjoyed my round at The Fort, today. Paired up with 3 good guys, including a volunteer worker of the course named Mike, that made the round enjoyable. The course conditions could have been a little better with a few of the greens being a bit beat up. The weather was sunny with a 2-3 club wind which made the course very challenging. All things considered, the course is one one the best options in Indy and I will continue to play.

Commented on 08/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Fort Golf Resort! We hope to see you again soon!

Great all around!

The Fort is always top notch! Fantastic layout and designed by the best. Staff is super friendly and worked with us to accommodate. Highly recommended!

Commented on 08/23/2019

Aaron, thank you for your kind words! The team here is thrilled with your review and your feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Fort Golf Resort.

Greens are in rough shape...

Layout is great as well as views however the greens are terrible, terrible! Speed is fine. You can tell no one fixes there divots there! Other than that it’s worth the visit..

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at The Fort Golf Resort!

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
3.2820705882
Fishers, Indiana

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.