1 reviews

Shadowood Golf Course

Year Built 1976

Carts Yes - $16

Not friendly to Golfnow

This course is not friendly/accommodating to Golfnow golfers. If you arrive early they make you wait for your tee time even if there is no one there. They claim they are making you wait on the chance that someone will come in a pay the rack rate for a time in front of yours. Just know this before you book a time there.

One of the best courses around!

Excellent course! Fun, challenging layout with slick greens. One of the best Hot Deals you will find. Only minor issue is the course won't let you go earlier than your tee time regardless if the course is empty. The only course I have played using golfnow that does this. So if you book thru golfnow, don't get there too early or you'll sit and wait.

Was told golf now shouldnt have sold the tee time and i had.less than 3 hours to be off the course, because of leagues.. Course was in the worst shape ive ever seen it. Then top it off got behind a group of 5, since when is this acceptable?

Fairways & greens are in great shape . Looking forward to playing it again.

Not a happy place to work!

Great course, staff was very grumpy and unfriendly, maybe had a bad day.

Commented on 04/06/2019

It appears nothing has changed with the staff. I have played here several times over the years using both golfnow and also paying the regular rates and I've never seen more rude staff at any golf course in my life. I love the course so I'll play a couple times a year but, I'll be very eager to just give them my money and get out of the pro-shop and on the course! I'ts a shame that this amazing course treats it's customers this way.

Nice value for December golf.

We played on a very windy early December day. First day over 60 degrees in a very long time (we drove 3:30 from Michigan to play in warmer weather). When we arrived we were informed of cart path only (which to be expected after a hard freeze and thaw recently).

Pace of play was a little slower than I like due to cart path only and the skill levels of the golfers in front of us were at a beginner level (no fault of course), but we still squeezed in round.

The layout was a little odd in that on several holes the routing went back and forth and on a couple of occasions people from adjoining holes were hitting into same landing area so I wouldn’t be surprised if folks were hit during play from other golfers. As windy as it was today you might not be able to hear “fore” so it felt a little dangerous.

All of the bunkers still had an adaquate amount of rakes (which unusual for many courses in the winter season), the greens rolled very true and the day we played everyone was making sure they did a nice job fixing pitch marks so we still had pleasant round. Tee boxes were also well maintained and in great shape.

I was expecting a more “wide open” course but they fit 18 holes in a fairly small plot of land.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming and even though we bought an online “hot deal” and we felt like they appreciated our business.

Thanks for a nice day of December golf!

Course in great shape. Greens,fairways,sand traps, all excellent. Will play again soon .

Review of Shadowood Golf Course

The course was in great shape and not too busy on this day. We enjoyed our day at Shadowood.

I recently played this course and had an interesting experience. The course wasn't in the greatest shape. The greens were the best part of the course. Most holes were bumpy and the fairways were trash. However, the overall condition of the course wasn't the worst I've played on. The clubhouse staff, specifically Ryan Myer provided the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I would not recommend Shadowood to anyone because of my experience. I felt like an inconvenience and I was not respected as a customer/golfer. I will not be playing this course again. I will spend my $10 somewhere else.

warm winter day

highly recommend this course. Although the fairway grass has not recuperated from winter kill it still is very playable. After all the previous wknd rain the course was still fairly dry even if it was cart path only . Still we moved along pretty well. I had a shaft pulled at the pro shop and couldn't be more satisfied, was going to do it while we played but had it done before we left the practice green. Outstand service. Play this course if you get a chance.

punx lied

Feb 20 and eighty in Indiana , and the course was drier than I expected it would be for this time of the year. It was in really good shape, greens were fine , could drive in the rough, all in all a great outing. Will definitely be back next good opportunity.

Review of Shadowood Golf Course.

We enjoyed our golf at Shadowood G. C. The course was in fine shape for the time of year.

c3b8c30b-2412-579a-916a-ac4be48faa98
Commented on 12/25/2017

Thank you, glad you had a good time. Hope to see you back soon.

decent course/sub par service

this is a really enjoyable and some what challenging course. greens are fast and in great shape. fairways are dormant, but still very playable. staff in pro shop are somewhat unfriendly to those that book online. aside from that, quite a pleasurable afternoon of golf.

Nice course, but.....

I do like Shadowood. It can be difficult if you get into one of the many greenside or fairway bunkers. Greens rolled very nice for winter. The tee beds are in great condition for November.
GolfNow offers 2 Hot Deals for this course, one a 9:00am and the other at 9:07am. On this November morning in Indiana, at 8:30, it was 45 and a forecast high of 60. There were 6 different groups, waiting for the proshop to open @ 9:30. We did get out, and played in 3 1/2 hrs.

c3b8c30b-2412-579a-916a-ac4be48faa98
Commented on 10/13/2015

Thank you Troy for your comments. Very sorry you had to wait for your tee time but in the off season we do not open until 10AM. There must have been some confusion on GOLFNOWs part. Hope to see you soon!

Saturday 10/25/14

Shadowood is a nice course to play. Took my wife, and that made it a little patience tester for me but overall it was a good morning. Course is in good shape

Seymour, Indiana
North Vernon, Indiana
Brownstown, Indiana
Scottsburg, Indiana

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.