Type Resort/Public

Year Built 1993
Architect Pete Dye (1993) Alice Dye (1993)

A must play in Indy

An amazing course that should be on your bucket list if you ever are in Indy. I've always wanted to play the Brickyard and finally did so in a memorable round.

Had a little trouble finding where to check in but was impressed by how nice the staff was. The course was crowded but that was expected on a warm and sunny Saturday. The first memorable hole was the par 3 fourth, which had a nice view from the tee.

Heading into the holes inside IMS was an incredible experience and so cool to emerge from the tunnel and heading to the tee box at 7. As we were teeing it up there, I thought to myself "This is so cool." The other three holes inside the racetrack were fun to play. Was almost disappointed to finish at 10 and head back to the rest of the course outside the track. A fun round capped finishing up by the big white barn off to the left of 18. The course was in excellent shape and a typical Pete Dye course.

At the end of the round, we went back into the pro shop to buy some gear. The staff thanked us for playing the course and for purchasing merchandise. Truly friendly group working in there.

The LPGA has a tournament there in the fall and I look forward to watching the ladies play a course I had an enjoyable round on with my group. A little pricey but well worth it. I would like to play it again soon if I'm back in Indy. Highly recommend the Brickyard Crossings!

Great Value

Course is in great condition except a few bunkers with ground under repair but did not take anything away from play. Manageable layout but as any Pete Dye course can be penalizing but still fun. Cost is a bit on the high side but worth it. The only negative was playing as a twosome 1100 Saturday the round took longer than would have liked. Will not hesitate to play again.

military discount

I ask the person at the club house if they had a military discount his response to me was why would we. My answer to that question is to look at what all the military does for them during the races with the fly overs and other things that are done. They try to make it look on tv that they are all about the military but to receive the response of why would we truly made me upset. I would have happily accepted no sorry we dont. I have not played the course since that day and honestly dont plan to again. Just for informative value I played there three times last year and have once this year

If you pass up the chance to play this course you are an idion

This course was well worth the ten hour drive. I thought the $110 fee was a bit steep at first, but it was worth every penny.

I found that the greens were very challenging.

Indy Advisor

Its the Brickyard

What a pleasure to finally get to play the course inside IMS. I have wanted to play the course as long as I can remember, and i finally got the chance this spring. The course is Pete Dye at this best. There were ribbon greens and collection areas everywhere. The holes inside the track were really cool to play, and I think anyone coming to Indy should give it a go. I will add this course into my rotation, but the $110 rack rate is a bit steep to play often. Course conditions were solid considering it was early spring. Will be back to see it in full force this summer.

This is a great course. It was in good shape and the course it self is a great layout. I don't want to call it a hidden gem because everyone knows about it but it cannot be said enough... it is a must play.

Worth the green fees

Pros:
- beautiful course that's in great condition
- 4 of the holes are in the middle of the Indy Speedway
- fairways and greens were in great shape
- difficult greens with lots of trouble around the greens
- rental clubs were full set of 2018 Taylor Made M4s
- GPS on cards
- Nice driving range
- Friendly staff

Cons:
- somewhat high on the cost side but worth the price
- service at the bar upstairs was a little slow

An Adventure Golf Course

I would say the nicest golf course in the area. I would play this golf course again and again. Highly recommended...

Indiana Advisor

Great spring conditions

I've ben here 3x now in the last few months, i always look forward to playing here. Got to play an outing today, course was in great shape. I was here in March & the Oct. punch on the greens was still around, but today they were great. We had postcard weather.

We haven't had a lot of rain, so you could tell conditions were a little firmer & fast (which I enjoy). Was surprised by a few employees harping on us for briefly leaving the cart path a few times, as if heading over a very dry hill to drive around people was going to do damage. (A bit much).

Grass is always consistent out here, today no exception. I would put the par 3s here up against any course in the area. I dig the volcano green inside the track and even from white tees, all of them play tough.

Course is doing some renovating, fixing creek area on 15, 17, adding in some stacked sod bunkers (10, 14) which is looking pretty cool. I like how Pete messes with the player off the tee; you'll find out you have room to drive the ball when you get out to fairway.

Very reccomendable facility, one of my favorite in the area.

Indiana Advisor

Great day at the Brickyard (Usually is)

Played Sat morning at 1030a, was just about perfect weather. I usually get our here once a year or so, and this was very much as expected. Course was in great shape (it's fall, so punched greens were in play. Front 9 was punched recently, back 9 was a few weeks ago). Tee boxes, fairways, rough, greens and sand were all top notch. Rough is usually long, so 6in of Bluegrass in some areas made for some punch-out salvages. I hit waaay too many bunkers on the front 9, and can testify they were in pretty good shape. (There were obvious places were golfers hadn't raked. Somewhat surprising at this price point, you'd expect the field to be more aware of etiquette). Pace was just ok - we had groups in front us all day and they played pretty quick. But...

We had two groups behind us that seemed to flex between playing as an 8-some and splitting up. Then they started hitting into our group. As in hitting into fairways we were still playing, then hitting into greens we were walking on (rolled into one our putters). Not only dangerous due to flying golf balls, but getting close to flying punches. We had to call the pro shop and get personnel on site to avoid conflict. We learned this was a "bachelor party" - clearly they were partying already. I've been to bachelor parties, some including golf; never decided to be RichardHeads for no reason to strangers. Un-excusable. Staff held the little boys back a full hole in timeout (I'm sure the rest of field wasn't thrilled) and we finished the course's great last 6 holes in peace.

Great Fall day, they were testing Mazda's on the road track, so we got serenaded by raw engine power for a big part of the day. Pete put some railroad ties on this one, and built some nice elevation changes on a few holes (fond of the fall-off areas on this course). Course has a few strategically placed bunkers and water hazards, requiring you to shape a good shot to get a good look. The home holes played into a 1-2 club wind, so that does make them a little more interesting! (I'm talking about you Hole 17...).

I always enjoy my time at the course, it's one of the state's best. Conditions being so consistent means you know what you're paying for. Too bad about the clowns behind us, but discounting that trash makes for a great time.

Cool experience and really solid course

The course on its own is 4 stars, then add the Speedway and that's half a star. Hitting shots with that background is spectacular. One hole even plays up to the back of the bleachers so you could bounce it off the concrete bleachers and stay in the fairway!
Each hole is fun and really solid with subtle turns and elevation. It's a great round of golf, plus several holes in and along the Speedway.

Indy Advisor

Lives Up to Reputation

Was lucky enough to play Brickyard, and am looking forward to returning for another challenge. The course has all the traditional Dye characteristics of undulating greens, paneled sand traps, and deep chipping areas. It is in immaculate shape, and lives up to the reputation its earned as one of the top public courses in the state. The final stretch of holes will test your game after a tough round.

The price is a premium, and you're paying somewhat for the novelty of playing inside the race track. It is pretty cool when you drive under to play the 4 holes within the walls of the speedway. It's unreal how expansive IMS is. The staff was a bit snooty, honestly, and could've used a smile or something to calm down a bit. Otherwise, it's a memorable experience and one you have to try at least once, even at full freight, if you're in the Indy area.

Great place to play in May

How could you not want to play the Brickyard in May? The cars are out on the track qualifying an your can feel it running through your body getting you revved up. The course conditions are great but it would be nice if they could catch the grass they cut in the rough. Wayyyy too much grass on your spikes you have to clean after each shot. The bunkers are great to hit out of an the fairways; the rough was thick and tough to advance in most spots if you find it. The greens could use a touch more speed as they ran a little slow where speeds weren't an issue. The layout is fantastic and the undulations of the greens and fairways add a nice touch.

Great experience

This is a wonderful golf course. The layout is very challenging and beautiful.

Championship Course

I have played courses that hosted PGA events and overseas courses that are annual stops on the European tour and the condition of this course is just as good if not better. Absolutely beautiful, smooth fairways and greens! The course is also pretty challenging with big but difficult greens, strategically placed hills and deep bunkers, drop offs, creeks, and lakes. Some of the holes are reminiscent of other masterpieces of Dye's like hole 11...you'll swear it is the 18th at Sawgrass. Being around and in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (4 holes are in the infield), made the experience even better. The staff was friendly and the GPS-equipped carts made sure for an accurate, enjoyable day. We did wait a minute or two on the group in front of us each hole, but for a Sunday morning with a full course, the marshall's did a pretty good job making sure things moved along...they even asked if we'd like them to go tell the group in front of us to speed up or to let us play through. All in all, definitely worth the $100/round...I am very glad I got a chance to mark this course off the golf bucket list and would like to play it again

DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY!!!!

Brickyard trades on the name. The golfers we encountered along with the staff very rude. Self entitled comes to mind. RUDE. Very very short. Driver wedge all day over 5 hours to play. The starter stacks you up every 5 minutes its a joke. Front 9 is bland. Back is ok, Was in nice condition but its driver wedge all day and a very long day. Play the Fort or Eagle Creek Sycamore is far harder.

Terrific

This is a great course. A Pete Dye redo with 4 holes inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Generous fairways and big but difficult greens. A good test from all sets of tees. The last 4 holes are very difficult with a creek being a real problem. #15 is as good of a par 5 as you will ever see. Put it on a lake or ocean, and it would be a classic.

Amazing Experience!!!!

Treat yourself to this Gem!!! Pristine conditions, fantastic layout, and the history of the Indy 500 echoing across the fairways! Shoot even par on the four holes inside the track and enjoy a golf experience of a lifetime! Unbelievable that a course of this caliber is smack dab in the middle of city streets!!! A real treat... I'll be back!

Very fun and challenging course with special feel to it

The course has some holes inside the Indy track. The first is a par 3 that was very challenging, yet fair. The fairways were generous and the greens fast and well maintained. A very good course and well worth the money. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly.

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.