Sugar Ridge Golf Club

One half of Sugar Ridge Golf Club is situated in extreme southwestern Ohio while the other half winds up into the Indiana hills. The border location may be unconventional but the setting provides a dramatic backdrop. The course sprawls across rolling hills that are abundant with wildlife. Wild turkey and deer have been known to roam the golf course. The layout has a few parallel fairways though the trees, and hills give each hole a completely secluded feel. The back nine feels more open than the front, but that may only be because of the ponds and lakes that come into play on many of the holes. Throughout Sugar Ridge Golf Club, golfers will find that the par 3s are fairly straightforward and the par 5s have sloping, uphill fairways that make them feel even longer. There are a few memorable par 4s, notable for both their scenery and level of difficulty.
Sugar Ridge Golf Club
Scorecard for Sugar Ridge #1
Black M: 68.9/123 408 340 287 530 170 270 600 200 510 3315 155 287 398 340 375 158 365 510 170 2758 6073
Blue M: 66.7/119 384 324 280 495 150 256 540 165 474 3068 145 265 350 318 350 130 332 470 135 2495 5563
White M: 64.3/109 W: 64.3/109 343 312 270 471 110 233 495 150 450 2834 125 235 330 288 336 110 310 435 110 2279 5113
Red W: 63.4/100 304 185 200 380 95 205 366 120 360 2215 115 194 248 232 255 80 194 364 85 1767 3982

Year Built 1995
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Architect Brian Huntley

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared Shirt Required.

Sugar Ridge

I normally play this course 4 or 5 times a year. Course offers great vistas of the Indiana countryside and wildlife misrepresenting some unique challenges. Course not overwhelming for a high handicapper like myself. In what has been a tough year for local courses due to extreme weather they have managed to stay very playable. Several course improvements in progress on upgrading cart paths. Nearby housing construction leads to a little extra navigation between a few holes. Great rates available thru course site and golf apps.

Good value course!

Great value course. Fun course. I play hear pretty often

Really like playing this course this particular day saying to me they had looked way too many to close we waited 10 minutes on every hole to tee off but still was a fun day

Wet

The greens were heavy with do and they did not have them cleaned off. But the golf course was in pretty good condition for all the rain

Course in best shape

Course was in best shape I’ve seen in a long time. Rough was under control, greens good shape and speed too. Enjoy golf a lot more out here when it’s in this condition.

It’s a decent course

It’s got some nice holes, some stupid holes. Rough was so high could barely find your ball let alone attempt to hit it. But for hot deal can’t beat it.

Fun Course, Unique holes

Always fun playing a course that contains many hole layouts that are unique. Many fun holes and friendly at the clubhouse

Don't believe the reviews. Worth the money!

This was a very nice and challenging golf course. There is a lot of different holes that will challenge golfers of many different skill levels. There were opportunities for the course to be in better condition but it was not horrible for all of the rain this spring. Would definitely come back.

What happen to surgar ridge

Surgar ridge was a nice course an greens were slick but this course has been let go then no fairways greens bad no grass wow what a shame I will not be backlooks like there going out of business

I’ve played worse..

I’ll set the scene. Late October, hours before rain was going to hit, and I just wanted to get a quick round in after work. Sugar Ridge is only 15 minutes from my house, so that was my choice. There was no one on the course, and I play pretty quickly anyways, but I was able to play the full 18 in 2:15. That was about the only positive.

The negatives? 1. The greens were very long. 2. The teeboxes were overgrown and full of divots. 3. The fairways were awful mainly because they were burnt out, but just about every fairway had an area that was under repair. 4. The course was soaking wet, but it hadn’t rained in almost a week. 5. The cart I had was struggling to make it up some of the hills on the course. And 6. There were more potholes on the cart path than I care to count.

It’s a shame too because the course could be super nice, and I understand that it’s late October, but it was brutal this time.

It's all about the greens

I have played this course a number of times over the years but the greens this time where in bad shape. To make matter worse, there were a dozen ball marks that needed to be repaired on each green. They need to tell every customer when they check in to repair their ball marks. The rough was also extremely long which caused a few lost balls right off the fairway.

staff extremely rude pace of golf slow greens most of the time too hard and again one of the staff person was super rude I will not be coming back again for a long time

they lost my business and I use to play 3 times a month there and I would spend 20 to 50 dollars every time I was there now I recommend you to try Dearborn golf club first or shawnee lookout they are a better golf course better price and more frienly people

Sweet course

4 time I played an each time I go back conditions just keep getting better I played when they were working everywhere clearing brush and cutting out trees. nice fairways greens will get there soon this will be a 50$ course when they get finished shot a 85 weekend golfer I live in HVL so 5 min for Not level hit to areas that u can get a flat area great job by managers this course was let go but I love it now thank you Scott Butler

Even better than the first time.

The first time I played there , a tournament was going on which slowed the pace down big time. Second time it was wide open . I love this course and I will play it anytime I have a chance.

Best Shape Yet

Me and my dad played yesterday morning. The course was really wet from all of the recent rain. Aside from that, it was in the best shape I have ever seen. Greens were fast and in great shape. The fairways were neatly manicured. The staff was also very friendly. The price was nice and we got ro play at our own pace. We will be back!

Decent course

Decent course. Challenging but not too difficult. Greens are a bit rough but I've seen worse.

Lawrenceburg, Indiana