Style Links
Scorecard for Trophy
Black M: 75.3/138 483 576 445 212 369 464 421 214 576 3760 356 553 337 481 202 422 519 220 467 3557 7317
Blue M: 72.1/130 431 504 402 194 299 422 402 183 528 3365 327 501 314 431 163 401 481 191 406 3215 6580
White M: 69.6/124 389 456 370 160 270 383 350 150 492 3020 313 470 305 391 141 366 448 173 379 2986 6006
Green W: 69.3/118 293 399 317 124 215 323 302 107 431 2511 272 433 273 316 110 296 400 116 323 2539 5050

Year Built 1998
Architect Tim Liddy (1998)

Clubs No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2018 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2018 #16) (2016 #9) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #16)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2015 #29)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #16)

Commented On 06/10/2019

Thank you for the fantastic review of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such great feedback and hope you will let us know if you ever need anything while you are here. Come back and see us again very soon.

Pace of Play

You really need to invest in starters/rangers. This is the absolute worst course in the area for pace of play. I haven’t finished my round here on a couple occasions. Excellent layout, excellent conditions, nice people, but rarely an enjoyable round due to the waiting. Work on that and people would be willing to make the long drive more often.

Commented On 06/10/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great course, slow play

This is a great course and gem of the area. Many local business people play here during the week. We played for a friend's bday and had a great time. Our only issue was pace of play. We play quick and when the shots go well we play a round in about 3 hours or less. We were able to tee off ahead of a foursome. We had no one within eye sight the first 6 holes. By 8 we had a lone golfer a hole behind. By 10 we let him play through. By 12 we had another that we let play through and we were caught up to a threesome ahead of us. At 12 there is a "half way shack" that is stocked with anything you need. That threesome included the lone golfer by hole 13 and then they never made progress or kept pace quick. They did apologize at 18th tee for the group ahead of them playing slow. I believe there was a group on the green, another in the fairway, and us on the tee. I love golf and happy to see people playing but 9 minute gaps may be too tight. Picture is from 12th green. Friend and I about 75 yds out.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Always a great course

The course was in great condition considering all the rain we have had. Can’t wait to play it again when the weather is better. Always a great test of golf.

Commented On 06/20/2019

Wow - Thank you for the four star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Always Pristine

This course never disappoints; there are 24 courses in a closer proximity to my home and I drive by every one to go to Lebanon and play The Trophy Club. Weather was crap but I never enjoyed golfing in the rain more. Awesome experience; never disappoints!

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Trophy Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wonderful Day!

Found course challenging, but easier to stay clear of trouble than expected!

Greens were fast, challenging, and in great shape.

Course combined w perfect weather made for a wonderful day!

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for stopping by and leaving us a review! We are glad to hear that you found the course to be challenging and the greens to be rolling true. We take great pride in the playing conditions of our course and happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. Please come out and see us again soon!

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Indy Advisor

Solid Shape

Trophy Club always leaves you wanting more. It's in solid shape tee to green already this year, and well worth a trip or stop if you're traveling on 65 between Lafayette and Indianapolis.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a review! We take great pride in the playing conditions of our course and love when we hear golfers feedback. Please come and see us again soon!

Trophy Club is P-Yure

Love playing this track! Course is challenging and conditions are always mint. For late April the course is in beautiful shape. My group and I always have a great time out there. It’s kind of a drive from Indy but well worth it. PLAY TROPHY CLUB!!!

Commented On 04/29/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Very Nice

Course was in great shape especially for how early in the year it is. Fairways had been mowed and rolled which was very nice. Def like the variety of holes and the overall layout of the course.
Will def be back soon.

Commented On 04/05/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. It is great to see you had an enjoyable time on the course and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Always a treat!

Trophy Club is always a treat. I've played it many times and in every season. The course is always is excellent condition. The time I am writing about was in early April. The greens were surprisingly fast for this early in the season. Temperature was about 50 and the wind was blowing 12-15 MPH so it was a bit nippy. But, it was sunny and I was not in the office. Every hole seemed to play directly into the wind but somehow still managed to pull out an 84 so I walked away looking forward to the next time.

Commented On 04/08/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Conditions !

Greens were very fast ! Loved’em
Fairways were the best we have played and it was late March. They were very good ,
One of the best courses around.
Outstanding course,layout,and demanding greens !
BG

Commented On 03/29/2019

Hello, thank you for the five star review! We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Rainy Day

it has been raining a lot the last few days and the course has handled it well. Some standing water on tee boxes but it did not cause any problems. The course looked great. Greens were rolling well. Great place to play. Pace of play was good

Commented On 06/20/2019

Top notch course

3rd time i’ve played this course and it’s always in perfect condition.
Fairways are the some the nicest i’ve ever played.
The greens are a challenge. Not a flat spot anywhere and slick as glass. A very enjoyable combination.
Only complaint is that the “halfway house” in (middle of holes 4 and 10?), is never open. Restroom break and drink would be nice after 9 holes.
I would recommend this course to anyone that appreciates a golf course that is well taken care of.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for the amazing review! We take great pride in our playing conditions and it is nice to know that it is not going unnoticed! Please comeback out and enjoy the fourth round with us!

A Fun and Challending Course

My golf partner and I jumped at Hot Deal on this premier course. I had wanted to play here for years and this course sure did not disappoint. It may have been the last nice day of the season so it was a bit stacked up but the pace still moved along steadily. The course was in fantastic condition considering it is season end. The fairways and rough were will groomed and even the heather areas were neatly outlined. The traps, and I found most of them, were soft and very playable. The greens are diabolical but smooth and fast. Love the course and can't wait til next season.

Response from The Trophy Club on 11/01/2018:
Hello ddallape, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again next season!
Response from The Trophy Club on 10/22/2018:
Hello hschkabla, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Off the beaten path...BUT a path well worth finding!

For full disclosure I came to the course from Illinois so your trek may not be as 'off the beaten path' as mine.

First off, I prefer wide open courses like this one. For the most part the fairways were wide and forgiving...however, IF you miss the fairway you are looking at a possible big number! Additionally, I'd bet a fair amount that the course designer studied, and took many design queues, from Pete Dye. The carts have the hole layouts and descriptions, plus I had my (Excellent!) Arccos app but I am here to tell you that on many of the holes there were layouts with visual aspects that left you scratching your head about where and how far was best how to approach the hole. The course makes you use every club in your bag...that I believe is one of the key signs of a great design and layout.

Sooooo once you determine how you are gong to get to the green NOW you are in for a real adventure! The greens ranged quite a bit in size, shape and orientation but what was common to all of them was multiple levels and many serious undulations that you had to pay attention to and without a 'pro yardage book' you are literally shooting blind even if you can 'see' the green. If you are close to the green (50 yards in) it is best to walk up and check out the pin placement (apologies to pace of play!) and especially to see if there are any nearby swales that will take even a slightly errant shot down into a drainage area or a bunker. I hit what I thought was a beauty right at the flag only to see it spin right back down and off the green into trouble...I did not get up and down and went from Birdie attempt to a double bogey ;-(.

This is definitely a course that you need to play more than once to get a feel for it, and once you play it for the first time I think you will, like me, want to get back and play it again soon!

Lastly, I want to thank The Trophy Club for hosting our Golf Channel Amateur Tour tournament, the course was in great condition for us. For those of you out there who have even a remote interest in playing new courses (including private ones), meeting lots of new friends, and playing competitive (flighted!!) golf please go check out the Golf Channel Amateur Tour http://gcamtour.com and join your local tour...you will not regret it!!

Response from The Trophy Club on 10/17/2018:
Hello Dougells, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club from Illinois and we hope to see you again soon!

Great layout/Pro wasn’t friendly at all

It was a crisp and cool Saturday, and you would think G.B. would be glad to have us there. Obviously not. He wasn’t friendly at check-in, and not when we were looking to buy some beverages for the round. Too bad. This is one of my favorite courses in the area.

Response from The Trophy Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello cea14377, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon.
Zionsville, Indiana
Frankfort, Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana
Pittsboro, Indiana

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?