A view of a hole at The Trophy Club.

Style Links
The Trophy Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Tim Liddy (1998)

Clubs No

Bar

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Lot of potential, but issues as well.

Course was in less than ideal shape today, but somewhat expected as there was about an inch of rain last night. The good: greens rolled true but quite slow; tees were in great shape; well marked for first time players. Problem areas were: rough was very patchy; fairways were destroyed by divots (ball stopped in five of them - they were everywhere!); no ranger (group in front of us had 6 holes open in front of them); and the grounds crew were obviously not trained as to not follow a specific group for five holes cutting the fairways while we were on the greens. The REALLY bad: one member of our group asked for his own cart, and they told ALL of us we had to pay an additional $15 per person! They only charged $49 for the entire round! They want an extra green fee PLUS for an additional cart??? No chance here! I paid my green fees and cart rental, I had my receipt, and I wasn’t dropping another dime for one person’s accommodation.

Trophy Club, Can't Wait to Return

I did not bring anything resembing golf to the Trophy Club and I enjoyed our round immensely, The shot values are often unique.
The cousre is in good summer playing condition, the shop staff and clubhouse folks are unusually friendly and helpfull.
It had been several years since I played Trophy club last but the challenge and feel Came rushing back immediately..

Bring lot's of golf and play the heck out of this place!

Commented on 08/10/2020

EZbsJhQrmPuqn7qbpQCq, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (888) 730-7272. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi Scotty1876. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Trophy Club.

Favorite Course in the Indianapolis Area

It’s my Favorite Course in the Indianapolis Area

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for your review, Bafisk77. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Trophy Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, tgod11. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Trophy Club of Indiana - great course

Played this course with my son and a friend, both drove up from Indianapolis while I came from 1.5 hours north.

Great course, driving range, excellent condition (tees, fairways, and greens), very challenging, undulating greens, 4 sets of tees, not crowded, better have a good sand game - I could go on and on about all that is good about Trophy Club. Two negative course issues - it had rained the night before and many of the sand traps were water logged. Also, two of us played green tees and some of the holes were a little short.

The Covid policy must be understood by all that golf at TC. We had 3 golfers and each was asked to pay an extra $15 (total $45) for one extra cart. We argued this was an extra green fee and cart fee but not the way the TC staff sees it. Other golfers also saw it our way as we overheard one group complaining and another out on the course we talked to also felt overcharged and had argued in vain.

There is a senior charge that does not come up on the web site and must be asked for when you check in I guess (we missed it but were made aware of it after the round). They won't offer it to you even if you look to be a senior as we do.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, sparky313! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Trophy Club!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi rmcmillan44. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Trophy Club.

Enjoyable Course

This was the first time I walked this course and I was pleased that it was pretty walkable. It does have some climbs, but at least there are no really long hikes from the green to the next tee. As a walker I would have appreciated it if they had mown more short cuts for walkers as an alternative to following the cart path. An extra 100 yards is nothing for a motor cart but a burden for a walker with a pull cart.

I enjoyed this course a lot more from the senior tees than when I used to play it from the men’s tees (I am 68), although some of the senior tees were TOO short (par 4’s less than 300 yards). I played some of the holes from the white tees for this reason. This course has a nice variety of holes and there are definitely some things to learn about how to play the holes. Some of the holes are deceptive from the tee, where hazards are hidden or the fairway shifts left or right in the landing area. So it is a thinking man’s course.

The fairways and greens were in very good condition considering how hot it has been and how little rain we have had. The greens are fairly much faster than the other courses I play regularly and the greens have some significant slopes, so you really have to study your putt and think hard. It could be a long day for someone who can’t handle fast greens. The rough was not too long, so being off the fairway was a mild penalty, but not death, which made it more fun for me. The sand traps were not in great shape: the one I was in on #18 was a dusting of sand on top of hard-pack. Many of the traps had seen a lot of water but hadn’t been groomed recently (I was playing on a Tuesday).

Another problem for a walker is that the carts have pin position sheets and hole diagrams and pointers, but they do not have any handouts for a walker. I have started to make my own “book” about where to aim the tee shots and where to miss on the approaches. It came in handy yesterday and I added a few notes to it!

Commented on 07/24/2020

beprimeau, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (888) 730-7272. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fun course

Golf course is in great shape difficult especially around the greens but very enjoyable great value for the money

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi, u000001598040. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Trophy Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000005534933! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Trophy Club!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Brian3630041! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Trophy Club!

Very fun day

Had a blast out at Trophy Club. Even though it was another hot and humid day the course played as good as can be expected. Good version of a links course that gives you a variety of options to play the hole and is an enjoyable strategic test. Greens, fairways, and bunkers are all getting great attention. Best thing about Trophy Club's setup and routing is it allows you to escape while you're playing the round. Highly recommend and only caution is when conditions are wet this place loses a little bit of the links appeal. Windy, bouncy, and fast are definitely the ideal ways to enjoy the Trophy Club.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u567095034. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Trophy Club thanks you!

Great course conditions after rain

we played today and just had been through a few days of heavy rain. The course was not only in great co diction but the were no real puddles or standing water. Great course with some unique holes.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi u000007416554. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Trophy Club.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi u000007131636. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Trophy Club.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for visiting us at The Trophy Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi GregAbel24. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Trophy Club!

One of the top public tracks in IN

Course was in great shape. Slick, undulating greens. Pace of place was nice for a Saturday (thinking folks were scared by the threat of rain).

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi TheDudeAbides. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Trophy Club.

Excellent course in excellent shape!

I haven’t played Trophy Club since before they had a permanent club house. Trophy Club has developed into a great golf course. Fairways were great! As an “average” golfer, the greens were fast and difficult. However, they were consistent. Bring your A-game and enjoy Trophy Club!

Commented on 06/19/2020

u314160205030, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (888) 730-7272. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hi retnuh3k. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (888) 730-7272 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at The Trophy Club!

4.9019705882