The Trophy Club

The Trophy Club
Scorecard for Trophy
Black M: 75.3/138 483 576 445 212 369 464 421 214 576 3760 356 553 337 481 202 422 519 220 467 3557 7317
Blue M: 72.1/130 431 504 402 194 299 422 402 183 528 3365 327 501 314 431 163 401 481 191 406 3215 6580
White M: 69.6/124 389 456 370 160 270 383 350 150 492 3020 313 470 305 391 141 366 448 173 379 2986 6006
Green W: 69.3/118 293 399 317 124 215 323 302 107 431 2511 272 433 273 316 110 296 400 116 323 2539 5050

Year Built 1998
Architect Tim Liddy (1998) Wadsworth Golf Construction (1998)

Clubs No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2016 #9) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #16)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2015 #29)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #16)

A Fun and Challending Course

My golf partner and I jumped at Hot Deal on this premier course. I had wanted to play here for years and this course sure did not disappoint. It may have been the last nice day of the season so it was a bit stacked up but the pace still moved along steadily. The course was in fantastic condition considering it is season end. The fairways and rough were will groomed and even the heather areas were neatly outlined. The traps, and I found most of them, were soft and very playable. The greens are diabolical but smooth and fast. Love the course and can't wait til next season.

Response from The Trophy Club on 11/01/2018:
Hello ddallape, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again next season!
Response from The Trophy Club on 10/22/2018:
Hello hschkabla, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Off the beaten path...BUT a path well worth finding!

For full disclosure I came to the course from Illinois so your trek may not be as 'off the beaten path' as mine.

First off, I prefer wide open courses like this one. For the most part the fairways were wide and forgiving...however, IF you miss the fairway you are looking at a possible big number! Additionally, I'd bet a fair amount that the course designer studied, and took many design queues, from Pete Dye. The carts have the hole layouts and descriptions, plus I had my (Excellent!) Arccos app but I am here to tell you that on many of the holes there were layouts with visual aspects that left you scratching your head about where and how far was best how to approach the hole. The course makes you use every club in your bag...that I believe is one of the key signs of a great design and layout.

Sooooo once you determine how you are gong to get to the green NOW you are in for a real adventure! The greens ranged quite a bit in size, shape and orientation but what was common to all of them was multiple levels and many serious undulations that you had to pay attention to and without a 'pro yardage book' you are literally shooting blind even if you can 'see' the green. If you are close to the green (50 yards in) it is best to walk up and check out the pin placement (apologies to pace of play!) and especially to see if there are any nearby swales that will take even a slightly errant shot down into a drainage area or a bunker. I hit what I thought was a beauty right at the flag only to see it spin right back down and off the green into trouble...I did not get up and down and went from Birdie attempt to a double bogey ;-(.

This is definitely a course that you need to play more than once to get a feel for it, and once you play it for the first time I think you will, like me, want to get back and play it again soon!

Lastly, I want to thank The Trophy Club for hosting our Golf Channel Amateur Tour tournament, the course was in great condition for us. For those of you out there who have even a remote interest in playing new courses (including private ones), meeting lots of new friends, and playing competitive (flighted!!) golf please go check out the Golf Channel Amateur Tour http://gcamtour.com and join your local tour...you will not regret it!!

Response from The Trophy Club on 10/17/2018:
Hello Dougells, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club from Illinois and we hope to see you again soon!

Great layout/Pro wasn’t friendly at all

It was a crisp and cool Saturday, and you would think G.B. would be glad to have us there. Obviously not. He wasn’t friendly at check-in, and not when we were looking to buy some beverages for the round. Too bad. This is one of my favorite courses in the area.

Response from The Trophy Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello cea14377, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from The Trophy Club on 10/09/2018:
Hello Aaron6785766, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your rating on our staff friendliness. We escalated your rating to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon.

Great deal on a gem of a course.

My first time playing here, drove down from Chicago to play this course with my brother who lives near Indy. Course was in great shape and the holes are interesting and well maintained. The only issue I had with the course was they had obviously had too much rain/water and the sand traps often had standing water in them and even when they didn’t the sand was compacted and hard. Otherwise I have nothing but praise for the course.

Response from The Trophy Club on 10/02/2018:
Hello Scott4142098, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent experience. We also appreciate your feedback on the water in the bunkers. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Another great day at Trophy Club

Trophy Club is almost an hour from my house and in the past was on my play once a year list. This year when days were longer I played the after 5 rate several times and decided to take a half day off work and take advantage of a Golf Now rate. I really like playing here.

Response from The Trophy Club on 09/21/2018:
Hello DTB64, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Such a Fun and Challenging Course

I don’t have enough good words to describe this golf course. I’m from Lafayette, yet making the small trek to Lebanon is worth the time. Every aspect of the course is beautifully cared for. The tee boxes, the sand, the fairways and greens all welcome and invite you to enjoy this links course. You won’t be disappointed.

Response from The Trophy Club on 09/18/2018:
Hello Tom6964842, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Course in Great Shape

I've played Trophy Club many times, but today the course was in the best shape I've ever seen it. Many courses in the area have been losing their greens, but Trophy Club has done a magnificent job of keeping them in great shape. The fairways and tees are also in good shape. Bunkers are a bit washed out with all the rain, but that is to be expected.

If you're in the area or up for the trip, a great value on a very nice course.

Response from The Trophy Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello jkgaafar, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and our affordable rates. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Miserably S L O W....

Played TC for the first time Sun 8/5 in the afternoon on a Hot Deal-- great pricing BUT wow was it ever slow. Took 5+ hours. I've played some pretty difficult tracks but never has it taken 5 hours to play 18 holes. No starter or ranger was ever seen. Course was in great condition especially considering the weather we have had this summer.

Fairways are huge, but difficult to know where to hit with numerous blind shots (a 150yd post in the middle of fairway would speed up play).

Greens are massive, there's times when I'd much rather had a chip than a 60'+ putt over 2 humps.

All in all-- nice course 8 out 10 stars, will def play again just hope it'll be in a reasonable amount of time.

Response from The Trophy Club on 09/06/2018:
Hello ISUSycamore89, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on the pace of play. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from The Trophy Club on 08/08/2018:
Hello Bucksweeper, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

Excellent Course

I Love this golf course. It’s a bit of a haul from Indianopolis but we’ll worth the drive.

Response from The Trophy Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello 13131313, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Wonderful course

Course is in A1 condition. Greens very challenging with their size and angulations. Would recommend to all golfers!

Response from The Trophy Club on 07/26/2018:
Hello Sia3243, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again at The Trophy Club!

greens and fairways in good shape. only drawback were a lack of sand in bunkers ( although had been worked ) and an overabundance of unfixed ball Mark's on green. still a top 10 course in indy metro area.

Response from The Trophy Club on 07/26/2018:
Hello shadrap, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions. We also appreciate your feedback on our bunkers and the ball marks on the greens. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Course In Central Indiana

From tee boxes to greens this course is in excellent shape!

Response from The Trophy Club on 07/25/2018:
Hello hschkabla, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 07/31/2018:
Hello mgoens, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our greens and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

This is a long course with some of the best greens and fairways you will find anywhere. Play the proper tees and this will become your favorite course too

Response from The Trophy Club on 10/29/2018:
Hello mike4644055, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 07/26/2018:
Hello JBrowneye35, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Great Experience

Course was in fabulous shape. Greens rolled nice and overall condition of the course - tee to green was very good. Will most definitely play again!

Response from The Trophy Club on 07/25/2018:
Hello minnet, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent experience. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 07/16/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!
Lebanon, Indiana