A view of a hole at The Trophy Club.

Style Links
The Trophy Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Tim Liddy (1998)

Clubs No

Bar

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Great Conditions !

Greens were very fast ! Loved’em
Fairways were the best we have played and it was late March. They were very good ,
One of the best courses around.
Outstanding course,layout,and demanding greens !
BG

Commented on 03/29/2019

Hello, thank you for the five star review! We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Awesome day at a great course

Course is in excellent shape. Can’t wait to play it again.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hello, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Trophy Club!

Course Won!

Course was wonderful, especially the coolers of free drinks left over from the outing right before us which were most appreciated in the 95 degree heat!!!

Heat got the best of me so the course won!!!!

Best course around

Love the layout, the tough greens, beautiful scenery. Really nice course for the money.

Ridiculous greens

Beautiful course layout and scenic.. The sandtraps were very deep with very hard and wet sand. Next to impossible to keep shot on the green. The greens are massive without an inch of flatness anywhere on them. Most holes were cut on the top of a hill so if your put had enough speed to get to the cup and you missed,it would roll 20' by

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hello, wyguy. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Trophy Club!

Commented on 08/06/2019

Hello, Robert. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Trophy Club!

A real gem

A fine links style test. Keep the ball in play which it will test high and low handicaps. Greens are sandy but very fast. Will go back ASAP. The flipchart guide attached to every cart along with USB plugin is an excellent touch also!

Awesome and challenging course

Great course to play for the intermediate level player or the beginners looking for a tough challenge! Great course to play and for the price it was fantastic to play. Lost a couple balls but it was worth it playing this course. Will be back for sure!

Great course one of the best around. Definitely worth a drive

Commented on 07/15/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Rainy Day

it has been raining a lot the last few days and the course has handled it well. Some standing water on tee boxes but it did not cause any problems. The course looked great. Greens were rolling well. Great place to play. Pace of play was good

Commented on 06/20/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Top notch course

3rd time i’ve played this course and it’s always in perfect condition.
Fairways are the some the nicest i’ve ever played.
The greens are a challenge. Not a flat spot anywhere and slick as glass. A very enjoyable combination.
Only complaint is that the “halfway house” in (middle of holes 4 and 10?), is never open. Restroom break and drink would be nice after 9 holes.
I would recommend this course to anyone that appreciates a golf course that is well taken care of.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Hello, thank you for the amazing review! We take great pride in our playing conditions and it is nice to know that it is not going unnoticed! Please comeback out and enjoy the fourth round with us!

A Fun and Challending Course

My golf partner and I jumped at Hot Deal on this premier course. I had wanted to play here for years and this course sure did not disappoint. It may have been the last nice day of the season so it was a bit stacked up but the pace still moved along steadily. The course was in fantastic condition considering it is season end. The fairways and rough were will groomed and even the heather areas were neatly outlined. The traps, and I found most of them, were soft and very playable. The greens are diabolical but smooth and fast. Love the course and can't wait til next season.

Response from on 11/01/2018:
Hello ddallape, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again next season!
Response from on 10/22/2018:
Hello hschkabla, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

Off the beaten path...BUT a path well worth finding!

For full disclosure I came to the course from Illinois so your trek may not be as 'off the beaten path' as mine.

First off, I prefer wide open courses like this one. For the most part the fairways were wide and forgiving...however, IF you miss the fairway you are looking at a possible big number! Additionally, I'd bet a fair amount that the course designer studied, and took many design queues, from Pete Dye. The carts have the hole layouts and descriptions, plus I had my (Excellent!) Arccos app but I am here to tell you that on many of the holes there were layouts with visual aspects that left you scratching your head about where and how far was best how to approach the hole. The course makes you use every club in your bag...that I believe is one of the key signs of a great design and layout.

Sooooo once you determine how you are gong to get to the green NOW you are in for a real adventure! The greens ranged quite a bit in size, shape and orientation but what was common to all of them was multiple levels and many serious undulations that you had to pay attention to and without a 'pro yardage book' you are literally shooting blind even if you can 'see' the green. If you are close to the green (50 yards in) it is best to walk up and check out the pin placement (apologies to pace of play!) and especially to see if there are any nearby swales that will take even a slightly errant shot down into a drainage area or a bunker. I hit what I thought was a beauty right at the flag only to see it spin right back down and off the green into trouble...I did not get up and down and went from Birdie attempt to a double bogey ;-(.

This is definitely a course that you need to play more than once to get a feel for it, and once you play it for the first time I think you will, like me, want to get back and play it again soon!

Lastly, I want to thank The Trophy Club for hosting our Golf Channel Amateur Tour tournament, the course was in great condition for us. For those of you out there who have even a remote interest in playing new courses (including private ones), meeting lots of new friends, and playing competitive (flighted!!) golf please go check out the Golf Channel Amateur Tour http://gcamtour.com and join your local tour...you will not regret it!!

Response from on 10/17/2018:
Hello Dougells, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club from Illinois and we hope to see you again soon!

Great layout/Pro wasn’t friendly at all

It was a crisp and cool Saturday, and you would think G.B. would be glad to have us there. Obviously not. He wasn’t friendly at check-in, and not when we were looking to buy some beverages for the round. Too bad. This is one of my favorite courses in the area.

Response from on 10/15/2018:
Hello cea14377, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness. Thank you for visiting The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon.
4.9019705882