Style Links
The Trophy Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Tim Liddy (1998)

Clubs No

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2018 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Indiana (2018 #16) (2016 #9) (2015 #2)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #16)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2015 #29)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Value Courses in the U.S. (2015 #16)

Gem

Trophy Club is an absolute gem in the greater Indianapolis area which is full of an array of very quality courses. Having lived in the area for the past 4 years, I have played almost all of the top courses but always find myself teeing it up at The Trophy Club, to the tune of probably over 50 times.

The course features great width off the tee, which allows for players of all skill levels to get the ball in play and better players to create angles to attack. The setup creates chances to score, but also must be aware of many of the well placed hazards and obstacles lurking nearby.

Features really fun green complexes, and they do a good job putting pins in areas that force you to make decisions of whether play conservative or attack.

Pace of Play is usually great playing during the week, or early/late on weekend. Like any public course, will get busy during mid-day Sat/Sun. Often playing as a single, the friendly staff has always been accommodating to help me get out in front of groups, or pair and introduce me to other players to help with pace of play.

Overall - if you are passing through the area or haven't been up to play it yet, you should definitely make an effort to do so. You will not be disappointed.

Response from The Trophy Club on 05/16/2018:
Hello cards99, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Lebanon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 05/11/2018:
Hello swingfourthefenc, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an exceptional golf experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

I want to thank Tropy Club for posting tee times on Golf now. The course was in fantastic shape! We could not have asked for a more perfect day...no wind..unusual. we were a twosome that teed off at 1:30 and never waited or were pushed the whole day! Half way house attendant was great . The course also has one of the best driving ranges around. Keep up the good work Trophy Club and I look forward to my next round at your fine facility!

Response from The Trophy Club on 05/08/2018:
Hello dhiner, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Course is in great shape. Only issue was they allowed a 5 some of older gentleman and they were hold up 5 groups behind them. Took just shy of 6 hours to play 18 holes. We teed off at noon and finished just shy of 6 pm. Rediculis

Response from The Trophy Club on 05/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we are sorry for the subpar pace of play. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 05/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your rating on the pace of play. We escalated your rating to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Outstanding Course, Terrific Staff!

You gotta play this one!

Very open, links-type course with wonderful scenery. Very challenging for the better golfer, but plenty of room to accommodate those who spray the ball a bit, too....like.... :)

Staff is excellent; overall a great value in the north side of Indy!

David G

Response from The Trophy Club on 05/02/2018:
Hello dglessner, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, affordable rates, and friendly staff. Thank you for the great feedback and we hope to see you at The Trophy Club again soon!

Best value in Indy area. Challenging course. Awesome staff!

Response from The Trophy Club on 05/01/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, affordable rates, and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Course for the $$ in Indiana

I've played Trophy Club many times and there is no doubt that it's the best course for the money in the state of Indiana. It's a very unique layout, very challenging yet fair and always in excellent condition. Just a word to the wise, you better have the flat stick working if you want to score!!

Response from The Trophy Club on 05/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and playing conditions. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club in Lebanon and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 04/30/2018:
Hello Bill3479933, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club in Lebanon and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from The Trophy Club on 04/30/2018:
Hello cvale6530, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at The Trophy Club. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

cold day but very warm hospitality

as always course was very good and greens were excellant for bad cold weather 39 degrees always a treat to play Trophy club and the young man behind the counter was super, will be back when it warms a little

Response from The Trophy Club on 04/18/2018:
Hello kanick, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our greens and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing The Trophy Club in Lebanon and we hope to see you again soon!
Indy Advisor

January Round

The course opened after the frigid month we've had, and it was in great shape for January. Heck, it was in great shape for most of the year.

Always love going here. The course continues to have its way with me. Even when playing well, one slip up and it's double-bogey time. Especially in the heart of the back 9. 13-17 will give you all you can handle any time of year.

Add in the persistent wind there, and yeah, bring your A game if you want to score. Otherwise, just smile and enjoy a great course as it kicks your butt.

Not your typical Indiana golf course

First time in almost five years that I’ve played here, and it is just as amazing as I remember. Very creative hole routing, surprisingly hilly in area, plenty of bunkers and water hazards. There is a reason why this course is so highly rated. The staff treated me great, even playing as a single, which wasn’t an issue since the weather forecast scared many other golfers away. The course played incredibly long that day because of all the recent rain, but the green were in very good shape. Hope to play here again in the near future.

Not for walkers

I played this course after it had rained the night before and it was cart paths only. Seeing I have had 4 surgeries and 2 left knee replacements it was very difficult for me to finish. To walk from 75-100 yards from the cart path to the ball was too much for me and my knee. It was a great course and for the time of year the overall course was good. Just too much for an older guy of 67 and my knee to finish.

Right place play golf

Right place play golf Enjoy playing this course every time I play it I would say this is what mine is courses in the state of Indiana looking forward to play again

Well maintained

The fairways and greens were in excellent condition. The heather was cut down which was very nice when I hit a few in there.

Never again

Overbooked with no Starter or time management. Could not even finish my round.

Pete Dye protege

One of my favorite courses in Indiana. Tim Liddy is a masterful architect. It's a fair course, but requires skill to shoot in the 80's. Turf is fantastic with rolling terrain and slick undulated putting surfaces. It's an incredible value for the price. This course ranks right along with Prarie View, Bearslide, Purgatory, Coyote Crossing, the Purdue courses, Plum Creek and all the top loops in Indiana. Driving range right next to clubhouse.

Zionsville, Indiana