Liberty Country Club

Year Built 1927

Some of the best greens I have played this year

You should do yourself a favor and play this course, grounds crew does and excellent job. Greens were in great shape. Even the fairways were very playable even with the heat and dry summer. Beer prices very reasonable. Allin all a great experience.

Course was in good shape. We finished under four hours. The only suggestion I would make is to install nets around the driving range, too many errant practice balls on holes 17 and 18. Staff was very nice. I would definitely play there again!

My favorite

I have played at this course over a decade(home course for high school) and I still refer to it as my home course and rate it my favorite

Well it was a quick round, under 3 hours,but it was 85degrees and no water on the course. I had to find shade as often as we could in order to finish.i We have played here a lot,but never without drinking water!! C'mo n guys!!

It was a warm in the mid 80s. We did get about a 30-45 min shower at the 8th hole but sat it out in a nearby shelter. The course wasn't that busy that afternoon and we had my grandson with us who has only play a couple of rounds before so we could let a few others play through and never felt rushed when we had to take a few extra minutes looking for our balls. course is in good shape though there are a lot of fungus flies buzzing around. there are some pretty holes on this course and it remains one of my favorites to play.

Staff said they can’t wait to get off of GolfNow. Complained about GolfNow customers not spending other money and course does not make fine. GolfNow has gave me the opportunity to play many courses that I would not have played. Course is normally too high.

Very nice

A gem to put it simply. Very well taken care of course. Some really challenging holes but a good placed shot makes it easy to score. Greens and fairways in excellent shape. I will for sure be back.

Deceptivly sloped greens make this course even harder

No easy way to get there from Cincy. If I hadn't played with some of the courses regulars I never would have found my way around.

This course is short but challenging

Friendly staff number one course is well maintained

Commented on 08/08/2016

We really appreciate your review! We pride ourselves on our good staff and in providing great service to our players. Hope to see you again soon!

Nice grass!

This was our first visit to Liberty Country Club. Our first impression was 'another flat open farmland course' as we arrived. The course however proved to be somewhat undulated with some strategically placed trees, and some extremely undulated and quick greens.

The fairways are very hard under the short cut somewhat dry but in nice condition bent grass. Off the fairways the rough played fair but there were grass less spots with plain dirt.

The greens were VERY challenging. Nobody in the group were able to figure them out. They are smooth and fast but it seemed the speed differed a bit from green to green?

The staff and service was great and there were a lot of workers out maintaining the course and the greens were being watered.

We'd play it again if it was not an hour away.

Great course for the money

Great layout of holes. Bent Fairways and Greens were in excellent condition.

Commented on 10/30/2015

We're so thrilled you enjoyed the layout and condition of our course! Thanks for playing, and thanks for letting us know your thoughts. Can't wait for your next visit!

great shape

While i was only able to play 3 holes due to the weather it was easy to see this course is in great shape. When we arrived the staff was super friendly and helped us out with the course. As i said we only golfed 3 holes due to the weather and the guy at the desk had no problem giving us a rain check. Although it is about a 35 min. drive for me this will be a course i will be returning to more often.

Worst Course Ever

This is hands down the worst golf course I have ever played in my 30 years of playing golf. It is the only time I have ever said to my father on the 14th tee, "I want my money back". Driving in the first tee box we saw should have said it all, the par 3 3rd. There was barely any grass on the tee, it was half brown, and the weeds that were growing on it looked like my yard when the landscapers have missed a week. The greens were the slowest I have ever seen, I might as well of been putting in the rough. The pin placements were borderline unfair on the extremely slow, undulating greens. Whoever gave this course a good review must have never played anywhere besides Liberty, IN. To top it off we didn't even get to play the whole course because the two fivesomes wearing jeans in front of us said "sorry but we don't want to let you play through." What a joke. Horrible round that if I hadn't booked a hot deal on golfnow I would've walked into the pro shop and asked for my money back. $25 is a rip off for this course as well as the drive from Cincinnati, I will definitely not be going anywhere near Liberty, IN ever again as this course has left a bad reflection upon me.

Commented on 10/24/2016

Sounds like this player couldn't navigate the course and is taking out his frustrations on the course. I have player the course several times and this is an unfair rating. All course suffer some during the hot dry summer but this is a good golf course.

Commented on 07/26/2015

tschroeder,

We're so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at the course. We're taking all of your comments into very close consideration. Please accept our humble apologies. We hope you'll come give the course another try someday soon.

nice little place

I really like this course. I grew up playing here and they've kept it up nicely. I wish I made it to liberty more often and I'm going to try to. I got this round on a hot deal and couldn't beat it for the price.

Commented on 07/26/2015

Chris,

We're glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. It looks like it's been a year since you've been out here, stop back by the course again soon!

Country Style with Flair

This is a great course with somewhat narrow fairways and many trees that can get in your way if you are not in the fairway. The grass and overall condition of the course was excellent, probably one of the best I have played this year. Also, the food and other amenities are very reasonably priced.

Don't waste your money.

Got a good deal on a tee time. (Thanks Golf Now) Overall course is decent, tee boxes need work. Had a 10:50 tee time, staff let 3 groups of 4 go off In front of me, the last at 10:35. It is now 2:30, and still have 2 holes to play. No Marshalls, and obviously the members in the foursome in front of us could care less. Will never come back here.

3 generations

3 generations - My dad, my daughter and myself...........and I lost to both of them. Beautiful day, beautiful course and a lot of fun for all 3 of us. This was the first time I played the course but it won't be the last and I would suggest to anyone who has the opportunity to play there: Do it.

Nice Course

It's a fun course but the greens were hard for me to read, they are fast. The fairways were in fair shape considering how hot and the lack of rain. Would I play it again, yes by the way take your own water there is no drinking water on the course?

Great value for the HOT golf now cost

For the discounted cost from Golfnow.com made this a great value!!!!

Richmond, Indiana