Shady Hills Golf Club

Black 71 6416 yards N/A N/A
White 71 5903 yards N/A N/A
Gold 71 5457 yards N/A N/A
Red 71 4348 yards N/A N/A

"Hope you like water holes"

mickeib53's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The coarse is a nice coarse. To many water holes for most average golfers. Can get a little expensive, if your not careful. You could loose 4 or 5 golf balls. There were it seemed a lot of bare spots around the greens. Over all though it's a nice golf coarse. It's named right. I think I hit 6 or 7 trees as well as the wtaer holes. It can be a hard coarse but challenging.

"Grant Counties finest"

pacer52's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2016

The greens have been repaired from the unfortunate damage last year and are better than ever. This is a great course partially flat and partially rolling hills with three ponds and a lake with a winding creek. There is all new sand in the traps. some people have been upset about the greens but other than that the course was in good shape . How do I know , because I was there ...mowing . I have been coming here for over 50 years.

The course is like new this year and getting better all the time. Come out and enjoy.

"Worst course I have ever played"

cecilteri's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

This is the first time I have played this course and by far the worst experience I have ever had at a golf course. I booked on line using golfnow.com and had to wait 10 minutes past my tee time for the club house to open and when the GM showed up, he immediately started complaining about me using golfnow. The greens and tee boxes were dead because they put some bad chemical on them. The GM never told us about the condition when we paid. At the turn when we mentioned that it would have been nice to know about the greens, his comment was "well you booked it on line". When we told him he could have said something when we paid, he said "you could have looked at the putting green". I said even the fairways needed mowed, he said, it was rye grass not bent grass. I told him the grass was not the problem, it was the weeds everywhere on the fairways. HORRIBLE customers service and the condition of the course is one of the worst I have ever seen. If I could give it a negative rating I would rate it a -10.

Course Layout: Poor

"Marion Golf"

dustyj's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

If you play this course be sure that it is after a rain, since the fairways and tee boxes are not watered. The fairways were hard and had big cracks in them from lack of water, so a divot was impossibe.They also had alot of bare spots. The tee boxes were like rock and difficult to place your tees. They do water the greens and they were in very good condition, quick and vayring.<br/> Watch out for the unseen water to the right down the first fairway, for a 200 + yard hitter this will be in play. A creek dividing several fairways requires you to know your distances and play accordingly.<br/> This would be a good course to play if they could water the fairways and tee boxes, but since they can't, I just would not recommend it to my friends.

"Disappointed"

John2954482's avatar
Age:  Under 25

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015

It's a good deal on golf now. It was a rainy week so not much was to be expected of the overall course conditions. I hated the greens, the worse set of greens I have ever played. They were dead and splotchy.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

Commented on 06/12/2016

I was there on 6/5/2016 and the greens were horrible. The clubhouse told me that the greens had been sprayed with a chemical that killed all 18 greens. DO NOT GOLF here.