Foxcliff Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Architect William Diddel (1970) Duane Dammeyer

Course was closed - had to find another course to play !

Course was closed !
Took 35 minutes to get there !
Had to find another course to play

Commented on 12/30/2019

Hello. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but hope you will play here in the future!

Had a good day!

Very friendly staff, course is in good condition at this time of the year. Had lots of fun today!

Commented on 11/25/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Foxcliff Golf Club!

Course was in excellent condition for this time of the year....Tee boxes were great ...greens were some of the best I've played in my 40+ rounds this year....

Good course & friendly staff!

I played here once three years ago and had a great experience. I’ll be returning far sooner for my next round, for sure. Layout is good, course condition is good, staff is friendly and cost is very reasonable. Has enough difficulty to challenge a better player but very playable for a high handicapper as well....doesn’t beat you up if you’re not having your best day. Definitely recommend and look forward to playing again soon.

Had great time, staff was great, if had more time in the area would play again

Used to love this course

I used to play this course as my go to almost every weekend, as it is between Bloomington and Indy (where most of my golfing buddies live)

Last year I booked a tee time at the course, arrived there that morning after driving 40 mins to the pro shop telling me that from the rain the night before the course was closed. The shop never called me to tell me it was closed and let me drive all the way there instead. Slightly annoyed I said okay then, how will I get my money back? They said to call golf now and golf now would confirm that they were closed and refund my money... no problem got my money back and went to bluff creek.

Fast forward to this April. I prepaid a tee time and the morning of it rained way more than it did last year... assuming they would close I called the course to see if they were open. The young man at the pro shop said, “well, we got a lot of rain, no way we will be open later... cancel your tee time”. So I did... and when golf now called they said that they had stayed open. Because of this I was out my $80. Golfnow gave me $100 in $20off coupons that can only be used Monday-Thursday (LOL I work Monday through Thursday). The pro shop blew me off when I emailed them also.

Refusing to play there again, I got a call a month ago to my friend who had free passes. I decided to go play on the free pass. Was a super slow day with slow foursomes in front and behind us hitting in to us, happens on days as nice as this Friday was. On the 16th green a worker approached me and asked for a ride to the maintenance shack because his mower broke down, no one was answering the phone, and he didn’t want to walk. I said, uh, are you serious? I have a foursome playing in to us? He said yeah, it would really help me out. So I asked where the maintenance shed was, he respond “by the 10th hole”. Not too far away so I decide to drive him. In the middle of my round I drive this guy to the 10th hole... a good 3/4 min drive. We get there and i say, sooo where is it again? He then says, we’ll it’s actually by the clubhouse..... which is through a neighborhood another 3/4 mins away. Called the club house on my way back to 17 to let them know what happened and offered no solution.

Literally can’t make this stuff up. Go to eagle pines, bluff creek, or martinsville instead.

Paid and. Closed after 1 hour drive e

I. Booked this with Golf Now ....I drove an hour to get there and my friends drove over that to meet me. Upon arrival we were greeted with a "course closed" sign. The. Corse may be nice, the reviews are based on the fact that someone should have e known the course was not opened yet this year before it was posted on Hot Deals.
The company did reimburse us for the round. I called numerous times to see if we could tee off earlier but no answer, should have been a clue. I thought they were just busy with other players.
Dont usually post negative stuff but beware fellow golfers.

Fall Golf In Indiana

The course was in good shape although a little soft from recent rain. It was an unusually warm day for late November 60. All the holes on the front nine had water in them so we had a ball wash on each hole. We had a good time and the pace was at our own speed no one ahead and a few behind. Is fall so you have to deal with leaves blowing around the course and at times it is a challenge to find your ball. Overall it was great to get in a late round of golf this far north.

Foxcliff

Very poor fairway conditions, very little grass and very muddy. I won’t go back

Good round

Was ok, fairways are in rough shape greens rolled true. Nice course but I dont care for the layout

Over Crowded

Parking lot was so full, we had to park across the street. I arrived 12:00p for our 12:45p tee time to hit the range beforehand. No carts available, so I walk back to my car across the street to get my clubs and walk to the range. Coming back to the clubhouse at 12:40 with my group to find we still do not have any carts. We did not receive both carts until 1:10. Had groups behind and in front of us all day.

Outside of the lack of planning on this day, a very beautiful course that provides a little of everything.

Solid Saturday morning round

My friend and I played Saturday June 30th, tee time was at 8:36. A few groups let us play through on the front nine got a little backed up on the 10th tee but once they got in front us we didn't have to wait long. Very enjoyable round. Greens were in fantastic shape. Well worth the money.

Would like to try it again.

It was my first time out this year. The fairways are narrow, but with the white tee box placement, they were fair. The course is well kept with undulating greens.

A fun course

This was the first time I’ve played Foxcliff and it was one of the most enjoyable rounds I’ve ever played. It’s a beautiful and challenging course.The front nine and back nine are like two different courses. Beware of the slice, there are several houses very close to the course. That’s part of the challenge. And if you can’t find the fairway, the course will wear you out. I needed a nap after my round. I plan to play this course again and often.

Great Value

Played this course as a $15 hot deal, and it was a steal. Carts are very nice with an on board ball/club washer. All the holes have some character to them. Conditions are improving on pace. No real ground issues. Just some weeds on their way out. Only complaint is the 10 tee is far from the club house and not very well marked. And watch out for snakes on 13! Ran into about a 4 foot water moccasin along the pond.

I rated this course 5/5 in 2017. 2/5 in 2018

Course was in terrible condition. If I went in the rough I was hitting off dandelions/clover. They clearly didn’t use enough weed killer and/or didn’t spray the entire course. The pace was awful as well. It took 2 of us 5 hours to finish a round as a result of golfers ahead. I came in 2017 and loved it. I’ll wait till 2019 to try it again.

Very nice. Course. Much improved from last season regarding fairways. Geese Robles
Seems to be under control at least on front 9. Will definitely lay here more often.

Early Spring Late fall

We played on Apr 13 but if felt more like Nov 13 the wind was steady 30 mph with gust to 45-50 mph and the temp was about 68 degrees. The temp and the good course conditions made it bearable. For as bad as our spring has been the course was very playable. We had a great time.

Great

I enjoy the front much more than the back.
We are average golfers. We played from the whites and shot 84 and 82. Not to long.
The greens have subtle breaks. Fun

Martinsville, Indiana
Mooresville, Indiana
4.3197823529
Trafalgar, Indiana
Clayton, Indiana
Plainfield, Indiana

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.