Year Built 1928

Potential

This course has potential. Cost me $15 to play all 18 with cart. Right now the 9th is under construction, so instead of being a par 5 it's a 150 yard par 3. Many cart paths are in serious need of repaving, but some areas had been recently repaved which is a good sign. For the most part, tee to green conditions were terrific, but some holes had patchy spots on the greens and fairways that need some maintenance. Overall a fun course with trees, water and slopes to contend with regularly. Not very long especially with #9 under construction, but in my opinion certainly worth the $15 to go check out a few times a season.

Nice early spring outing

The course was in good shape for this early in the season. Good weather made for a great day.

Amazing conditions

Truly amazing Conditions for this time of the year. We thoroughly enjoyed our round and the staff could not be better.
We will come back as often as we can.

Good course

Great staff but the halfway house wasn't open and the restaurant inside was closed for food to at 1p.m. Overall for the weather and conditions it was average

challenging and discouraging

The courses is challenging with water. Foe unfamiliar player's the next hole location is difficult to find. Hole number 9 shortened to a small par 3 but no indication until at green. Hole not repaired from pipe line work.

Turkey Creek

Well layed out. Short course but tricky in spots. a very enjoyable round.

great for the average golfer

i have played here numerous times and the course is always in decent shape. it has a good mixture of easier and demanding holes. if you can carry the water holes you will probably shoot a good score. overall the course is pretty fair and not too intimidating.

Fun coarse

Lots of water, fun coarse. It rained all day when we played. There were plenty of shelters to go under. Even in the rain, good times.

The couse is terrible

Greens are not able to read. It's is such bad shape I could put from 20 yards off the green and still be close. I'm never playin there again.

Recommend but only for the price

Greens need a lot of work. Rest room locked. Distance to hazard on certain holes should be marked for better pace of play.

Needs some work.

The course has a nice layout with several straight away, fairly easy holes and some more challenging. I have played here before a few years ago and the course was in a lot better condition. Several of the greens and tee boxes are in need of repair. The grounds in general need some upkeep. And several of the ball washers were without water or towels the day we played. Still a nice layout to play with a nice staff and facility.

Great

Great time would love to play there again. Thanks to golf now I reserved the tee time last minute and got a great price

great deal

$14 even in the fall is a great deal on the weekend

Hard to find. Challenging, though not too tough.

HARD TO FIND THE COURSE, SO ASK FOR DIRECTIONS. vERY FRIENDLY STAFF. Good greens.

I was pleasantly surprised of the beauty of this course.

I enjoyed playing Turkey Creek golf course. The pace for 18 hours was approximately 3-3.5 hours. For this time of year the course was in good condition. There are some hazards but overall very players friendly course. I enjoyed myself so much that I have played course two addition rounds. I strongly recommend that players in NW Indiana and Chicago South play this course.

great deal

it was 93degrees when we played they were working around a few holes but no big deal, course was in good condition considering the heat and lack of rain in our area, it was worth more than i paid so noway i can complain will definetly play here again, live in chicago but our public courses charge way more and are no where near as nice thanks guys

Great conditions, excellent value

This course is a hidden gem. I had heard of it but had never played it before, I will return.

Unbelievable for $13

This course was much better than I expected. Looking at the pictures on the course site I figured it looked ok but not very many flattering pictures, just a plain old park district course. BUT when you get going it's a really nice course, great layout (aside from the entrance to the place...looks like you're pulling into a back lot behind a run down restaurant).

I was able to shoot a round by myself on a Friday afternoon in 2 hours which was fantastic. There are a few holes that could use a touch up (18 is under construction - fixing the bridge over the creek so it goes from 160 yard par 3 to a 60 yard par 3 for the time being, but you are hitting from dirt and crab grass).

The greens are super fast so make sure you take the right approach. Couldn't have been happier with this deal. $13 is ridiculous for a deal for 18 and a cart at a pretty nice course, normally that wouldn't even get you a cart at most places these days!

Not bad for a muni at this price

Paying $14 to play per person with cart I would be hard pressed to say anything bad about the course. After all that price barely gets you 9 holes walking anymore let alone 18 & a cart with a course that has a unique layout, moderate difficulty with all the water that comes into play and for a municipal course isn't in too bad of a shape. Bunkers were a bit scarce but had fluffy sand in them, greens were a nice shade yet manicured. Some holes did need some reseeding/re-sod in spots and some roughs were a bit patchy as well but hey it's a muni for $14 not Ruffled Feathers for $60. Pace of play was just a hair over 3 and 1/2 as we did wait on some holes and the longest wait of the day was teeing off on 1 as we had 3 groups of 2 &3 go out ahead of us. Staff was nice and friendly also it was a laid back atmosphere so if you're looking for a quick, dirty and cheap, hassle free round of golf give Turkey Creek a try.

lots of water, but fair.

Probably the best course in the area. 3 par 3's over water

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.
6400 Harrison St, Merrillville, Indiana 46410, Lake County