Oaktree Golf Course

Blue 72 6479 yards
White 72 6157 yards
Red (W) 73 4942 yards
Scorecard for Oak Tree Golf Course
Blue M: 71.8/124 370 187 371 378 155 527 453 506 440 3387 160 485 487 434 152 273 398 366 337 3092 6479
White M: 70.1/119 351 184 350 363 145 492 444 496 430 3255 147 470 469 348 144 262 386 348 328 2902 6157
Gold M: 68.2/117 290 150 285 283 145 460 360 420 340 2733 112 420 380 280 144 240 285 265 288 2414 5147
Red W: 70.0/119 288 110 254 260 135 460 360 419 339 2625 108 405 320 274 135 220 275 265 282 2284 4909

Year Built 1962
Architect Pete Dye (1962)

Caddies Yes

Plays Once a year

Does not honor gift certificates

I purchased 2 gift certificates from Oak Tree golf course. There are no expiration dates or restrictions on them. Management would not honor the gift certificates even though they were valid. Oak Tree golf course has been going downhill since the new owners took over. There are much nicer golf courses in Indiana for money.

Greens are the Challange

This a very walkable course, and you will be challenged from all tee boxes. Back tees better be a long hitter and the front tees (Gold) better have a good wedge game.

The real challenge is the greens; Side hills fast greens, very subtle breaks that you wont read unless played many times. the only weak area are the sand traps, some are packed very tight others play as no sand at all. Overall you will have a good time and will be challedged.

Don't waste your money

Way too expensive for what you get. Drive a couple miles farther to Deer Creek you pay less and have 100x more challenges and scenery. Oak Tree is flat. Good to tune your wedges. Greens are best in city but the staff is awful & the price is way too high. Facilities should want to grow the game. Oak Tree doesn't allow children under eight out. What a joke. Not family friendly.

Fun course with great people!!

Showed up to play and meet some new golfers. Had a great time playing Oak Tree

Nice Course. It was in great shape for winter Golf.

Enjoyed the round. Meet some new and friendly golfers. Will come out again and play soon. Great staff and course.

good greens, no fairway

fairways hadn't been mowed so the fairway was as rough as the rough

Oak Tree Review

Oak Tree was in good shape-greens were great and the fairways were good; they were were cut appropriately! Decent course! Go play it!

Good Day

Staff was friendly, other golfers courteous and course in good condition. Fairways look open but ball placement key, greens in good shape and challenging.

Hot Deal costs more if time is valued.

Quit after 11 holes. Back nine was backed up and not moving. If pin placement for remaining holes was anything like front nine, weekend play will take way too long! Estimate that we were on our way to a 5 1/2 to 6 hr round on a short track.

Decent course good for the deal we got

Go value for your money, courses need a little work . I'll play again, staff was very nice.

Had a good time

Lots of par 4 and long fairways. Everyone was friendly. Looking forward to going back again.

Oak Tree

I would definitely play this course again. We were able to get on the course as soon as we arrived. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Other golfers on the course were friendly and respectful. The pace of play was good, but we did have a husband/wife twosome cut in from somewhere on the fourth hole that slowed everything down. They let us through on the seventh and the pace of play from then on was excellent. The greens were fast and in very good condition. A few of the tee boxes were a little rough, but did not detract from the enjoyment of the round. I would recommend this course to any level golfer for an enjoyable round of golf.

twmitch
Commented On 08/06/2014

I DO recommend this course From the wording of the original review, this should be obvious I do not understand why it is listed as not recommended.

Check For Outings!

Unfortunately I was unaware of a golf outing that day and we teed off a lot later than our tee time. Our front 9 was excruciating slow but by the time we got to the back 9 the outing was finishing up and we breezed through.

Fix the tee boxes!!

I have played on this course several times before over the course of the last 12 years and have to say it's in some of the best condition I've ever seen it. The green were in great shape, the fairways were cut short and were in great shape, the rough was thick and lush, but.....the tee boxes were horrible. They were choppy, over grown, tore up, and really unlevel. Please fix the tee boxes!

Wednseday golf

Played around noon and started the back nine at 1:15, course very open that afternoon, no wait until back nine and the four some let us play through. We had a great time, value was good with purchase through golfnow. I wouldn't pay there regular prices to play this course, its close by and convenient. Yes I would play again for $20 or less.

Poor weather

Worse Experience Ever

I will never come back to Oaktree to golf. I bought a tee time on golfnow and I showed up with my 5 year old son and they would not let me play because he was not 8. Not only did I feel horrible but my son was stunned because he talked about going golfing with his dad the whole day. We should want kids to get into sports and other activities to stay off the street but I guess that is not what Oaktree golf course wants. I will never go back there and I hope no one else does either.

Nice course...BUT

Needs a ranger on the weekends to ensure a proper pace of play. While my wife and I played as a twosome and understood that we would have some time between shots, the course really got backed up on the back nine by an intoxicated foursome a couple of groups in front of us that shouldn't have been allowed to run amuck. Designwise, the course was one of Pete Dye's earlier products (sans railroad ties) and had numerous forced carries to greens that often sloped front to back, making it difficult for us to hold a shot. Several of the forward tees were not in good condition and needed to be rebuilt or improved to justify the regular cost of the greens fee. There were no senior rates for weekend play...which didn't make a lot of sense for this "senior citizen." The weather was fabulous, however, and any day on a golf course far exceeds any day not on a golf course. While I recommend the course to others, I would not likely play this course again unless I could do so for a reduced rate from a golf discounter such as GolfNow.com.

Amazing

Staff was very helpful. They offer 10% back rewards so you are basically getting 10% off everything(food, range balls, pro shop, green fees, etc. ) I will be playing again.

Oak Tree GC, Plainfield, IN

Course in good shape for so early in the year and following the tough winter. Course staff friendly and accommodating. Played as a two-some. No pressure. Finished 18 holes in 4 hours. Enjoyable time. Will definitely come back again. Staff was complimentary to GolfNow.

cold but playable

One really nice benefit was the golf cart cover at no additional charge, very nice. The tee boxes were closed due to the weather. We had an enjoyable round and will be back.

Indianapolis, Indiana