Wood Wind Golf Club

Year Built 1972
Architect Gary Kern (1972) Ron Kern (1972)

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Wood Wind Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Last one

Couldn’t pass on 50 plus day middle of Nov. course in best shape in last several yrs.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Commented on 10/31/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Wood Wind Golf Club!

after getting over 2 inches of rain the day before, and battling 20 mph cross winds, WoodWind was a strong challenge and in great shape. Friendly staff and I am looking forward to future rounds!

Commented on 10/31/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Wood Wind Golf Club.

Great layout for money

Played course after 1 inch rain the day before. Course drained very well. The layout was fantastic, challenging all types of golfers. The greens had recently been aerated and with time they will roll well. Only complaint was the placement of some of the holes on the greens. Had a couple placements on horrible slopes making putting next to impossible. Those however are easily addressed. Course is also tough to trace and find the next holes, especially for newbies. Identification of holes could be better. Very good experience and well worth my time to play. Would certainly go back, and recommend to others!

Casual Sunday Stroll

Played a morning/afternoon round after a night of heavy rain. Course was in great shape and not many soggy areas. Bunkers had water as expected, but don’t hit them there...Overall not a very difficult course. Fairly open layout let’s you tee it high and let it fly on many holes with little risk. Would recommend and look forward to playing again.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Thank you for your review, Tanner. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wood Wind Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/31/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Wood Wind Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good course

Except for some of the sand bunkers, the course was in excellent condition. fairways were close to perfect and the greens were very good. Very much worth the price.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Well kept

Greens were fairly fast and firm. Would like sand to be less hard packed around greens. Beauty fairways. Great value for money.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi Dan. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Wood Wind Golf Club.

Wow! What an improvement!

It's been many years since I last played Wood Wind, and I cannot believe the difference. The greens are in marvelous shape - and fasssssst! The staff was very friendly.I think it's the best golf value in Central Indiana. Like The Terminator, I'll be back - and bring my friends, too.

Fun course!

Course was a little short, but had some difficult greens to make up for it! A couple of the hole transitions were confusing for first timers. Staff was friendly and helpful as well. Great course overall!

Commented on 09/20/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Wood Wind Golf Club thanks you!

Needs Attention!

Don't know if all the construction is to blame but the course has a lot of areas that seem neglected. Many of the sand traps are just dirt with lots of pebbles/rocks. Lots of crabgrass and weeds. Cartpaths are deteriorating and need some attention. Last few times we have played there we saw ZERO maintenance people anywhere on the course. Will have to wait and see what the new holes are like next season. The short game practice area looks nice but the removal of the driving range is sad. Paying to hit balls into a net is a joke,.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, rcglfr1010. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the current conditions and construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Wood Wind Golf Club.

Right in the middle of our round they started a girls high school golf match. A shotgun start on several of the holes with no notification from the clubhouse that they would be starting right in front of us. We weren’t even able to play all the holes in our round. Very disappointing

This course fun to play

The course was very well maintained. It has GPS in carts. There was a snack/drink cart that came around. The clubhouse had some good options to choose from in the snack bar. the staff was very polite and friendly. I will play there again.

Commented on 09/05/2019

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Wood Wind Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Meh.

Drove up to Westfield to play this course. Greeted with a small net as their “warm up area” - no range. $5 to hit balls into a net is your warmup. Practice putting area was tiny and not well managed and only had 3 practice holes to putt at with about 6 people already on it. Needless to say, I wasn’t thrilled with the warm up.
Luckily, I played pretty decent and the course had some good looking holes after you get past #5. It was really busy and the holes wind back and forth over each other so about once a hole you hear “FOUR!” as a ball wizzes close to your cart.
If you find a deal and can’t play anywhere else, it’s a decent course. But if you live anywhere more than 10-15 minutes away, I wouldn’t make the trip.

Nice quiet morning

WoodWind is a nice easy course with good GPS information and greens that are pretty well maintained. The course was nearly wide open, so our foursome played at our own pace and probably took too long, but never had anyone waiting on us. I would have liked more visible water stations and trash cans. The cart came around with drinks and snacks three times and that was perfect. I hope to play here again very soon.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Commented on 08/09/2019

Very good course

Played Woodwind for the first time in many years. Course was in better than average condition for our recent dry conditions. Couldn’t stay long, but played 15 holes in three hours, so pace was quick. I’ll go back soon.

Commented on 08/09/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Wood Wind Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Request A Vacation Quote From Hamilton County
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Hamilton County will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.