Formerly known as LaFayette Elks Country Club.

West Lafayette Golf and Country Club

Year Built 1975

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Enjoyable from Senior Tees

I used to hate this course because of a couple very funky holes and being very tight from the men's tees. But since I've started playing from the senior tees I have enjoyed it much more. A few of the holes were just impossible for me from the men's tees because of the length and the narrowness of the fairways, but are much more do-able from the senior tees. The management has put a lot of money into improving the course conditions, with a complete rebuilding of most of the sand traps. The greens are fast but mostly fair with a couple exceptions (I still hate #11 and #13, and # 3 is borderline). There are a variety of holes, although the course is mostly tight with trees on both sides on most holes. I only play here on Golf Now Hot Deals now, because the rack rate is higher than nearby courses that are nicer and this course does not offer any senior rates. The driving range fees are ridiculous, $6 or $7 for what would only suffice for a quick warm-up. The practice green is one of the most sloped practice greens I've ever seen, which makes it very hard to get a good feel for the speed, because every putt is either severely uphill or downhill. But I still enjoy a round here frequently when I can get a Golf Now Hot Deal.

Very nice & well maintained layout...

Got a great $$ on GN Hot Deals (for a mid AM Sat tee time) and when we showed up the whole staff and especially the Pro could not have been nicer and more accommodating to us!!
To start -- they have nice, new and spotless clean golf carts!!
The course is well marked, never had to "hunt" for a yardage marker. Par 3 tee boxes are very well marked. Most holes have generous fairways, the rough was def something to avoid. Good variety of holes-- not always just grabbing a driver, it takes some thought to play. Course management is a premium as some fairways and greens have significant slope to them. Greens rolled perfect and the bunkers had just the right amount of sand.
All in all a very nice facility. I live almost 2 hours away and would happily make the drive again to play this course.
Bravo to the whole staff at WLGCC!!

Fun Time!

Had a fun time playing the course this time it was in great shape and pace of play was outstanding

WLGCC

Course is well maintained overall, however some of the greens could use water and are brown. Nice carts and practice facility. If they could open the pool I would join this club.

Warming Up to This Course

I used to hate this course when I played it from the regular men's tees. Some very long par 4's and some very scary tee shots. But as I've turned 65 I started playing it from the senior tees and I had a lot more fun. Most of the yardage chopped off is on the long-long par 4's and par 5's that become much more do-able. There are still two pretty crazy holes, 13 and 15 that could use some remodeling to make them fairer. The greens are cut short and kept quite fast, which means that sometimes the ball marks leave quite a bit of damage, but the course is generally in good shape this year. All the traps were rebuilt last year and are in great shape. There are some pretty crazily sloped greens here (3, 10, 11, 13) that recall the TV commentators' advice: "Oh, you just CAN'T leave yourself above the hole on this green." I wish they offered some more discount times on GolfNow too: I paid the member's guest price, which is much more reasonable than the public walk-up price.

A challenge

The course was in great condition. It is a woodland course with some very narrow fairways. All too easy to be blocked by trees. The greens are very slick and there are no flat putts anywhere. In my opinion the greens are an unfair challenge.

Nice improvements!

Very happy how well kept the course is. Great improvements. Thanks for all the efforts. Rates are a bit higher for me but the specials are great.

A Surprising Joy

The course has a bit of everything, from high quality golf carts, to the beautiful fairways, to the excellent and varied greens. Narrow fairways on three holes are followed by a few expansive forgiving ones. The same is true of the greens. Some holes have large greens while others are small, but each performed as you'd expect, a soft bounce and Smooth rolling.

Good Time

We enjoyed playing this course. It was well kept and fairly challenging.

West Lafayette Golf and Country Club

Great day. Got off early, before the morning crowds. Finished 18 in three hours. Unfortunately, I found that the sand bunkers were well maintained. Course is well cared for, staff is friendly, but the rates are little high for this area.

Decent Course

I have a range pass at this since it's only 3/4 of a mile from my house. O.K. track, but I'm not really fond of playing it.

Unbelievably Bad Attitude and Unrespecting Staff at WLGCC

Today I was shouted and threatened by the person who claimed that he was running the course. We booked the tee time to play at 1:08pm today on Golf Now. We were there half hour early. They did not let us start right away even though no one was starting to play between 12:30pm to 1:02pm. We just waited on the side for half hour. Suddenly 3 groups showed up when it was our tee time to start. I ran into the club house to ask if we could start to play, the staff shouted at me: “The groups there were late, you have to wait. If not, I’m going call Golf Now, refund your money and you are not welcome to play here. This course is a family course, I let you play you can play, I do not want you to play here then you can’t play…” I did nothing wrong, just book a tee time at a very good price on Golf Now! I start to play golf this year. I was planning to purchase a membership next year because the course is very close to my home. Too bad!

Unbelievably Bad Attitude and Unrespecting Staff at WLGCC

Today I was shouted and threatened by the person who claimed that he was running the course. We booked the tee time to play at 1:08pm today on Golf Now. We were there half hour early. They didn't let us start right away even though no one was starting play between 12:37pm to 1:06pm. We just waited on the side for half hour. Suddenly 4 groups showed up when it was our tee time to start. I ran into the club house to ask if we could start to play,the staff shouted at me: "the groups there were late,you have to wait.if not, I'm going call Golf Now,refund your money and you are not welcome to play here. This course is a family course, I let you play you can play, I don't want you to play here then you can't play..." I did nothing wrong. Just book a tee time at a good price on Golf Now! I just start to play golf this year. I was planning to purchase a membership next year because the course is very close to my home. TOO BAD!

Lafayette, Indiana