1.9

Formerly known as West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Valley of the Moon Club

Year Built 1964
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1964)

Dress code Collared Shirt, No Cutoffs, Denim OK

Snacks, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Old Oakmont West

There were several places in and near the fairway which had turned brown. Greens were kind of bumpy. Pace of play was excellent.

Valley of the Moon very nice

We played the round in 3 hours, for us it was a new record, course is good shape but very dry. Sprinklers were on, on some of the holes. Staff very friendly.

New ownership needs to step it up

After this course was closed for several months (concurrent to but not related to COVID) when it reopened I looked forward to seeing what the new owners had done on the course during closure.
The result, unfortunately, is apparently nothing at all! Not only were there no improvements, the course was in the WORST shape I've ever seen it!
The restaurant & proshop are both closed for renovations, so there are zero amenities available. Don't show up needing golf balls or refreshments either!
I don't think I'll return to the former Oakmont for several months to let them get more work done. The only thing I can positively say they've done in the last several months is change the name of the courses! So on top of the rest, now you have to remember the new names to make sure you're booking the right course!

No customer service

The course did not have my reservation on file. They said they accepted golfnow bookings as of yesterday but not 6 days ago when I booked it. This was for Father’s Day and they wouldn’t work with us to make something work. I barely play and after telling me he had a two some he could fit us in with he said he couldn’t do 5 players. Very disappointed that they were on golf now to make a reservation then admitted it wasn’t working, and did nothing to make it right.

A Step Backward

I have played this course dozens of times and always love the wildlife on the course and layout of the course. Course conditions always used to be good, too, but haven taken a big step backward under the new ownership. I understand there was likely a period between owners when the course was not receiving much maintenance, but when it was deemed ready to reopen it should not have still had weed gardens in bunkers and caution tape around the stairs to each tee box. The greens are also very grainy now, likely from weed growth. I understand it will take time to reopen the pro shop and restaurant and can do without those for a while. And, with the reasonable rates charged, I can handle grainy greens for a summer. But, there is no reason not to have the bunkers clean and raked.

Unfortunatly Golf Now is not covered on this course

When I got to the course with 2 friends, I was told that our reservation was not covered under on golf now ($77). They said they did not have a contract with golf now. But the staff gave us a good rate and a new reservation. The next day I talked to a golf now rep. (very nice guy) and he said that they would refund my $77. The next day the money was refunded. I would like to say what a 1st class golf now organization is. Thanks Golf Now!

Concerned

Was told that the ownership had contacted golf now that they weren’t taking golf now reservations at this time! So we didn’t have a reservation that golfnow said I had. Cost was $15 per golfer higher and we had to wait until they could fit us in! Needless to say I was not happy and very confused!!!

Course is closed!

This course is closed and being prepped for sale. Not sure why it is showing in listings with available tee times.

Commented on 05/06/2020

I live on this course near the 12th tee. They've been maintaining it (watering and mowing) but until today 5/6/20 it was closed. I walked it today. Pins are in place, tee boxes are ready, and the driving range and practice putting green were operational. You can only book online and payment is only available by credit card. I person to a cart and no more than two bags per cart. No rental clubs and other than restrooms, no food & beverage service. Put it does appear to be operational.

Non-existent round

With most of California shutdown for coronavirus precautions, there have been a few courses opening up using social distancing precautions (no carts, no rakes in the bunkers, etc). I thought I had found one, that I actually like playing and is very walkable.
Booked the tee time (hot deal, no less!) and headed out on Sunday morning. THE COURSE IS SHUTDOWN! Not coronavirus shutdown, but closed for the long haul. Found that out when I arrived to an empty parking lot, empty pro shop (all merchandise gone) and closed restaurant. I knew the course was in the process of being sold, but had also heard it was opening for a day here and there without a regular schedule. It appears the course is being maintained (waiting on the sale??). I guess my question is how were these tee times even posted or available if the course was closed?

Commented on 05/06/2020

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hello, Jbranconi. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing West at Oakmont Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Fun day on the course

We had a good on the course, threesome in front of us was very slow, but enjoyed the day. Staff very friendly and great value for the money.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hi johnh1530. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Excellent course

Course in excellent shape, staff always very friendly, conditions perfect.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, johnh1530! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Oakmont Review

Staff was helpful, got us out earlier at our request.
Recommend play to other players.
Only negative issue, fairways are not in good shape, end of season blues?. Greens are in great shape.

Course has suffered

Nicely laid out course but has suffered since the last time we played. The greens do not run true, very dry making it difficult to putt,, fairways are cut very short and have lots of bare spots. Sand traps are dried out sand and you cannot play out of them as it is like playing off concrete, and of course most of the water hazards didn't have water in them. Is an empty water hazard considered ground under repair if you hit into it? I know the region is in a drought so hopefully when the rains finally come, the course will green up.
We followed a foresome of seniors who were very slow and wouldn't let us play through. We finally skipped a hole just to get past them. From there on the round went very quickly,
Service and food in the clubhouse after the round was excellent - try the Nachos!!!

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi, u000003259871. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing West at Oakmont Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, u780609768. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello, eagarcia. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Bad Experience

Pace was really slow so we quit after 9 holes.

Pro shop were not very accommodating. Called us out as being discriminatory because we complained about the pace. They should have informed us when we check in that the ladies club was teeing off before us so we would have had a choice to play or go somewhere else.

Commented on 10/11/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi asemel. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Very nice course

Nice Course, good lay out, challenging, very nice staff, always a pleasure to play Oakmont.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for your review, johnh1530. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at West at Oakmont Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rohnert Park, California