West at Oakmont Golf Club

Yellow 72 5573 yards 67.1 118
Yellow (W) 72 5573 yards 71.7 124
Forward 72 3719 yards
Scorecard for Oakmont West
Blue M: 70.8/130 352 403 477 360 213 343 463 145 365 3121 481 352 384 173 384 537 145 399 403 3258 6379
White M: 69.7/124 W: 75.0/134 330 387 456 342 198 330 453 136 327 2959 469 335 375 147 371 521 127 381 374 3100 6059
Yellow M: 67.0/121 W: 72.0/127 298 321 424 326 170 302 443 122 296 2702 436 319 361 113 340 487 107 356 352 2871 5573
Red W: 61.5/105 214 182 273 233 110 222 286 90 200 1810 309 221 201 97 202 337 67 237 238 1909 3719

Year Built 1964
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1964)

Carts Yes - $16

Dress code Collared Shirt, No Cutoffs, Denim OK

West at Oakmont Golf Club
Commented On 2019-01-08T20:06:59.000+00:00

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 12/19/2018:
Thanks for playing Oakmont Golf Club again, John! We're thrilled you gave us another chance and the pace of play was good. Hope to see you again soon!

Not Bad

I played this course for the first time while on vacation. Given the time of year the course was in pretty decent condition, though far from pristine. The greens were in good shape, which is the most important to me. I played on a cold and windy day, but no rain. I rode in a cart given it was 90 degrees and rain was in the forecast. I was hoping to speed around since hardly anyone was on the course.

I played the front nine with a member and we played in about 80 minutes. The course has some challenging holes and makes you think off the tee. Definitely helps to have a yardage book or a member with you as there are some weird tee shots.

My partner quit at the turn and I played the back alone. I encountered two groups of twosomes walking and they let me play right through. However, on #15 I caught up to three women who were walking. It is a par 5, so I waited on my tee shot, second shot, and approach. The next hole is a par 3 and I drove up to the tee as they were teeing off. They never ONCE offered to let me play through. I almost drove around them, but figured I paid to play and they should let me go through on 16. Nope. Surely they'll let me play through on 17. Nope. I waited on them for 4 holes without them ever seeming to consider letting me play through. I know singles don't always get the benefit, but when that single is in a cart on a day with few golfers, let them through! I played the first 14 holes in just under 2 hours and took me over an hour to finish the last 4 holes. By myself. In a cart.

Because of this, I don't think I would go back.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 12/08/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal during your round. Please call 707-539-9215 x228 and ask for Heather to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

The pace of play was slow, we had to pass the very slow 4 some so didn't play the entire 18 holes. The 4 some (4 walking seniors) did not offer to let us play through so we jumped past their hole and continued.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 12/04/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, John. We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal during your round. Please call 707-539-9215 x228 and ask for Heather to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Great Day

weather was perfect...about 70 with no wind and plenty of sunshine. Tee'd off at 1145...done by 315. Played with a twosome who were retired and good sports. Layout was neither too challenging nor too easy. Used all the clubs in the bag. We drove up from Contra Costa County to play and enjoyed ourselves. Greens were recently punched and a little bumpy but playable. Fairways were mostly good condiditon with a few over watered spots. If I ht a good shot, I was rewarded and if I hit a poor one I had to scramble...but was never out of the hole. All in all, nice day, good course, had fun.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 11/16/2018:
Thanks for making the drive up here to play Oakmont Golf Club! We're glad you enjoyed our golf course and had beautiful weather to go along with it. Come back soon! Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

Great Day of Golf

The course was in great shape and the staff was friendly.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 11/09/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our great course conditions and friendly staff. Come back soon!

Ok course to play considering!

This course is normally a fun course to play. However, we were never informed that the greens were sanded and punched. So a few stars were taken off because of that. The pace of play was also slow. Not sure I would come back on a weekend to play it in the future.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 11/07/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication regarding the recently aerated greens. We hope you'll consider giving us another try soon!

NOVEMBER 2018

For November time, it was a perfect day. A little windy, but it is always a little windy at Oakmont.

Finally shot me an 80 on the west. Overall good day, good course with some pretty good food.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 11/06/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, Wilson. We appreciate your positive feedback and congratulations on finally shooting an 80 on the West course. Time to start working towards 70. Come back soon!
Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 10/30/2018:
Thanks for the 5-star rating and review, John! Come back soon.

SLOW

The round was one of the slowest I can remember. We followed a women’s league that we were told was slowed by 3 men’s foursomes, who were 80+ years old. I would not play it again.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 11/06/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club. We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal during your round. Please call 707-539-9215 x228 and ask for Heather to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

I've played this course about 5 times this month. I really like the course.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 10/25/2018:
Wow! Thanks for playing 5 times this month. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review and give us a 4-star rating. There's still time to play 6 rounds this month at Oakmont. See you again soon!

The course has great features

Always a good test. Green’s were great. Fairways not bad.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 10/02/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, Bob! We appreciate you taking the time to share this 4-star review and kind words regarding our greens. Come back soon!

Nice course great price

Very pleasant, good staff, great deal, course in good condition.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 09/26/2018:
Awesome! Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, John. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words about your round with us. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

Tough greens

This is a well maintained course with tricky greens. Beware of several of the greens have false fronts. # 9 has a tricky drop off on the left that you cannot see from the fairway. Most of the greens look like there is more break in the putts than there actually is. Some of the downhill putts are really fast. I started alone at 11:30 and finished at 2:30. And that is only because it backed up a bit on the back 9. Good value for the money.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 08/23/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate you taking the time to share some helpful tips for any golfers who haven't played our course yet. We're glad to hear you were able to play a full round in about 3 hours, that's always great! Book another tee time with us soon.

Good local course

The course is basically flat, with water on a few holes. Greens are in good shape and roll true. All greens have slope built in them to add a little more challenge to the course.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 08/21/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding the condition of the greens and how the undulations made the course a little more challenging. Come back again soon!

Nice old course

Nice older course, relatively short, not too much trouble to get into.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our golf course as well as give us a 4-star rating. Be sure to book another tee time with us soon.

Great conditions @ Oakmont West

Got a great deal ($34 w/cart) from GolfNow. Course is in great condition from tees to greens. Our foursome played in less than four hours (on a Sunday afternoon). There was no on-course beverage cart, but the restaurant/bar is top notch. Staff is always friendly and appreciative of your business.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 08/08/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding our course conditions, restaurant, and friendly staff. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials. Come back soon.

Good value

We had a 12:24 start and we got started right on time. The course was in very good condition. They have a grass driving range and a nice green to practice short pitch and chip shots. Greens were in excellent shape and were fairly quick. Bunkers were in good shape, Unfortunately I was in too many but I did manage a sandy par on 18. It was a warm day (mid 80's) and not very busy at all. Finished the round in 3 1/2 hours. Great!

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Thanks for playing Oakmont Golf Club! Sounds like you had a great day out here on the course. We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions and we're glad to hear the pace of play moved along smoothly. Come back again soon! Hopefully you'll stay out of the bunkers next time.

Challenging greens

The fairways could stand mowing in some spots but the greens are another issue--good condition and challenging. There are no flat greens. Your ability to read greens is called into question on every hole. This was a very enjoyable experience.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 07/26/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding our challenging and well-maintained greens. We're glad to hear you had a very enjoyable experience and we hope to see you out here again soon!
Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 07/25/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back to Oakmont Golf Club again soon.
Rohnert Park, California
Rohnert Park, California
Saint Helena, California
Sonoma, California
Calistoga, California
Petaluma, California

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2019 - Apr 21, 2019
Get a head start on Spring and experience true southern hospitality with championship golf and charming villas in beautiful South Carolina Lowcountry with the Spring Getaway.