Oakmont Golf Club - West Course
Yellow 72 5573 yards 67.1 118
Yellow (W) 72 5573 yards 71.7 124
Forward 72 3719 yards
Scorecard for Oakmont West
Blue M: 70.8/130 352 403 477 360 213 343 463 145 365 3121 481 352 384 173 384 537 145 399 403 3258 6379
White M: 69.7/124 W: 75.0/134 330 387 456 342 198 330 453 136 327 2959 469 335 375 147 371 521 127 381 374 3100 6059
Yellow M: 67.0/121 W: 72.0/127 298 321 424 326 170 302 443 122 296 2702 436 319 361 113 340 487 107 356 352 2871 5573
Red W: 61.5/105 214 182 273 233 110 222 286 90 200 1810 309 221 201 97 202 337 67 237 238 1909 3719

Year Built 1964
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1964)

Carts Yes - $16

Dress code Collared Shirt, No Cutoffs, Denim OK

Great layout

This course has all the challenge that you need. Every hole has character and enjoyment. Nice pace of play.

Commented On 07/19/2019

Thank you for visiting us at West at Oakmont Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Challenging without being hard

Oakmont WEST has a couple pretty difficult holes, several more that require accuracy off the tee with some local knowledge where to put it, and in all honesty, several that are just plain ol nothing special holes.
Most of the Par 5s call for less than Driver off the tee, as they have water hazards crossing the fairway and/or a dogleg. That isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the 2nd shots are demanding.
The greens are no picnic here, you have to stay below the hole. I like the challenge to accuracy off the tee at Oakmont WEST (I stress West because there's an East course that's an executive track I booked accidentally- Golf Now fixed it for me. Thanks Golf Now!)
This course does wind through a neighborhood, so don't expect much in the way of scenery here, although the Mayacamas are just a bit to the east so there's SOMETHING to look at besides people's homes!

Commented On 06/21/2019

Hi schreibee. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome detailed feedback such as yours for improvement. Thank you for playing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Good Value for the money

This was my first time to play the course and had some problems as to where to place the ball in the fairways.. The greens was not so good in condition as the ball dribbled in some of the greens during putting.

Commented On 06/17/2019

Hi arevir71. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

This course is in excellent shape.

I always enjoy playing Oakmont West. It's always a challenge for me but fun.

Commented On 06/11/2019

John, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Thank you for your 4-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Course conditions

the greens are exceptionally hard. They need to be punched to get some water or they will be lost in the summer

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 05/15/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club. Your feedback is much appreciated. Come back soon!

Oakmont has seen better days !!!!

I have been playing here for 20 years and it is getting worse and worse each year. I understand it is up for sale !!! The greens are in poor shape considering it is spring time. There are no yardage markers except for some 150 yard pole markers. No distance on the sprinkler heads. Those are long gone. The markers in the middle of the fairways are there but so old that you cannot read them. I only play here because it is a short drive otherwise I would not waste my time.. Pace of play can be very slow but other times you can play 18 in 3 1/2 hours. There are so many other better courses I would leave this one for last !!!

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 05/15/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club. We're sorry to hear you feel this way but your feedback is much appreciated. Our maintenance crew is working very hard to provide the best course conditions possible and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.
Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 05/15/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club. We're sorry you decided not to play the last hole of your round. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Callenging

Great design makes this course play more difficult than you might think. Small greens with lots of slope and false fronts strategicly placed traps. Greens are good right now.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 05/21/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, Thomas! Your kind words regarding our course layout and the condition of the greens are much appreciated. Come back for another round soon!

Needs improvement

I usually like playing this course; however, this round was an exception. The fairways and greens are in good condition, but the bunkers and rough were in very poor condition. The sand in the bunkers did not exist. Lots of weeds and very hard pan sand. Couldn't get under the ball. The rough was thicker than usual, probably due to the very wet winter we just got over. I'm hoping the maintenance of the course will improve over the next few weeks and the next time I play here I can post a more favorable review.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 04/30/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club again! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding the course conditions. Our maintenance crew is working very hard and we appreciate you taking notice of the fairways and greens being in good condition. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fun track but greens are rough

Really enjoyed the round. Took me about 4 holes to realize the grin outdoors not hold many shots and they are in pretty tough shape. Bouncing instead of rolling putts was the norm. They admit it I still winter conditions and there virtually no sand in the bunkers...mostly weeds. But I didn’t hit into any of them.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 04/24/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, Marty! We're glad to hear you really enjoyed your round. Our maintenance crew is working very hard on a daily basis to get the course in the best shape possible. We hope you come back again soon!

Course is recovering

From weeks of rains to sunshine means fast growing grass. This course as others are striving to keep up with maintenance.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 04/24/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, Marty! Your feedback is much appreciated and our maintenance crew is working very hard to keep the course in the best condition possible. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Plays Once a year
Commented On 04/11/2019

We appreciate your 4-star rating. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Best Conditions I have seen this winter

The course is in fantastic shape didn't lose one ball. Greens are in the best shape that I have seen in a long time and fast. Oakmont please don't sell this Course. Played Foxtail a day earlier and lost 10 balls but I found 20.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 03/26/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club, John! Your positive feedback regarding the condition of the greens is much appreciated. We hope to see you out here again soon!

still a little wet some more mowing needed

Course fairways are in good shape but the rough still needs mowing in a lot of places. This is because it is still wet in a lot of these areas. Greens are in good shape and fast like normal. Course was cart path only today because there is still some wet area.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 03/18/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear you had a 4-star overall experience. As the course continues to dry out we hope you join us for another round soon!
Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 02/21/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a 4-star rating. Next time you're visiting the area be sure to stop by for another round.

January in Nor Cal

Considering it is January, the round was mostly great. Pace of play was somewhat slow, but the weather was fantastic. Wet in some spots, but mostly excellent. Greens were very good. Did not find out the restaurant opened at 11:00 am until we arrived at 10:20 am. Apparently there are winter hours. First time I have heard of this.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 01/31/2019:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We're glad to hear you had a great round. We apologize if you didn't know ahead of time regarding the winter hours at the restaurant. We hope you come back soon. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Commented On 01/08/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 12/19/2018:
Thanks for playing Oakmont Golf Club again, John! We're thrilled you gave us another chance and the pace of play was good. Hope to see you again soon!

Not Bad

I played this course for the first time while on vacation. Given the time of year the course was in pretty decent condition, though far from pristine. The greens were in good shape, which is the most important to me. I played on a cold and windy day, but no rain. I rode in a cart given it was 90 degrees and rain was in the forecast. I was hoping to speed around since hardly anyone was on the course.

I played the front nine with a member and we played in about 80 minutes. The course has some challenging holes and makes you think off the tee. Definitely helps to have a yardage book or a member with you as there are some weird tee shots.

My partner quit at the turn and I played the back alone. I encountered two groups of twosomes walking and they let me play right through. However, on #15 I caught up to three women who were walking. It is a par 5, so I waited on my tee shot, second shot, and approach. The next hole is a par 3 and I drove up to the tee as they were teeing off. They never ONCE offered to let me play through. I almost drove around them, but figured I paid to play and they should let me go through on 16. Nope. Surely they'll let me play through on 17. Nope. I waited on them for 4 holes without them ever seeming to consider letting me play through. I know singles don't always get the benefit, but when that single is in a cart on a day with few golfers, let them through! I played the first 14 holes in just under 2 hours and took me over an hour to finish the last 4 holes. By myself. In a cart.

Because of this, I don't think I would go back.

Response from Oakmont Golf Club on 12/08/2018:
Thank you for playing Oakmont Golf Club! We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal during your round. Please call 707-539-9215 x228 and ask for Heather to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.
Rohnert Park, California