Oakmont Golf Club - West Course

Year Built 1964
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1964)

Carts Yes - $16

Dress code Collared Shirt, No Cutoffs, Denim OK

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hello, Jbranconi. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing West at Oakmont Golf Club. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Fun day on the course

We had a good on the course, threesome in front of us was very slow, but enjoyed the day. Staff very friendly and great value for the money.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hi johnh1530. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Excellent course

Course in excellent shape, staff always very friendly, conditions perfect.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, johnh1530! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Oakmont Review

Staff was helpful, got us out earlier at our request.
Recommend play to other players.
Only negative issue, fairways are not in good shape, end of season blues?. Greens are in great shape.

Course has suffered

Nicely laid out course but has suffered since the last time we played. The greens do not run true, very dry making it difficult to putt,, fairways are cut very short and have lots of bare spots. Sand traps are dried out sand and you cannot play out of them as it is like playing off concrete, and of course most of the water hazards didn't have water in them. Is an empty water hazard considered ground under repair if you hit into it? I know the region is in a drought so hopefully when the rains finally come, the course will green up.
We followed a foresome of seniors who were very slow and wouldn't let us play through. We finally skipped a hole just to get past them. From there on the round went very quickly,
Service and food in the clubhouse after the round was excellent - try the Nachos!!!

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi, u000003259871. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing West at Oakmont Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, u780609768. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello, eagarcia. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Bad Experience

Pace was really slow so we quit after 9 holes.

Pro shop were not very accommodating. Called us out as being discriminatory because we complained about the pace. They should have informed us when we check in that the ladies club was teeing off before us so we would have had a choice to play or go somewhere else.

Commented on 10/11/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Hi asemel. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Very nice course

Nice Course, good lay out, challenging, very nice staff, always a pleasure to play Oakmont.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Thank you for your review, johnh1530. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at West at Oakmont Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Outstanding course in the heart of Wine Country

This gem of a golf course is a little known treasure! It is located in the heart of Sonoma County with Trione-Annadel State Park and Hood Mountain on either side. The course is expertly maintained with holes that will challenge players of all skill levels. Pace of play is gentle, and the pro shop is professionally staffed and stocked. You won't find a better value for your money in this idyllic location!

Commented on 09/09/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, treeranger. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Nice morning round!

Nice morning round on a Sunday in 4 hours. Very nice greens and well kept fairway Pleasant staff. I would play again!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Randal1318193, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Oakmont West Summer Round

Overall a very challenging golf course. I played from the white tees. It was plenty challenging. If I putted better I would’ve broke 90. The fairway ways could definitely use some better grass - lots of bare spots and had to hit off of hard pan occasionally. All in all though a pleasant round of golf for the money.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Hi markr350. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing West at Oakmont Golf Club.

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hello, johnh1530. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

Excellent round of Golf

We had a great time of golf, except for my score. But the Staff (David) is always excellent. Pace of play was excellent. Course was in very good shape. I also want to Thank all the Oakmont Residence for supporting the golf course. You will always have me and my friends support.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, johnh1530! Although the score wasn't what you wanted to be we are glad that the staff was great, the pace was fast, and the course was in good shape! We'll see you next time! Thanks for playing Oakmont!

Hope they get the course back to what it was

This is the first time I played the course and was sad to see it in the shape it was in. I love Oakmont, it’s a decent layout and the greens were always in good shape, until today. The greens are rough to say the least. They are shaggy, slow and will not hold a line. Putts change direction when they please and it costs you strokes. The fairways are not much better. They are uncut and there is a lot of dry bare patches mixed in with swampy lush areas. The only thing I will say is, the price is right. It’s the best deal when it comes to prices on the weekend but don’t expect great course conditions right now. I hope the course can be sold to a management group that brings it back to what it used to be, we can’t afford to lose another course in our area!!!

Commented on 08/23/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. We take course conditions seriously and its something we are always working to improve. We are happy to hear that our pricing is competitive, as one of our goals is to enable golfers to golf more. Thanks for visiting West at Oakmont Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

This used to be a high-quality course

The greens used to be the pride of the course, they'd boast about them on the website and post the Stimp rating for the greens. Now they greens have gotten mossy, patchy and uneven. They still roll mostly true but this is a far cry from the quality of the course just a few short years ago.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hello gbuce. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes to get back to the greens that you enjoy. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi John8363783. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (707) 539-0415 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at West at Oakmont Golf Club!

A return

I haven’t played the West course for quite a few years. At one time I was a member, and played quite frequently. It was very interesting coming back to this course after so many years; it has definitely deteriorated to a degree. I thought the greens, were not what they once were. I know Oakmont has gone through a difficult time trying to decide on what they want to do with this beautiful golf track. I am hopeful that the Oakmont group takes on once more the maintenance and the restoration of this beautiful golf course. I still enjoyed myself very much today; and hopeful that once again the sails of golf can be filled with hope.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review, Rkeith17135. We will pass along your positive experience and your concern for our golf course at West at Oakmont Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rohnert Park, California
Rohnert Park, California
Saint Helena, California
Sonoma, California
Calistoga, California
Petaluma, California

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.
Featured Content