Dub's Dread Golf Club

Championship 72 6993 yards 73.8 133
Middle 72 6483 yards 70.9 127
Forward 72 5474 yards 70.4 113
Scorecard for Dubs Dread Golf Club
Black M: 75.1/129 515 410 446 216 382 467 550 204 418 3608 362 234 547 420 444 409 212 555 433 3616 7224
Blue M: 72.7/132 491 367 420 189 351 427 535 174 381 3335 344 190 530 358 425 361 185 518 415 3326 6661
White M: 70.7/127 W: 76.9/135 465 338 328 161 325 417 513 149 365 3061 333 170 519 338 412 345 155 505 390 3167 6228
Red M: 67.4/121 W: 72.2/121 405 317 320 142 299 339 437 125 345 2729 325 150 400 278 306 323 134 419 357 2692 5421

Year Built 1962
Golf Season March 15 - October 31
Architect Bob Dunning

Plays Long 14

Great value - great history

This golf course is a great value and a fair challenge. The layout has lots of variety and some beautiful holes. I recommend that you pay particular attention to tee shot length into the several dog-leg holes. Most fairways are lined with beautiful old hardwoods and the rough can be penalizing (as it should be). I did not notice any fairway bunkers but there are a handful of penalty areas (water hazards) that come into play. The golf carts are newer and have USB ports and “Bluetooth” music (if you like that). The pro shop was well stocked and the snack bar had good (reasonably priced) options. If I lived nearby I would certainly come back again. Btw...the historical part is that Jack, & Arnold played Nelson & McSpDden in a fundraiser exhibition there in the late 1960’s.

Fast greens and great staff

Dub’s Dread was warm and inviting for my average play. The greens rolled true to the putting green and the fairways are nice are nice and lush. This course is a must play for anyone in the Kansas City area!

Beware of Ranger

I came down from Minneapolis with 3 friends for a golfing trip in the beginning of spring and this was the first course of three that we played that weekend. The course's winter rate was $42 with cart on a Saturday morning which was decent value, but when I called and made the tee time they never told me that they were not letting golfers tee off from some of the tee boxes and were using "temporary" teeing areas. Random spots in front of the normal tee box, even some out of the rough. We teed off on one of the par three tee boxes so we didn't have to play a 75 yd par three and someone called the ranger on us. So he proceeded to follow us around for the next 4 holes or so. Overall, the course was fine if you could play the normal tee boxes, but staff friendliness was non existent. Take your money elsewhere (shoal creek or tiffany greens).

Excellent

Had a great time with my friends everything went great !

Commented On 02/24/2016

We are thrilled to hear you all enjoyed your day! Thank you for coming out to play and your 5 star review. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Bad Timing, I Guess...

Dub's Dread is a decent course with apparently some pretty impressive historical events having happened here. This is an old-style, tree lined course that lends many non-flat lies and places an emphasis on shot making. I found this course to be OK. What was not OK was that on the day I played, every single tee was moved up to either the farthest front tee box or placed on some sort of temporary tee box that was even farther up. I was not warned of this before heading out and nearly (should have) just called it a day after playing #6 that comes by the clubhouse. I guess for the price it would be a good value if played from the normal tees, but I was just left with a bad taste in my mouth. I would play this course again if asked but won't go out of my way to make it out here again.

Commented On 02/26/2016

We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your day. We hope you'll give us another chance so you can enjoy your round with the tee boxes in the regular places.

Great fall round

Always a great track, lots of leaves, but they have been blowing and mulching leaves for three weeks. The greens held shots and smooth rolling. Fairways going dormient as they will this time of year is my only issue . It's a golfers course, styled shots will be rewarded, bombers beware! It's a must if you've never experienced the Dubs Dread challenge .

Commented On 11/13/2015

Thank you for the five-star review and we hope to see you again soon!

Monday golf is great

Weekday golf is wonderful. Played at Noon and nearly no one else out there. Course was in great shape. Staff was friendly and helpful. They have 5 tee boxes so set up for all levels of play. Lots of trees so some challenging shots if you get off the fairway. Will definitely come back.

Commented On 10/09/2015

Should we set up a standing Monday tee time for you? Glad to hear you had such a great time! Come back and see us again soon!

Poor weather

Courses HAVE TO tell people about aeration!

SO SICK AND TIRED of courses that do not tell people when the greens have been aerated...I guess that is why it was only $15 + the overcharge by GolfNow. WAY too many bad spots around the greens, and not the place to play if you prefer trying to play it down tee to green. So glad I paid under $20, but would NOT pay an more than that to play her in the near future!

Commented On 10/09/2015

We apologize if you were not made aware of the conditions. We do our very best to make sure all customers are aware - we even added notes to our online tee times stating that we had aerated. We hope you come back to see us soon as the greens are now fully healed.

Course was in phenomenal condition

I wanted to play a nice course as a treat for my brother who was coming in town to visit for the first time and Dub's Dread did not disappoint. I booked for the online rate and was worth every penny. The course was in excellent shape and the operations of the staff were conducted professionally.

Commented On 10/02/2015

Thank you so much for picking our track to share with your brother and we are thrilled to hear you all had such an enjoyable day! Come on back again soon!

Love the old school layout

2nd time playing this course. I've only been in KC for a year...but this old school layout is truly one of the best I've played. Course gives you several different looks and the greens run fast and true. No gimmicks here...love it!!!

Commented On 09/24/2015

Thanks for the excellent review and for recommending our course! We are thrilled to hear how much you like the course and we hope you return again soon.

overall variety

Very fun course. Lots of variety in shot shaping and controlling your ball flight. Course plays very long for the shorter hitters. I would not recommend this course for new golfers. Overall 4 stars and a fun course to play

Commented On 09/11/2015

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we hope you get the chance to come play again soon.

A gem of a course

Dubs Dread is an excellent course that becomes even better when the price is factored in. While challenging a golfer to move the ball both directions off the tee it is still a fair setup, You will not shoot your best round at Dubs but will come away feeling an appreciation for the experience. They are always running specials for the value conscious golfer. All things considered, one of, if not the best value in the area.

Commented On 09/11/2015

Thank you for the kind words. You described us as a 'gem of a course' and we would have to describe this as a 'gem of a review'! We hope to see you again soon!

Good Value

Great layout and goid condition. Goid value for the price.

Commented On 08/14/2015

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon!

Featured

Great track

What a special treat yesterday morning. My 14 year old son and I had a morning to kill and I had heard rumor of this North Kansas City course. Great fun. It has a little bit of everything. Doglegs, water, big trees, elevation change. You can play it back to make it hard but it is a very fair test. Greens ran true and we're in great shape. All in all, would play it again if one as back in KC. AWESOME FUN!!

Commented On 07/31/2015

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are glad that you and your son had such a wonderful time with us and we surely hope you will return if you are ever back in the area!

Long course, tight fairways.

This course in a historical course, played by the greats. Course plays long (used to be the longest in the USA). Tight tree lined fairways can get you in trouble off the tee if you are not hitting good but can pay off if you are hitting good. Can be a little pricey but worth a shot every once in a while. A few force carries, tricky holes and pin positions. You have to play this course at least once if in the area.

Good experience

First time I have played this course. Actually stumbled upon it looking for another course. Played only the back 9 due to time issues with my family but was able to get on and play a quick mini round. Somehow got talked into playing the tips and didnt get too beat up. It has all you want and more. The fairways were in excellent shape with the ball sitting up clean. The greens were a little used and abused but I am guessing it saw its fair amount.of play from the number of spike marks left. Overall great course!

Great place to have fun

Got a great deal on golf now. Was a hot day so the course wasn't super busy just a handful of die hards like me. Playing well makes everything better. Clubhouse staff was great. Grounds crew were working hard to hand water the greens on a hot day. The course makes you have to use many different shots. I especially liked the mature trees and appreciated that they were limbed up so if you strayed a shot off, you aren't always stuck without an opening. I play golf to have fun, I had great fun.

Basehor, Kansas