Cochiti Golf Club

Scorecard for Pueblo De Cochiti
Gold M: 71.7/121 525 450 405 185 565 375 132 365 419 3421 335 150 415 530 440 351 225 560 390 3396 6817
Blue M: 69.8/117 517 430 385 167 550 360 115 336 389 3249 320 115 395 503 411 325 195 525 375 3164 6413
White M: 67.2/112 W: 72.0/129 460 370 340 125 485 345 110 292 375 2902 305 105 315 489 395 303 174 503 350 2939 5841
Red M: 65.7/110 W: 67.6/120 430 345 306 97 446 315 95 272 365 2671 215 82 294 445 304 270 136 463 220 2429 5100

Year Built 1981

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Worth The Drive!

Wife and I played here while vacationing in Santa Fe. After being disappointed at another course in the area, we were very happy with Cochiti. The staff was friendly and helpful (especially Cedric). The course was in great shape. Really liked the layout (and I normally don't care or RTJ courses). Pace of play was good - especially for a Saturday morning. We are really glad we found Cochiti Lake and will definitely return if we get back in the area.

Great of the beaten path course!

This course while off the beaten path, was a joy to play. The green were in great shape for the dry summer.... the fairways are challenging but fair. The rough is challenging so stay out unless you have DJ’s follow-through!

Hidden gem midway between Albuquerque and Santa Fe

I've been playing Cochiti once every year or so for the past 20 years. I love this course as it is incredibly scenic, peaceful, fun, & challenging. At times on a typical day you feel like you are the only people out there. The layout, while not overly long at their elevation above sea level, offers a wide variety of holes. Short part 3's, long par 3's, driveable par 4's, long par 5's, etc.

The bar & grill is serviceable if not spectacular. No GPS on the carts and very likely you will NOT have cell service to use a GPS app. Sprinkler heads with yardages on them are hard to find so bring your range finder!

My rating for Value for the Money is due to a pet peeve - they make you pay separate for range balls. Whenever you are playing any course with greens fees over $50, I just feel like range balls to warm up should be included.

The conditions and weather were fantastic for this round, close to the best I've seen them in quite a few years. Fall is an absolutely great time for golf in central & southern NM. Pace of Play was OK (4hrs, 45min); we waited a few times on the front 9, but we were a twosome behind a threesome.

Even saw my first tarantula crossing the 14th fairway!

Idaho Advisor

A solid "southwest" golf experience

As the last course on my “Southwest Swing” Cochiti was, by far, the most “Southwest” (at least in the sense of what I expected going into the rounds). High desert surroundings (Sage Brush, small scraggly trees, dried grass and rocks) frame lush fairways and greens creating a strikingly sharp contrast.

I found Cochiti in great shape. They had just aerated, but that in no way effected my round. The greens were in rolling well (although we did have to fix a few extra ball marks along the way, certainly not the courses fault), the fairways were well groomed, and - while wet from the previous days rain - the rough was manicured and fair (I know because I spent more time than usual there).

I also enjoyed the layout of the course. Rather than try to ensconce the natural elevation changes of the environment into the course, they were used to create contrast wherever possible. This is a Robert Trent Jones course, and it shows. “Vista point” elevated tee’s, requiring a decent carry over native areas to be safe, dot the course; and the desire to take out my camera and capture yet another cool tee shot was a repeating theme.

I played the blues which are almost 600 yards longer than the whites. Mostly the difference was just distance, but there were a few where it changed the way I attacked the hole. I appreciated this, as I don’t play the back just so I can use a longer club from the tee box.

I found the staff very friendly, especially the starter who verbally walked me through most of the challenging holes on the course when he found out I was a first time player. This was especially valuable on #10 which has a large water hazard invisible from the tee box but absolutely reachable with a driver. Even the grounds crew was engaging, complimenting me on my (almost) birdie on the hole they were working on and chatting with me about the course and my experience in general.

Not only would I play Cochiti again, I’d really like to because I didn’t have my best game today, so I don’t think I gave it much of a test.

California Advisor

Overall Good Experience

Overall a solid value. Course was in much better shape than when I first played there a few years back. Is a scenic course a little ways away from Santa Fe and Albuquerque but worth the drive. Staff very friendly. Would play here again.

Best Public Golf in Santa Fe

35 minute drive from Santa Fe. We played with an early tee time. 4 hour round. The course is in perfect condition. Interesting routing. The scenery is spectacular. Reasonable price. 5 star rating in my book. My favorite public course in Santa Fe. (the best course is the private Sunrise course at Las Campanas). Have a green chile cheeseburger after your round. Mmm

Terrible Tee Time Management!

We reserved a Tee time. We drove 2.5 hrs from our vacation in Taos to play this course. Play being the key word. When we were sent to the FIRST tee, there was already 5 other carts lined up to start. While we waited, 3 more carts lined up behind us. A total of 19 people all waiting to start! We went on a Tues morning at 10 am. Needless to say, you got to hit A ball about every 20 minutes. The rest of the time you sit. There was a family of 4 leading the pack, with 2 young children playing, who wasn't letting anyone play through. A course Marshall finally showed up right before the 9th hole, and then the family let us play through. As we went through, we then caught up to an older foursome, and allowed 2 faster playing guys behind us to play through. So, we were still boxed in on all sides.

So, after 6 hrs on the course, 4 hrs of it spent sitting, we then got to drive 2.5 hrs back to Taos. Needless to say, no matter how beautiful a course it is, it doesn't compensate for staring at the same greens for 30 min.

We will never play here again, as it's obvious taking your money is their only interest, not giving you a good golfing experience.

Kansas Couple

Visited June 2016

Fun and Scenic

Great views and a friendly staff started the day off right. The course is not particularly challenging but there is definitely some shot golf to be had. Lots of fun holes with different strategies available depending on your mood. I would strongly consider joining the men's club if I lived in the area. Worth the drive.

Denver Advisor

Enchanting fun in NM

Pueblo Di Cochiti is between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Not a far drive from either, the course is closer to Santa Fe. The course has a putting green, driving range and restaurant on site to meet what you need. The staff in the restaurant and pro shop are very nice and helpful. If you are in the restaurant, get something with Green Chile. The area is high desert with scenic views of mountains and mesas. They have shoulder season deals; I played for $30 with a cart-excellent value. The course itself must be quite challenging from the back tees. If you choose the correct tees, there will be a good mix of challenge and fun. Fairways are wide but not too wide. I played in early spring so there wasn't much rough to speak of. There are not too many bunkers. Water does come into play on a few holes and there are forced approaches over it. Par 3s have a variety of lengths and directions. A couple of the par 5s can be had in two if you hit two great shots. They also vary in direction. I think that the par 4 10th is the "Signature Hole" with a carry over water to a peninsula green. There are other holes which stand out; such as, the 8th. If you take the hero line with a long carry, it is drivable. Risk-Reward. There are other holes with risk-reward strategy. A few holes have elevation to change, but not all of them so it isn't redundant. Over all, Pueblo De Cochiti is yet another course worth seeing if in New Mexico. If you find yourself in the Land of Enchantment it is a good place to spend a day.

Land of Enchantment

Playing in NM is the greatest- the weather- the people- the workers of Cochiti are always great- Need to do it again soon!!

Challenging Beauty

If you haven't played the track before, do it!!! It is a must play for any golf enthusiast who can respect the design of a course that takes such advantage of the natural lay of the land... Simply put, it is an amazing bargain and a fantastic lay out with blind shots, challenging greens and scenic views.

New Mexico Beautiful

This is a hidden gem in NM between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Stunning views, great conditions and friendly staff. You can't go wrong unless you get stuck behind players who are struggling. Stay in the fairways and enjoy yourself. Watch for rattlesnakes if you get too far off course!

Very nice.

Only course I have played in the Santa Fe area. I got a twilight rate at $25 with a cart, so I was off to a great start. The weather finally got comfortable enough to go play, although it was still windy there were plenty of places on the course that were out of the wind, plus the wind didn't really affect my play. This course looked like it got through winter without to much injury. Some of the fairways had dead spots, but overall they were in good shape. The greens were fantastic. A little fast, but that's what I like, and also not too many straight putts as most of the greens had ridges and slopes. Sand traps were good, actually had sand and not hard dirt. The course wasn't too tough, and if you're a long baller you'll prolly have plenty of opportunity for birdies. Liked this course a lot, I bet it's phenomenal in the summer.

Fun Course

The course was in excellent condition for the time of year. Greens were fast but ran true. You could see that they are doing lots of work on the course getting it ready for growing season. You can't beat the views. It was a sunny day but the forecast was wrong on the wind conditions. I love this course and will be back. Great value for the money. Got a deal on Golfnow.com for $9.00 greens fee with cart.

Scenic and challenging.

Not a long course if you play from the proper tees. Plenty of challenging tee and approach shots. That's half the battle. Plenty of tough, undulating greens. Make sure you are below the hole. Very scenic! Course in fair condition for early spring.

Quiet and fun

Me and buddy had great time. After the turn got slow we were a 2 so was waiting a lot. Nobody lets you play threw they jest look at you and stick there old noses up in the air and tee off

Excellent condition well cared for!!

The best kept secret in New Mexico!! It is so serene ! The greens are well maintained along with the whole golf course. Great price for the money!

Beautiful, but tough.

This course is not super long, but it plays a lot longer and tougher. Course was in excellent condition, and there is not a flat putt anywhere. The food was good at the clubhouse. The views are incredible. The only down side was the cleanliness of the restrooms at the clubhouse. They were disgusting!

Gorgeous course. Beautiful views. Great, friendly staff.

I have played a several courses in New Mexico. Every course offers amazing scenic views. Cochiti's views however are the most beautiful. The course is incredibly well kept up. And the entire staff is friendly! I have golfed 12 courses in Albuquerque, 1 in Espanola and Cochiti. If I ever have company come in from out of town for 2 days of golf....Cochiti is 1 of the courses we will be playing.

This course was in excellent shape and for the money it was a great course.

Course was in great shape. My son and I enjoyed the course. The price is excellent. We will definately paly if are ever in this area.