Timberline Golf Course

Silver 72 6131 yards 71.1 125

"Timberline Golf Course"

uBRYW1357BR's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2016

Excellent conditions, wonderful day!

"Wanted to play in state of Iowa and DEMONS RUN!"

DavidLaDuke's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course when I found it intriqued me, and only being 3 hours away I made the trek to play it, Bonus was I got very extremely good deal at 6am tee time with a cart, so I was the first one off solo. I dropped 2 balls and played the black, and the silver tees. And shot an 40-39=79 from the silver, and from the black I shot a 39-44=83. The conditions of timberline are awesome. and very senic, and nice. I got a chance to talk to the course Greens keeper on 17th green and very nice guy, and knowledge able about his course. What to me sets this course aside from others is the small greens, and 75 % of the green seems to be elevated and I mean elevated high. I used a SW here all day long to loft and spin the ball back to the cup here. This course makes you either hit the greens in regulations, or loft the ball in a short pitch up hill to the cup. I liked this layout of the course, you wined through this course of holes. And you do not have to worry about other player hitting into you here. There are flat holes and elevated holes, great mix for the average player here to catch a break. Again this course has trees and woods on a lot of the holes on each side here, but really this course is super wide. And lastly, about the last 4 holes here being the hardest finishing holes in Iowa???? 2 of the 4 are semi tuff and only from the tee box, and that's 16, & 18. I played both balls 1 over on these last four holes. But fun holes to challenge one's self. 18 is a great finishing hole, dog leg right and when you make the corner, you have a giant oak off to the right down the hill, with a long branch covering the fairway semi high. See my photos. So 18 gets a 2 thumbs up. was not busy in morning, I played 2 balls here in 3 hours. Staff was very nice to talk to as well. I was glad I made the drive to Challenge Timberline. relaxing golf and I played my I pod music and never got one complaint. LOL.. I played here after heavy week of rain every other day so the course had wet spots but very playable. And the only thing that I found wrong was that the rough was very high and I lost 3 balls all in play just off the fairway, but the course ate them up. but hey with the rain is to be expected. have fun try it, was worth it for me.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Nice course layout, clean and refreshing."

carnesie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

The fairways were clean and the green were well manicured. Some woods to keep players honest and a little water. Overall course is well layed out with some testy par fours.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Windy and Long"

dougiefresh27's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather Verified Purchaser

I haven't played this course in decades. It is still a huge challenge. The grass was a bit longer than usual but it was the 20 mph + wind which was tough. Oh and cold.<br/> But the course is fun to play. Never go without a cart here.<br/> I highly recommend this course to all skill levels.<br/> Bring extra golf balls.