River Bend Municipal Golf Course

Men 36 2934 yards 32.5 117
Ladies 37 2725 yards 34.3 116

"Great for your average golfer!"

BloodyMaryGolfr's avatar
Iowa Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

As an average golfer, I like to play courses that aren’t too long yet still allow me to play a majority of clubs in my bag. I was pleasantly surprised by the course layout and condition while playing at River Bend for the first time. Putting a birdie on the scorecard makes me like this course even more. River Bend is a Par 36 with two par 3’s and two par 5’s. A couple dog legs, bunkers and a few holes where water comes into play adds to the enjoyment. The only thing this course is missing is elevation change.

The fairways at River Bend are nicely cut and groomed, ensuring a nice approach shot if you get your FIR. If you miss right or left and land in the rough, your still ok. The rough was short enough to still have a fair approach in to the green. The greens were also in great shape, readable and without much undulation. During my round I did struggle a bit with two 3 putts, but that was my own fault.

The pace of play at this track was great. I played a weekday afternoon by myself and had no problem scooting around the course at a pretty good pace. Most of the other golfers on the course were also playing as singles in carts which sped up the pace.

Post-round I headed into the clubhouse and was surprised how nice it was. They offered free popcorn as well as your usual clubhouse snakes and beverages.

This course is perfect for just getting out and having fun. It’s a short course yet the layout offers challenges for all types of players. I will be back to play River Bend G.C.