Oak Country Club

Driving range: No

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Great for seniors beginners locals   Challenges include water hazards elevation changes narrow fairways

"Course needs better maintenance"

Darringg's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Greens were in rough shape. I like trees but most greens were blocked by tree limbs on the back 9. Even when in the middle of the greens.

"Fun course to take my son out to learn on."

u941904969's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2017

Teaching my son how to play golf, this course provided wonderful rates with a very friendly staff. Most of the greens were excellent a few are damaged by the geese but they were still better than putting on a driveway. Even with a new player we finished in just over three hours, so it's a good one to sneak in after work.

"Could be okay."

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017

Course layout is crazy! Fortunately they have signs that are posted pretty well. I felt like I shot well, but I did not feel great about the game. Some greens were okay, others were just terrible. Lots of place to lose a ball, including the fringe of the green... bring a lot of el cheapos. Will not be returning.

"Interesting"

u947199719's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

It was a very different layout than what I am used to playing and for new players the course really does need more signs to help find the next Tbox. It was very reasonably priced but seems to be a number of uneducated or disrespectful golfers do to the amount of ball marks on the greens. Just because it is a low cost course doesn't mean you should treat it as so! All in all we had a good time and if your looking for something a little different this course is for you.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017

"Fun Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This course, though smaller is challenging with short par 3's, doglegs, small greens, and hills. It is a blast with a group. Staff couldn't be any nicer.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Course Layout: Poor

"Fun Track"

YouGotThisPods's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2016

Played with a few of my buddies in some cold windy weather. Great little track to just go out and have fun. Some very unique holes that make it well worth your money!

"Not a Snob - This Course is Fun!"

putt4d0's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2016
Previously played Used cart Average weather

I've played this course quite a few times. This is where I played my first ever round of golf just last year. No, it is not the nicest course in the area, but when I pay $15 to ride 18 holes, I don't expect it to be. I have fallen in love with the game of golf and look at each course as a different challenge. If you want to complain about how you lost your ball, then maybe you should hit it straighter. This course has really taught me how to use my irons and wedges. I normally only pull the driver out on 2 holes and try to focus more on my short game. The island green on 18 is always fun! I usually take a few strokes from up on the hill to see how close I can get to the pin. I started playing just 10 months ago and it is courses like this one that have helped me really improve my game. I could go out to some open course and let it fly, but at Oak Country I'm forced to think about my shots and put a good swing on it every time. Instead of being a golf snob, look at this as a challenge and enjoy the fact that you're not sitting in your office or out breaking your back....IT'S GOLF!!! The few members that I've spoken with all love the course and have no problem with letting a quicker group play through. Management has been great to me and my friends that I've brought out. Discounts on apparel and cheap food/drinks.

"Goat field"

Don4205058's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/11/2015

Fun course if you get the golfnow discount. Not worth the full price green fees. Not in great condition. Greens are horrible.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"You pay for what you get"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2015

Overall the money I paid for this course was well worth it. The course is a little confusing and I wished it was labeled better. The greens were poorly kept but the lack of golfers made the golf pace very smooth.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"WOW! Why is this even a course? I want my $ back, steer c4lear!"

zambon21's avatar
Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2015

Pace of play was amazing, now I know why! Why is this even a golf course on Golfnow? Half the tee boxes are synthetic grass/ straight dirt, there are no actual fairways (the so called fairways have grass that hides your ball, because the grass isn't cut), the ground is sold rock (you cannot even take a slice out of the ground, no forgiveness), most holes you are trying to figure out where the flag/green is. We wasted so much time looking for lost balls, we eventually just gave up/ on score as well, that is why they sell individual balls so cheap in the Pro shop. The place has so many flags, because it also doubles as soccer golf (so your not sure if you are even shooting at the right flag). Everyone we saw had an XXL tee shirt and capri jeans on even though they were skinny! If you have any respect for yourself as a golfer and person, you will steer far away from this place/ spend a little more $. This place is great if you want to waste a bunch of money, time, and energy on something that will give you no return. I have played many courses and I wouldn't want my worst enemy to play here. Also, the clubhouse/ food looked absolutely disgusting inside. I would be happy if the place stopped advertising as something it truly is not.

"Not good"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

This is not a golf course, it is a pasture with white flags! Terrible layout with tricked up holes. The staff was frienldy and the price was cheap but it is not a place I would play again.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Horrible shape not a real course"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2015

This should not be considered a golf course. Yes it has holes to hit a ball into, but doesn't reall have anything else. All shots are not true hard ground no fairway. Reminds me of mini put not golf.

"fun for the price"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015

We had fun, some of the holes are kind of strange with trees right in the line of flight off the tee. If you've never been here before the cart paths are different. My wife was scared on the path in a couple of places. The pro does hand out a sheet with tips on how to play some of the holes that are a bit different. Back yards border several of the fairways. I will play here again.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Pace of play"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2015

Went and played about 9 holes in 2:30 hours before we just left.

"not great"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

It's certainly cheap, but this is a yard with flags stuck in it. No real fairways, just overgrown lawns, and greens full of sand.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Oak Country Club Review"

johneborel's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

To be fair we played early in the year and the grass had not started to grow. So the course will get better later in the year. The course was very short but challenging. The fairways were poor, the greens were very small, and they were fast. We played in three hours and had fun. I will play the course again.

"This course has challenging holes."

Mike5217124's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/22/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

This course is a real value for what you get. This course is short but challenging. We can get very good deals for a greens fee and a cart. Usually no play in front of us and no one pushing from behind. Several holes are laid out to be very challenging. My favorite hole would be 18, it's an island. The course has been under construction every time I played it this summer. Overall I like this course and hate to recommend it because it's my little secret course.

"My Experience"

Gollffore69's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/21/2014
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

This had to be the worst course I have ever played. this being a par 66 course you would think it would be a nice time to take your grandchildren out for a good time well that was far from that. The fairways where so bad you had a hard time to find your ball and the rough was like a cow pasture without any cows to keep the grass short. We played and all 4 of us had to spend time looking for our balls because of the high grass. So we had people behind us all the time and kept letting them play through. 3 + hours for 9 holes. I paid for 18 but with such disappointment I went inside and told the lady that I was not playing the other nine because of the course conditions. Her replay was sorry to hear that. So i would never recommend this course to my worst enemy. The worst golf experience in my life time.