A view from Hickory Sticks Golf Club

Hickory Sticks Golf Club

Year Built 1998

Commented on 03/18/2020

Thanks for your 5-star review, wildcatrandy! We're glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 03/13/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 10/31/2019

Hi Robert6045458, thank you for your 5-star review! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Hi jarrett313 ,thank you for your 5-star review! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Hickory Sticks

We really liked the course. Played well eventhough we had some challeges..

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi Amp89103, thank you for your 5-star rating and sharing your feedback with us! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi wildcatrandy, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Draught but OK

We were 25+ days into a draught when we played. I was pleasantly surprised how good the course looked and played. Greens were fast and accurate. Fairways were ok too. I played din a foursome and everyone agreed it was worth the money.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and kind review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Friendly staff and a decent course

I’ve played here quite often through the years and I’ve always thought it was a decent place to play. I will say I feel like course conditions, course signage/amenities, and clubhouse are improving and that’s great to see...
COURSE IN. A NUTSHELL: country course w some hills but not anything crazy. Very very few blind shots, if any. Some trees but not real tight and overall forgiving. Maybe 4-6 holes with water on them but manageable placement.
DIFFICULTY: Medium Challenge for most amateur golfers that shoot 80-100 on similar style/length courses, playing from tips makes a big difference in difficulty here (much longer.) scratch golfers will go low low
Holes/Layout: First four holes are scorable but can be daunting if you get yourself in trouble (par 5, par 4 w well placed water, par 5 uphill, long par 3.) after that nice golf holes for amateurs w normal amount of variation. Course gives you plenty of room to grip and rip while being fair to shorter hitters. I like most holes pretty well while only really disliking maybe 2-3 holes max.
CONCLUSION: Improving course with a friendly staff and atmosphere. Typically not super crowded and pace of play is almost always decent. Course stays Fairly decent to good shape. It can hold water in spots but I’ve almost never seen it in terrible or unplayable shape. It’s country course so may have some spots here and there and some uneven rough but I’ve never had a major issue, and mostly have been fine with conditions for this kind of course. Some decent elevated views with fair amount of wildlife. Good place go w your buddies, brother and/or Dad to play a laid back round that’s both challenging enough for amateur golfers with good scoring opportunities in no hassle/laid back environment

Commented on 10/01/2019

Hi debrulerjames, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience so we always welcome this kind of feedback, but we're glad to hear you are noticing and enjoying our course improvements. Thank you for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star rating! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi Sirjohn73, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Hidden gem

Great course! It’s a hidden gem along the Ohio River in Northern Kentucky. Several picturesque holes with tee boxes overlooking the golf course. Course in great shape except for some fairways burnt up from the heat. Excellent value for the money and good course layout.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi GoCards502, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club soon, and check out your review shared on our Facebook page!

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Hello, Wkuragan2010. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Honest review

This course is very good for your beginner to average players, such as myself. It is open enough where it’s not surrounded with tress, but still challenging. THTe greens are kept in great condition.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hi jakefro56, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club soon!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Thanks for the the 5-stars and choosing to play Hickory Sticks Golf Club! Come back soon. #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 06/13/2019

Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you enjoyed your recent round with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, but we welcome any additional feedback on how we can make your next experience worth 4- or 5-stars! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 06/07/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! Come back for another round soon. #HickorySticksGC

Fast easy cart path only round

Played 18 in less than 3 hours with at least 8 groups in front of me, it’s amazing when Average golfers know if it’s cart path only AIM for the paths, your round can be played quicker. Course was in great shape.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Jeff, thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback on our course conditions! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the pace of your round and recent golf experience with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Come back soon! #HickorySticksGC

Course Condition

The course was in great shape. Offers a variety of challenge and unique hole layouts. Love it!

Commented on 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

California, Kentucky
4.1987352941
Amelia, Ohio
Alexandria, Kentucky
Covington, Kentucky
Batavia, Ohio
Fort Thomas, Kentucky

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.