Hickory Sticks Golf Club

Year Built 1998

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Kentucky (2018 #17)

Draught but OK

We were 25+ days into a draught when we played. I was pleasantly surprised how good the course looked and played. Greens were fast and accurate. Fairways were ok too. I played din a foursome and everyone agreed it was worth the money.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and kind review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Friendly staff and a decent course

I’ve played here quite often through the years and I’ve always thought it was a decent place to play. I will say I feel like course conditions, course signage/amenities, and clubhouse are improving and that’s great to see...
COURSE IN. A NUTSHELL: country course w some hills but not anything crazy. Very very few blind shots, if any. Some trees but not real tight and overall forgiving. Maybe 4-6 holes with water on them but manageable placement.
DIFFICULTY: Medium Challenge for most amateur golfers that shoot 80-100 on similar style/length courses, playing from tips makes a big difference in difficulty here (much longer.) scratch golfers will go low low
Holes/Layout: First four holes are scorable but can be daunting if you get yourself in trouble (par 5, par 4 w well placed water, par 5 uphill, long par 3.) after that nice golf holes for amateurs w normal amount of variation. Course gives you plenty of room to grip and rip while being fair to shorter hitters. I like most holes pretty well while only really disliking maybe 2-3 holes max.
CONCLUSION: Improving course with a friendly staff and atmosphere. Typically not super crowded and pace of play is almost always decent. Course stays Fairly decent to good shape. It can hold water in spots but I’ve almost never seen it in terrible or unplayable shape. It’s country course so may have some spots here and there and some uneven rough but I’ve never had a major issue, and mostly have been fine with conditions for this kind of course. Some decent elevated views with fair amount of wildlife. Good place go w your buddies, brother and/or Dad to play a laid back round that’s both challenging enough for amateur golfers with good scoring opportunities in no hassle/laid back environment

Commented on 10/01/2019

Hi debrulerjames, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience so we always welcome this kind of feedback, but we're glad to hear you are noticing and enjoying our course improvements. Thank you for choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club, and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star rating! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi Sirjohn73, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Hidden gem

Great course! It’s a hidden gem along the Ohio River in Northern Kentucky. Several picturesque holes with tee boxes overlooking the golf course. Course in great shape except for some fairways burnt up from the heat. Excellent value for the money and good course layout.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi GoCards502, we truly appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 4-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club soon, and check out your review shared on our Facebook page!

Commented on 08/02/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/24/2019

Hello, Wkuragan2010. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Honest review

This course is very good for your beginner to average players, such as myself. It is open enough where it’s not surrounded with tress, but still challenging. THTe greens are kept in great condition.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hi jakefro56, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club soon!

Commented on 07/05/2019

Thanks for the the 5-stars and choosing to play Hickory Sticks Golf Club! Come back soon. #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 06/13/2019

Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you enjoyed your recent round with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, but we welcome any additional feedback on how we can make your next experience worth 4- or 5-stars! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 06/07/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! Come back for another round soon. #HickorySticksGC

Fast easy cart path only round

Played 18 in less than 3 hours with at least 8 groups in front of me, it’s amazing when Average golfers know if it’s cart path only AIM for the paths, your round can be played quicker. Course was in great shape.

Commented on 06/04/2019

Jeff, thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback on our course conditions! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the pace of your round and recent golf experience with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Come back soon! #HickorySticksGC

Course Condition

The course was in great shape. Offers a variety of challenge and unique hole layouts. Love it!

Commented on 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 05/21/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! Come back soon. #HickorySticksGC

One golfer

Iam really don’t understand why a golf course let 1 golfer out Prime time 10 am no one let him play through he was a terrible golfer I know he added a half hour to the round I’ll call lay the course again but these courses to me has to not allow 1 golfer out hook him up with a group

Commented on 05/20/2019

Thank you for the 4-star review and taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your comments are important to our staff as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our golfers, and we can assure you this concern has been shared appropriately. We hope to have you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club for an even better round soon! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 04/16/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We hope you enjoyed the day with us and come back soon. #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 04/18/2019

Austin, thanks for the 5-stars and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We hope to welcome you back for another round soon. #HickorySticksGC

Great Local Course

I have been playing here a lot recently as it is close to home, and have really been enjoying my rounds. The course superintendent and his staff are doing a great job keeping the leaves off the short grass and surrounding rough. Temperature permitting they have been changing hole locations and rolling the greens, which is more than I would ask for on January 7. Pace of play was about 3 hours for 18 holes.

This course is a great value, and I look forward to many more rounds here this year.

Commented on 01/09/2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Todd! We're committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience here at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, and we truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course recently. We look forward to having you back again soon and be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page! #HickorySticksGC

California, Kentucky
Amelia, Ohio
Alexandria, Kentucky
Covington, Kentucky
Batavia, Ohio
Fort Thomas, Kentucky

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.