Hickory Sticks Golf Club

Hickory Sticks Golf Club
Scorecard for Hickory Sticks
Black M: 69.1/131 533 310 466 215 400 374 368 190 448 3304 344 190 390 362 157 283 155 467 496 2844 6148
Gold M: 67.4/127 W: 68.8/120 509 288 450 200 380 355 349 168 432 3131 324 180 331 344 134 261 144 441 480 2639 5770
Blue M: 65.3/123 W: 66.2/118 453 274 417 177 358 341 334 142 400 2896 304 161 302 315 114 247 131 411 451 2436 5332
White M: 62.8/117 W: 64.1/115 417 258 378 161 334 324 314 102 288 2576 267 130 255 293 94 232 118 379 290 2058 4634

Year Built 1998

As always, Hickory was a great time.

Had a great round at the course. Weather stayed about 50 degrees and sunny with no wind. Course is in nice shape and staff was very friendly.

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 11/04/2018:
Brutus, thanks for the 5-stars and kind feedback! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Come back soon!

Course was in great shape.

This course was in top shape. I have played here many times before, and was shocked by how well it played. Everything was up to par with all other features, and the only negative was a slow pace for the first four holes. The group creating the delayed allowed us to play through on number five. After that, it was clean sailing. The course ranger was friendly and polite, and a joy to talk with on the course. We saw him about 10 times during the round. He was clearly on top of things. A great day of golf.

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the awesome feedback and 4-stars! On behalf of our staff at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us. Can't wait to have you back for another one soon!
Response from #HickorySticksGC on 09/05/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars, Jim! We hope you had a great round with us recently at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Come see us again soon.

Nice course but slow pace

The course is in great condition. Greens were quite fast. Very challenging, fun to play course. Unfortunately the pace was very slow with waits required at virtually every hole. We got to know the groups in front and in back of us fairly well since we were all waiting on the same tee more than once. I have played the course before and had not experienced this slow play.

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 08/16/2018:
Ken, thank you for the kind feedback and 4-star review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us, but also appreciate your comments regarding the pace of play as it will be shared with our staff for any future improvements. We look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club for an even better round soon!

Good value

While short this is a challenging course. Greens a little slow and course hilly but in excellent condition. Good value for the $$

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 4-star review! On behalf of our staff at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we truly appreciate your comments as we are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience. We hope to welcome you back for another round soon!

Slow

Love the course but there was a 4some that was just so slow they backed up two and some times three groups on the tee

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 08/16/2018:
Thank you for the kind feedback and 5-star review. We value your dedication to playing our course, as well as your comments regarding the pace of play as it will be shared with our staff for any future improvements. We look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club for an even better round soon!

Wow, what a treat!

My wife and I played Hickory Sticks on a perfect clear, 80-ish summer Saturday. Never played here before. We knew the course would be hilly, and it certainly is. But the first 3 holes aren't terribly so, which gives a good warm up to the round. Other holes do go up or down, sometimes both in the same hole. But the shorter distances of some of the hillier holes (especially on the back nine) equalized the challenge of the hills. The primary exception to this notion is the long par-4 9th-hole, where you can't see the green from the tee, and you can't see how much climb you have in your very long second-shot approach. At 410 from the second-longest tees, it's a very long par 4, just barely short of par 5 status.

The tees, the greens and the fairways were all in excellent condition. The greens today ran very fast, and they have a lot of subtle breaks, so putting was a challenge. Staff was exceptionally friendly.

Our twosome was sandwiched amongst a line of foursomes, but we were off the course in 5 hours, which is average and appropriate. We didn't have to wait too long between most shots.

Food selections at the turn were pretty slim. Hot dogs and brats and sandwiches and packaged snacks.

We cannot wait to return to play again.

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 5-stars. On behalf of our staff at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we value your comments regarding our course and hope you enjoyed the day with us. Come back soon!

Poor Pace Of Play

Maybe having a starter or a ranger to keep the pace of play would be nice. Between the pace of play and the hack golfers who into you while in the middle of the fairway will stop me from playing here again, the only thing missing was a moron with a Bluetooth speaker. The best thing about the course was the friendly staff.

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/16/2018:
James, thank you for taking the time to leave us a 4-star review, however, we're sorry to hear your recent experience with us may not have met our usual expectations regarding the pace of play. Your comments will be shared with our staff for any improvements, and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a better round soon!

Looking great

I have been going to Hickory Sticks for around seven years now, and I can say that this is the best the course has ever looked. My best friend and I went to play on a Monday which meant a 25 dollar round with a cart, which is an amazing deal. I haven't been playing there as much recently these past couple of years, but I will definitely start to go back and play there more often with the way the course looked. Greens weren't incredibly fast, but they were rolling smooth with no bumps, and that's all you can ask for at a public course. Keep up the great work Hickory.

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/13/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars and kind feedback, Jacob! We truly value your comments and dedication to playing at Hickory Sticks Golf Club over the years. Come back for another great round soon.

reat Chalenge

Wife Had a hole in on on #8

great greens -lots of break- Hit um straight or pay the piper.

play here once a week=say hi to JEFF !

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/02/2018:
Joseph, thank you for the 4-star review and taking the time to share your feedback with us! We hope you and your wife had a great day with us and can make it back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club for another round soon. Congrats to your wife on the hole-in-one!

Hidden Gem

The new ownership and crew have done a tremendous job with the course. I love the solitude, and rolling terrain. The greens are some of the best I have played on this year. With the elevated greens the course provides an excellent challenge from the back two tees. I will be going back soon!

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review and sharing your kind feedback with us! We truly appreciate your comments regarding our course and staff, and we hope you can make it back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club for another round soon.
Response from #HickorySticksGC on 06/18/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you had a great round. Come back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club again soon!
Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/02/2018:
Thank you for the 5-star review! We hope you can make it back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club for another great round soon.

Bang for buck

Not a fancy country club, but a lot of fun to play. Some great risk reward shots. Course is kept in good condition and the staff is great. Good value. You will pull your hair out putting on # 12's green!

Response from #HickorySticksGC on 07/16/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 4-stars. On behalf of our staff at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we value your comments regarding our course and hope you enjoyed the day with us. Come back soon!

Hidden Gem

Great course. Fun to play. Course was in overall very good condition.

Response from Hickory Sticks Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
We truly appreciate your feedback and 5-stars! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent round at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, and we can't wait to have you back for another one soon.

Hickory Sticks

The course, staff and pace of play are on point. The only hurdle is getting to this place. For me, it’s a far drive but once you make it there, it’s awesome!

Response from Hickory Sticks Golf Club on 05/21/2018:
Thank you for the 4-stars, Avery! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent day with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back for another round soon.

Hickory Sticks is in good condition, Pace of play is usually very good. good value.

Response from Hickory Sticks Golf Club on 05/17/2018:
We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a 4-star review and share your feedback with us. On behalf of our staff at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we're glad to hear we can provide you with a valuable golf experience! Come back for another great round soon.

Longer Drive

Course had aerated greens and fairways a few weeks ago and it still was evident on greens. Rained at half Way point but got rain check. Enjoy playing here even though a long drive.

Response from Hickory Sticks Golf Club on 05/09/2018:
Thank you for the 5-stars, and taking the time leave us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear your round was cut short due to the weather, but we hope we can welcome you back for an even better golf experience at Hickory Sticks soon!

Hilly country setting

The course was in good shape. No water out on the course. I will play again and recommend to others.

Great course, great value

I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t know about this course. It was beautiful and difficult. I would definitely recommend and will be back.

Response from Hickory Sticks Golf Club on 04/08/2018:
We truly appreciate your review and 5-stars! On behalf of us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back for another round soon.
Bethel, Ohio