2.6

World of Golf

Year Built 1968

Golf Simulator Yes

World of Golf

Nice course. Lots of challenging par 3s that make you play club that you usually don't use. It was a lot of fun. Some of the tee boxes and green are in kind of bad shape. People need to fix their divots. It might help if the cars had sand on them to fix club divots on the tee boxes.

Horrible experience!

8 am tee-time but shop doesn't open 'til 8 am. Early start to beat rain prediction. 1st 9 holes were great, until we saw not one, not two, but three groups on Hole #10! When we complained that groups were cutting in, we were told that high school golfers, season pass holders, and those playing only 9 holes are allowed to start on Hole #10!
So unfair to those playing 18 holes. Plus, the guy mowing the greens drove in front of us as we were standing on the tee box. He removed the flag and mowed the green and he knew we were ready to play the hole. This happened on 3 holes! And finally, when we asked for a refund, we were denied because we had paid through Golf Now. Needless to say, I will not return and DO NOT recommend this course.

Good Course

Good for challenging your short game. Totally worth the money and always a good way to get out and enjoy yourself.

Great Value

Nice Par 3 with 4 opportunities to pull out the driver. For the price it can't be beat. Very friendly staff and nice facilities. Good practice/warmup amenities. Offers great classes for beginners to get you started. Actually where I learned the game.

A little bit of everything

World of Golf is a great place to practice or play. The staff is great and the facilities offer not only a good practice area with a driving range and putting area, but a nice par-3 course in good condition. It's challenging enough to keep your interest and the pace of play is generally good not matter the time of day.

Good Short Game Course

If you would like to work on your short game, use more of your irons, this is the course. The course has a couple challenging holes but for the most part, it's wide open. The yardage markers are not accurate.
There is a driving range in the center of the course so you will have to dodge a few range balls hit in your direction. 3 of played in about 3 hours and that's including a 15 min break for food and drinks. 0verall, it's a fun course and a good way to get in a quick round of golf.

No carts

Why would a golf course schedule tee times and promise carts, when they do not have enough carts to meet those obligations?
I would not recommend playing here as they seem to be poorly managed. We should up early for our tee time and were told we’d be number 5 on a waiting list because they had no carts. I already paid a fee to GolfNow, so I’m out of luck I suppose.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing World of Golf, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great shape for what it is

This is a short course, with four drivable par fours and the rest all threes. Be prepared for what it is: beginners, hacks, families (kids), & elderly people. The short course keeps pace of play moving.
I’m teaching my daughter to play here, because the longer courses frustrate her right now. Here she can feel better about a 5 on a par three instead of taking 6 or 7 just to get to the green.
The course is in better shape than it’s been in years. However, keeping in mind that the greens and tees take a beating because of the short game.
I’ll probably play here at least every other week this year.

Response from on 06/26/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving World of Golf a 5-star rating. We are happy to hear that you had a great time on our golf course. Thank you for your business and come back again soon.

Overpriced!

Needs a monthly membership price for memebers to join. Also price is high compared to other courses in the area that offer much more for same or lower price.

Response from on 06/14/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback and would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations. We will address your comments with our management team. Thank you for your business.

Great short Course

Pace a bit slow due because of Short hole but beside that great layout

Response from on 06/20/2018:
Hi, Thank you for leaving World of Golf a 4-star rating and glad you enjoyed the course layout. Book your next round with us in the near future.
Response from on 06/22/2018:
Hi, We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fun and challenging par 3 course.

This is a fun course. My wife and I played 18 holes with my aunt and her granddaughter on a nice 75 degree day around noon. The pace of play was perfect. We didn't feel rushed and the people playing in front of us kept great pace had to wait a bit on the 15th but that was ok because we had a nice shade tree to sit under and take a slight break. This may be a par 3 but for beginners this can be a challenging and educational course. We will definitely be back to play and to the driving range. They have pretty much anything you need from practice to play. They also have a little restaurant, which we did not try but looked pretty busy when we were there

Response from on 08/02/2017:
Sounds like you had the perfect day at World of Golf! Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Great quick 18 with my wife

Quickly booked this on a Thursday evening in order to play with my wife on Friday early before temps were to be in the 90s all afternoon. Facility was open and play was fairly fast for us as a twosome (played in 3.5 hours) and we basically kept up with the twosome ahead of us all day. its an executive course but many of the par threes are nice length 150-170 so that you can practice your mid to short iron game. Many par three courses are just 100 yard wedge shots. Also, the back 9 is very picturesque as several of these medium range par 3s are over water and change elevation with the tee area. I was especially pleased when I birdied a few on the back and was able to shoot even par 58 which bested my age of 59!

Response from on 07/27/2017:
Thank you for your review, Gary! We're glad you and your wife enjoyed a nice evening round at World of Golf! It's the perfect way to end any day!
Response from on 06/08/2017:
Thank you for rating us!

world of golf play

this course is a par 3 course that is good for beginners, but you must be ready for slow play due to all the beginners that play here. Also a lot of children play this course so you must be alert. This course also has soccer golf on the first nine holes.

Response from on 05/31/2017:
Thank you for your review and feedback from your experience, ktel8080. We love to share our love of golf with anyone who visits the World of Golf course, mini golf or range facilities! We hope that you'll come back and visit us again soon!

Beautiful course

I love the course and have played it many times. The only downfall is slow play on the weekends. This is to be expected for the type course it is. Always well maintained and a fun course to play.

Response from on 05/17/2017:
Hi Tracy, thank you for your feedback on your round at World of Golf. We are glad you love coming to play our course, and hope that we will continue to see you out there!

Value starter course

As a true beginner, I love this course. Challenging enough, and newbies have a chance to make "great" shots and respectable scores. No hardcore players trying to rush you. The beer is cold!

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.