1.9

Longview Golf Course

Year Built 1968
Architect Buck Blankenship

Expected more

The course is a good one to play. The fairways need some work but the greens were in excellent shape. I hadn’t played it but a few time since it was taken over by the people who own Cherry blossom and figured it would be better since Cherry Blossom is so well maintained. The bridge by hole 14 is in horrible shape and needs repair though before someone gets hurt. It’s still a good course to play though.

Unfriendly Staff

Course was decent, tee boxes need work and cart path is a disaster. Watch out for the shaky bridge near the end. Biggest issue was the staff. No attempt to greet or welcome us on arrival. Booked through an online site and felt like this made us less important. My 8-yr old son came along for the ride. The staff member literally chased us to the first tee box and demanded we only use one cart or pay an outrageous fee for an extra. There were easily 25+ carts sitting idle and we saw about 10 other people on the course all day. Ridiculous. I won’t return but maybe your experience will be better.

Course in very good condition

Play was a little slow. All in all a good round. I'll be back.

Course in very good condition

I've been playing Longview since the early 70's. The course has it's challenges, but can be an easy test for advanced players. The greens are as good as I have ever seen them . The staff was friendly as always. I would recommend this course for any skill level.

An awkward day

They made it obvious they don't like GolfNow players. Granted, we thought we'd get there 30 minutes early with the hopes of getting it in before the rain. We were granted permission at the counter when checking in, then surprisingly a maintenance worker confronted us as if we tried to pull a fast one. Very awkward situation since we previously asked and were given permission. I suggested that we'd wait if it was going to be a problem. He gave the golfnowers lecture then let us go anyway (thank goodness, because we finished up 10 minutes before it poured). There were excruciatingly slow groups in front of us but no one behind us the whole day. It was a confusing start to the round and felt as if we weren't patrons but second class citizens. Wasn't a welcomed feeling. Not sure if we'll go back, not worth it.

Commented on 02/11/2019

First and foremost please allow us to apologize for an employee making you feel uncomfortable. Ensuring that our patrons have an enjoyable time is #1 on our list, regardless of how they booked. The issue with Golfnow is that they put policies into place, yet don't enforce them, and in turn make the golf course be the bad guy. It states that your tee time is only valid for the time you booked. However, more often than not, players book the rate they want, not necessarily the time they want, then show up at the time they really want to play. For example, the rate at 1:30 is $19 per player but they really want to tee off at noon. But noon is $25 per player. They book the 1:30 and show up at noon. We understand the pro shop made an exception for your group due to weather, and sorry that wasn't communicated to the super outside. We hope you'll return this season and try us out again. You can visit our website and save $ by booking your tee time there as well. Hope to see you soon!

A Great Day with Friends

The course was having a little difficulty with crab grass in the fairways, but I believe that all ;the course in this area have had problems this year due to weather. In any case the course was cut properly and played fair. The greens were in pretty good shape and putted true. I will be back.

Good for money

Nice, fairly fast greens. Good overall condition. Good pace

Ok...terrible pace of play

Not worth the money. The course is just fair and the pace of play was horrendous and no rangers. We ended up quitting after 12 hrs due to frustration.

Excellent Greens!

This golf course is fun to play and pace of play is awesome. The fairways are a mixture of grasses and not cut short enough for my taste but playable. The Tee Boxes could use some TLC. The rough was a little thick due to all the rain in this area lately but IT WAS MOWED! The nicest part of the day was how nice the putting surfaces were. It was obvious that they had verticut the greens last week and the greens had excellent and consistent speed, true roll and would hold well hit shots. I will play here again as price is reasonable for the facility.

Could be better

I like the overall layout. Greens were overall in good shape. Fairways should be mowed a lot shorter (a couple had weeds). No drinking water in the course on a 90 degree day. Staff just there. Not rude, but just there getting paid.

Modest. Good value. Will return.

Pretty minimalist amenities, which doesn’t bother me one bit. Nice wide open course that still is able to challenge. Course is longer than most. Greens were quick and can challenge your short game due to speed of green.

Fun round

Interesting layout. Brutally long par3's. Fairways cut pretty long as a result of our unusual weather lately. Otherwise, a very enjoyable round.

Great Day at Longview

The course never disappoints. We were able to get an early tee time even though it was a last minute choice. The greens are always in great condition and the fairways are getting better. I play this course multiple times per year and it gets better with each outing. I will be playing it again before the season ends.

Sunday Funday

I really liked the course layout. The pace of play was slow or. They must have scheduled tee times ten minutes apart, but the times felt too close together. I was waiting every single hole. This was the only problem I had at all. I really enjoyed the actual course. It was nice and wide open and well taken care of. The grass was cut very nicely. I didn't lose one ball all day.

Commented on 05/19/2017

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your day at Longview. Sorry to hear the pace of play was slow. We hope you will join us again soon. Thanks for the kind review.

Commented on 03/09/2017

Thank you for playing and we hope to see again soon!

Georgetown, Kentucky