University Club Of Kentucky - Wildcat Course
Green (W) 71 4955 yards 69.1 125
Scorecard for Wildcat
Black M: 72.1/121 494 338 429 402 176 360 398 167 386 3150 457 181 397 331 549 226 377 440 530 3488 6638
Blue M: 69.7/119 468 303 404 392 149 356 383 159 342 2956 457 172 368 309 521 203 347 412 509 3298 6254
White M: 68.2/115 W: 69.2/117 442 287 390 378 137 327 362 135 327 2785 423 161 334 285 486 176 336 374 493 3068 5853
Yellow W: 65.9/107 392 251 305 274 135 276 341 115 254 2343 345 147 312 258 420 120 297 305 408 2612 4955

Year Built 1992
Architect Daniel McQueen

Always enjoy the course.

I’ve played here several times and it has always been a good round.

The 2 gentlemen we were paired with did not play quickly and were very high handicaps, which lead to a very long slow round.

Watch out for the mosquitoes

I like this course and we play it often. However, we hit our drives on # 13, and as we prepared to hit our 2nd shots we were run over by mosquitoes, so many we had to pick up our balls and move on to # 14. Number 14 was not much better, so many mosquitoes that all we could do was try to fight them off while we tried to hit our ball. Number 15 had a few, but nothing like 13 & 14. When we finished playing I went into the club house and told them about it. The man there was aware of this and says its probably because we have had so much rain. I was hoping he was going to say they were planning to spray, but nothing was mentioned. We won't be going back here anytime soon, These things will probably be around for most of the summer.

This course has awesome features

The course was in amazing shape. Really enjoyed playing there

course was in great shape! One of my top 3 in central Ky.

Bunkers

Please put a lot of work in the bunkers! When the greens have been freshly aerated it should be half price! It wasn't noted on the page either!

Commented On 04/12/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting University Club of Kentucky. We hope to see you again in the future.

Great design, wrong time to play

I loved the layout of this course. Obviously they are known for the Big Blue course, but this one is no slouch. Beautiful driving range with nxt tour s practice balls. Guy in the clubhouse didn’t see to care too much about us being there (Maybe because we booked thru GolfNow...). Layout of this course is excellent. Requires you to think about many different shots and ball placement. Unfortunately, we played during an amateur event on the Big Blue course, but the greens on Wildcat were just aerated, so putting was essentially nonexistent. Would most definitely play again though. I’m sure it is beautiful during the late spring/early summer. Look forward to playing again when it is in top shape.

No warning

Have played here several times over the years. Today the greens had been recently aerated. That would've been fine but there was no warning from the course or any type of discount because of it. Also the bunkers have become completely unplayable here. Won't be back here anytime soon.

Commented On 04/08/2019

Hello mdry93, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review at University Club of Kentucky. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, and hope you'll give us another try in the near future. We always strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon the course and that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, we hope to earn your business again soon.

Commented On 08/08/2019

Hello, u000003213553. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing University Club of Kentucky - Wildcat Course.

Solid course

Overall, not very impressed with the course. Course conditions were pretty good except for most tee boxes that were not in the best shape with many weeds and crab grass. The cart paths were some of the worst I’ve seen. Fairways and greens in great shape. Nice layout along side Big Blue course. Solid course, but many better courses available in the area.

Commented On 08/05/2019

Hi GoCards502! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Awesome!!

Awesome course and beautiful! Best round of golf for the money all year! Definitely be back!

Nice Course, has better potential

I played this course a couple months back and the fairways were much better. The greens were good; although, there remained numerous ball marks not repaired. This is obviously no fault of the staff, but no one in the club house ever reminds me to repair ball marks which might help. The sand traps are still unplayable. There may have been sand in some, but several were nothing but hard pan. Still like the course and will return, but I hope the continue to improve things.

A little disappointed

I have played this course before and the course conditions were much better. The fairways were very long and had clumps here and there that were well past the mowing stage. The sand traps were wet, but regardless were not well kept. I only hope they have kept the Big Blue course in better shape. If it is in as bad a shape it would be an embarrassment for the University of Kentucky to call it their home course.

Response from University Club of Kentucky on 09/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, University Club of Kentucky, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Fayette County area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ridiculous for such a nice course there is absolutely no sand in the bunkers on Wildcat. Crazy. 0 Get some freaking white sand in the bunkers!!

Response from University Club of Kentucky on 09/05/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Always a pleasure

I love both Wildcat and Big Blue. Solid layouts, good conditions, fun to play.

Sweet deal

We decided to drop out of the bunkers on hole one (very bad) but other than some bad cart paths the track was really nice and a great value at $27.00. Fairways, tee boxes and greens were perfect!!!

This is a beautiful course. We are here from Fl and was able to get a round in. Stay in the fairway though!

Will be back & often

First time we'd played at the University Club - Wildcat Course. I can't say enough how much i enjoyed playing there. Course was in outstanding shape even with the rain we have had. Tee's, Fairways & Greens were great, rough was manageable and the layout is set up for any level of golfer. Can't wait to get back and try the Big Blue course. If you are in the area or just passing through, play these courses. You will not be disappointed.

Great Round

I’ve played 6 or 7 different courses this year, and none have come close to being in as good shape as the wildcat course. Got a weekday round finished in 3 hrs and putts roll true. I’ll be back several times this year.

Versailles, Kentucky