Glenmary Country Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

2.1

Scorecard for Glenmary
Blue M: 72.4/135 451 406 332 530 424 328 387 157 391 3406 405 317 476 153 400 342 364 191 488 3136 6542
White M: 70.0/131 419 355 302 513 404 315 366 152 328 3154 357 289 432 141 379 316 346 152 463 2875 6029
Red W: 69.5/128 361 288 438 139 383 306 335 154 460 2864 361 288 438 139 383 306 335 154 460 2864 5728

Year Built 1990
Architect John Addington

Run down.

This course is in terrible shape. I've played it 5 times over the 2015 golf season and hoped to see improvements but the course is just getting worse. All the bunkers are solid dirt, the greens look like a wee patch, and the fairway grass is too long and court uneven! Not happy at all.

Course in foreclosure

Greens haven't been watered and course looks almost abandoned. Not worth $12 a round..

More of the same

I have to echo the last several reviews. This course, while potentially fun to play, is in tle condition. 1. Carts are worn out. I had to stomp on the brake lock several times on most holes, and once on a steep incline I actually thought I wasn't going to get the brake locked. The brakes on my cart were weak and several times I had to jam them hard to stop the cart. 2. Paths are half gravel, pitted and pocked. They were so bumpy I actually got a little motion sick. 3. Holes are poorly marked and one sign is face down on the ground. The course doubles back and crosses streets a lot and I got lost a few times. 4. The caretaker who took my payment must have heard about the complaints regarding the water because he preempted me by telling me they can't put water out because kids in the neighborhood vandalize the water stands. 5. The fairways are little better than a dog track. 6. The greens are badly beat up and clearly most people don't repair their ball marks. I had to move my ball over six inches once because there were FOUR ball marks between my ball and the hole - for a six foot putt. 7. The clubhouse was musty and deserted. Amazingly I actually had a good time because I was playing well. I made a 50 foot putt on 17, I actually used one of the big pit marks on the green as an aiming point. But I won't play this course again. The shame of it is that this course, in its essence, is actually fun to play. The water is strategically placed and so are the bunkers. You have to think about your clubs; you can't just whale away with your driver on every par 4 or even par 5. Unfortunately, the condition is so bad that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

DO NOT PLAY HERE

This course is aweful.. I mean tall hairy greens and crab grass fairways. The conditions are beyond playable.. This place was nice 5 years ago.. Its a dirt road concrete crabgrass dump. Not sure how they cant get bermuda to grow i cant get rid of it in my landscapin beds just down the road.. Ur better off hitting balls into a net into ur oqn windows... I play a lot and this is a disgrace to golfers...

This course plays well

Had a great time playing the greens where good and the fairways

Close this place

Horrible condition. Even the flag sticks are run down. No water on course or trash cans. Long grass in fairways.

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thanks for reviewing our course. We are sincerely sorry that your experience was poor. Although it is hard for us to read, we understand there is some frustration that comes with our current conditions. This season, the weather/drought has made it very hard to maintain our facility. We are continuing to look up, as we've been working hard to get the course back in good shape. Please do email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss. We do hope that you decide to provide us with another chance to meet your expectations in the near future. Thank you again.

You can tell they're working

Played this course 3 or 4 times a year for the past 3 years. It's been better than it is now, but it's also been a lot worse... you can tell the guys are out and about putting a lot of effort into the place... I love a couple of the holes, 6 is a great hole.. but really they need to put some new style to it.. I know that getting water flowing to the waterfall like thing between 7 and 8 is a lot to ask for, but if you could and then open it up so that it was the backdrop for the green in 7, it would be one of the best holes in the state, frankly that was a huge mistake by the architect to not do in the first place... and second of all, I'd change the way 18 plays... I hate having to hit an iron off the tee with no chance of cutting off the corner.. it's like a 350 carry, and 240 to the water from the tips, just makes it a no reward hole... just me thinking out loud... course still has a way to go... couple more years even, but at least they are putting forth an effort.

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thank you so much for noticing our efforts. We are working extremely hard towards improving the course. Your review is very thorough and thoughtful, and we appreciate all of your comments.

In need of major repair

Played on July 6th. This has the potential to be a beautiful course, but sadly is in utter disrepair. We had difficulty finding someone in the clubhouse to check-in with. Once we tracked someone down (the bartender), we found the carts to be beaten up and in poor condition. The cart paths are awful. There are very large potholes in numerous places. In addition to the potholes most of the paths are completely eroded. The paths are also very poorly marked. The course is very winding and there are a number of areas that require driving through the neighborhood. The path will often spit you out into the neighborhood and it is very confusing on where you should go (no sign, no connecting path insight). There are no water stations or ball cleaners. The fairways are very spotty with a mix of mud/dirty and spotty grass. The rough is very thick. The greens are also very spotty. The sad part is that this could be an exceptional course, but the poor conditions are so bad I won't be playing here again for any price more then $10.

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We apologize about your experience on July 6th. We were short staffed that day, but nonetheless, that's not an excuse. The carts, as you mentioned, are not in great condition. But, we are getting a new fleet in on Friday! We are excited, and trying our best to improve upon the overall golf experience here every day. Please email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss. We would love another chance to meet your expectations.

Can't recommend

The layout is decent, but that is diminished by the fact that the course is surrounded by homes on every hole. The course is in awful condition. The primary grass grown in the fairway is crab. Parts of the fairway looked like rough. The greens probably haven't been rolled in years. The cart paths are in terrible shape. In the end, I paid $25 and overpaid.

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry that you had a poor experience at our course. We are working on improving our conditions daily. Please email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss and allow as a chance to rectify your experience.

Course was probably great 30 years ago

We had a 2:00 tee time and had to wait until 2:30 to tee off because they didn't have enough carts and were very disorganized in sending golfers out.. Several holes had a great design, but overall the course weaved throughout the neighborhood and we struggled to find the next hole several times. Several potential picturesque holes if it was maintained. It was almost impossible to find a yardage marker, the only ones they had hadn't been painted for years and were overgrown. There is only one bathroom on the front side and that is if you go to the pool which is at hole 8; there are no bathrooms on the back nine and no water on the course either (Finally on hole 16 a staff member came out in a cart and water cooler to offer water). It appears this course was majestic in its time, but sadly that must have been many years ago.

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We are continuously looking for ways to improve the course. The weather this season has made it difficult for us to get to the place we want to be, but we are still hopeful. Please do email us at glenmaryteetimes@outloook.com to further discuss if you wish. Thanks again.

Left a lot to be desired

Played here 12 years ago when it was in great condition. Today, not so great. Shows a lot of neglect, wear and tear. Still a challenging course and had an overall fun round. Staff was helpful and professional. With some TLC it could be much better course to play. The front 9 was really in overall poor condition and the back 9 was by far much better. I feel like I got my monies worth and will be back if it gets somewhat in better shape

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments, and would like to address them. We are aware that the current conditions are not exactly pristine, and we've been battling the drought/weather all season. We apologize about your experience, and would like you to know that we are continually working towards improving the course. Thank you for your comments about our staff. We're glad you found value in playing our course, and do hope you decide to give us another shot at meeting your expectations. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at Glenmary.

Slow and in bad condition

Arrived at the first tee and there were two or three groups waiting to tee off. First 3 holes were extremely slow. To be fair, it was probably the nicest day of the year and all the courses were slammed. The pace of play was fine after the first few holes. Most of the tee boxes lacked decent signage, trashcans, and ball washers. Some had dangerous looking steps that were in need of repair. The fairways are in really rough condition. Basically they are a mix of closely mowed crabgrass and other weeds, and they are extremely patchy--there is a lot of barren earth on the fairways so we were rolling our balls (sometime several feet) to find a decent surface. I don't know if it is drought or disease, but the fairways desperately need attention. The sand-traps were like packed concrete. It appeared they hadn't been raked out in a long time. The greens are pretty good for a $25 course. Honestly, I'm really confused where the money this Course generates goes, because it doesn't appear any has been put back into the course. I'm not trying to rag on them, but it's just strange. Here are my recommendations to the course based on the foregoing: 1. Spread your tee times out. Even if you have to increase your rates a little. People will pay a little more if it isn't a cattle call at the first tee. 2. Hire a full time or contract professional to take care of your fairways. They are in desperate need of TLC. 3. Invest in the details. Repair your steps to the tee boxes and the asphalt on the cart paths, purchase decent yardage markers, properly functioning ball washers, trashcans, etc. Rake out your bunkers in the morning before play begins, especially on the weekends. It doesn't have to be Augusta out there, but investing in the little things can really improve the golfer's experience. You can't control the layout, but you can control the details. All that said, we had a good time but probably won't be back until they start pumping some money back into the course.

Commented On 07/15/2015

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to thoroughly review our course. We appreciate your comments and have discussed them as a staff. To address your concerns, the course is currently in the condition it is due to the drought/weather this season. We apologize about the pace of play and are in discussion about intervals. Our maintenance team is doing the best they can and have put great effort into getting the course back where it needs to be. If you wish to further discuss, please email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com. We would love another chance at meeting your expectations, and to rectify your current experience.

Poor greens and fairways

The first few holes are not even driveable and the cart paths are detierated. I didn't mind the back 8 but don't slice or you will hit houses

Commented On 07/15/2015

Thanks for taking the time to review our course. Our conditions have been affected by the weather this season, and we do apologize for your average experience. At Glenmary, we strive to provide great service, and we'd like you to know we are continually working towards improving the course. Thanks again for your review.

Big Improvement!

I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived today for the first time this season, and saw the improvements that have been made to the course; The fairways were much greener, the greens were in good shape, and the bunkers had all been completely dug out and re-sanded! The worker in the pro shop and in the bar/restaurant were both very friendly and helpful, as was one groundskeeper that stopped to talk to us. There was a noticeable lack of ball washers, trash cans, and drinking water on the tee boxes, but at the rate the improvements are being made I'm sure this will be rectified soon. I'll be back soon!

Commented On 07/01/2015

We are so happy to see that you noticed the improvements and had an excellent experience with our staff! We hope to see you back soon!

The course is in good shape

We played a couple of weeks ago the course was rough Played again yesterday in the course look really good fairways in good shape greens in good shape and the most important the rough was cut down to a manageable level

Commented On 05/26/2015

Thank you so much for the positive review! We are working tirelessly to get the course back in to great shape, and are glad it isn't going unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you back!

Worst course in Louisville

Place is an absolute joke. Pro shop has nothing, fairways are dirt, and staff is terrible. There is never anyone there. You'd be lucky to get a bologna sandwich at the turn. I would never recommend glenmary to anyone

Commented On 05/26/2015

We are sorry that your experience at our facility was sub par to your expectations. We are still recovering from the bad weather a few weeks ago, and are working hard to get the course back into the condition it once was. Your comments are being taken into consideration and we will be working towards providing a better overall experience.

This course needs help

This course unfortunately needs a lot of help. The fairways are mostly weeds and bare dirt. The roughs need to be mowed so if you don't hit the bare fairways it is near impossible to find your ball. The sand traps are void of sand and overgrown with weeds. The cart paths are a disaster, smoother ride in the fairways and rough. Fortunately the greens are decent.

Commented On 05/26/2015

Thank you for your review. We are sorry about your experience at our course. We are still working towards getting our course conditions back to how they were prior to the bad weather we faced earlier this year. We are working on improvements daily, and hope you decide to try us again this summer.

First Visit

We found this place online and wondered why it was so inexpensive until we got there. It looks like the leftover shell of what used to be a decent club. The facilities are old and run down and the course is not maintained at all. Course layout was fine with a couple of holes being picturesque but it looked like it hadn't been mowed in weeks. There were brown spots all over the fairways, rough is way too high and greens are terrible. Not worth the $25 we paid.

Commented On 05/26/2015

We are so sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We are aware that our conditions aren't the greatest, but are working to improve upon them every day. Please email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com for a promo code towards your next round. We hope you decide to try us out again in the future.

People working at the course were excellent. They were very busy and tried very hard to get us out golfing on time.

We were paired with another person and had a great experience. The golf course was in need of moving the areas next to the fairway. This was due to excessive rain prior to our outing. Great holes, especially the 12th hole. Very enjoyable experience.

Commented On 04/30/2015

We are so glad that you had a good experience at our course and thank you for your patience. We hope to see you back soon!! Thanks again.

Good Course For the Price

I enjoyed this course, I was paired with a stranger-which I didn't care for and also made us share a cart when the course wasn't that busy. Luckily the guy turned out to be a really nice guy and we got along just fine. This is a very scenic course, especially #6 and #7, and the fairways aren't as narrow as they say, you have to really screw up to get into the houses that line the fairways.

Commented On 04/30/2015

Thanks for your overall positive review. We thank you for your patience and are glad that you ended up having a great time. Hope to see you back soon!

Louisville, Kentucky