2.1

Scorecard for Glenmary
Blue M: 72.4/135 451 406 332 530 424 328 387 157 391 3406 405 317 476 153 400 342 364 191 488 3136 6542
White M: 70.0/131 419 355 302 513 404 315 366 152 328 3154 357 289 432 141 379 316 346 152 463 2875 6029
Red W: 69.5/128 361 288 438 139 383 306 335 154 460 2864 361 288 438 139 383 306 335 154 460 2864 5728

Year Built 1990
Architect John Addington

Run down.

This course is in terrible shape. I've played it 5 times over the 2015 golf season and hoped to see improvements but the course is just getting worse. All the bunkers are solid dirt, the greens look like a wee patch, and the fairway grass is too long and court uneven! Not happy at all.
Pace of Play Average

Course in foreclosure

Greens haven't been watered and course looks almost abandoned. Not worth $12 a round..
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Good

More of the same

I have to echo the last several reviews. This course, while potentially fun to play, is in tle condition. 1. Carts are worn out. I had to stomp on the brake lock several times on most holes, and once on a steep incline I actually thought I wasn't going to get the brake locked. The brakes on my cart were weak and several times I had to jam them hard to stop the cart. 2. Paths are half gravel, pitted and pocked. They were so bumpy I actually got a little motion sick. 3. Holes are poorly marked and one sign is face down on the ground. The course doubles back and crosses streets a lot and I got lost a few times. 4. The caretaker who took my payment must have heard about the complaints regarding the water because he preempted me by telling me they can't put water out because kids in the neighborhood vandalize the water stands. 5. The fairways are little better than a dog track. 6. The greens are badly beat up and clearly most people don't repair their ball marks. I had to move my ball over six inches once because there were FOUR ball marks between my ball and the hole - for a six foot putt. 7. The clubhouse was musty and deserted. Amazingly I actually had a good time because I was playing well. I made a 50 foot putt on 17, I actually used one of the big pit marks on the green as an aiming point. But I won't play this course again. The shame of it is that this course, in its essence, is actually fun to play. The water is strategically placed and so are the bunkers. You have to think about your clubs; you can't just whale away with your driver on every par 4 or even par 5. Unfortunately, the condition is so bad that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

DO NOT PLAY HERE

This course is aweful.. I mean tall hairy greens and crab grass fairways. The conditions are beyond playable.. This place was nice 5 years ago.. Its a dirt road concrete crabgrass dump. Not sure how they cant get bermuda to grow i cant get rid of it in my landscapin beds just down the road.. Ur better off hitting balls into a net into ur oqn windows... I play a lot and this is a disgrace to golfers...
Staff Friendliness Poor

This course plays well

Had a great time playing the greens where good and the fairways
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Good
Value for the Money Good

Close this place

Horrible condition. Even the flag sticks are run down. No water on course or trash cans. Long grass in fairways.
Commented On 07/15/2015
Thanks for reviewing our course. We are sincerely sorry that your experience was poor. Although it is hard for us to read, we understand there is some frustration that comes with our current conditions. This season, the weather/drought has made it very hard to maintain our facility. We are continuing to look up, as we've been working hard to get the course back in good shape. Please do email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss. We do hope that you decide to provide us with another chance to meet your expectations in the near future. Thank you again.

You can tell they're working

Played this course 3 or 4 times a year for the past 3 years. It's been better than it is now, but it's also been a lot worse... you can tell the guys are out and about putting a lot of effort into the place... I love a couple of the holes, 6 is a great hole.. but really they need to put some new style to it.. I know that getting water flowing to the waterfall like thing between 7 and 8 is a lot to ask for, but if you could and then open it up so that it was the backdrop for the green in 7, it would be one of the best holes in the state, frankly that was a huge mistake by the architect to not do in the first place... and second of all, I'd change the way 18 plays... I hate having to hit an iron off the tee with no chance of cutting off the corner.. it's like a 350 carry, and 240 to the water from the tips, just makes it a no reward hole... just me thinking out loud... course still has a way to go... couple more years even, but at least they are putting forth an effort.
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Average
Commented On 07/15/2015
Thank you so much for noticing our efforts. We are working extremely hard towards improving the course. Your review is very thorough and thoughtful, and we appreciate all of your comments.

In need of major repair

Played on July 6th. This has the potential to be a beautiful course, but sadly is in utter disrepair. We had difficulty finding someone in the clubhouse to check-in with. Once we tracked someone down (the bartender), we found the carts to be beaten up and in poor condition. The cart paths are awful. There are very large potholes in numerous places. In addition to the potholes most of the paths are completely eroded. The paths are also very poorly marked. The course is very winding and there are a number of areas that require driving through the neighborhood. The path will often spit you out into the neighborhood and it is very confusing on where you should go (no sign, no connecting path insight). There are no water stations or ball cleaners. The fairways are very spotty with a mix of mud/dirty and spotty grass. The rough is very thick. The greens are also very spotty. The sad part is that this could be an exceptional course, but the poor conditions are so bad I won't be playing here again for any price more then $10.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Average
Commented On 07/15/2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We apologize about your experience on July 6th. We were short staffed that day, but nonetheless, that's not an excuse. The carts, as you mentioned, are not in great condition. But, we are getting a new fleet in on Friday! We are excited, and trying our best to improve upon the overall golf experience here every day. Please email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss. We would love another chance to meet your expectations.

Can't recommend

The layout is decent, but that is diminished by the fact that the course is surrounded by homes on every hole. The course is in awful condition. The primary grass grown in the fairway is crab. Parts of the fairway looked like rough. The greens probably haven't been rolled in years. The cart paths are in terrible shape. In the end, I paid $25 and overpaid.
Commented On 07/15/2015
Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry that you had a poor experience at our course. We are working on improving our conditions daily. Please email us at glenmaryteetimes@outlook.com to further discuss and allow as a chance to rectify your experience.

Course was probably great 30 years ago

We had a 2:00 tee time and had to wait until 2:30 to tee off because they didn't have enough carts and were very disorganized in sending golfers out.. Several holes had a great design, but overall the course weaved throughout the neighborhood and we struggled to find the next hole several times. Several potential picturesque holes if it was maintained. It was almost impossible to find a yardage marker, the only ones they had hadn't been painted for years and were overgrown. There is only one bathroom on the front side and that is if you go to the pool which is at hole 8; there are no bathrooms on the back nine and no water on the course either (Finally on hole 16 a staff member came out in a cart and water cooler to offer water). It appears this course was majestic in its time, but sadly that must have been many years ago.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Fair
Commented On 07/15/2015
Thanks for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your comments and feedback. We are continuously looking for ways to improve the course. The weather this season has made it difficult for us to get to the place we want to be, but we are still hopeful. Please do email us at glenmaryteetimes@outloook.com to further discuss if you wish. Thanks again.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019