Rum Pointe Golf Course

Situated just a few miles south of Ocean City, Rum Pointe Seaside Golf Links has a scenic location on the Sinexpuxent Bay that overlooks Assateague National Seashore Park. Pete Dye and his son P.B. designed the course. The renowned father/son team created a Scottish links-style course with no less than 17 holes that have a view of the bay and plenty of risk-reward opportunities. More daring players may try to shorten the distance on a few holes by starting their ball over water. There are five diverse sets of tees allowing it to be challenging enough to be a PGA Tour stop from the back tees, but there are also middle tees that are forgiving enough for beginners to approach with confidence. The golf course is the only one in the area that features bentgrass on the fairways and greens.
Scorecard for Rum Pointe Seaside Golf Links
Black M: 72.6/122 422 177 509 393 175 398 471 540 419 3504 505 369 400 501 223 407 463 185 444 3497 7001
Blue M: 70.4/118 396 153 484 367 153 372 434 517 396 3272 485 346 357 481 203 384 425 158 412 3251 6523
White M: 68.0/113 W: 74.6/129 365 138 456 332 127 356 403 489 381 3047 468 330 324 415 176 356 375 127 386 2957 6004
Red W: 70.3/120 318 125 421 281 100 301 354 438 356 2694 432 279 272 380 157 325 313 101 323 2582 5276

Year Built 1997
Architect P. B. Dye (1997) Pete Dye (1997)

Practice Hole Yes

Group Getaways 13

Nicely improved

Played here in an outing (something I didn't realize they did). Beautiful layout along the bay with a nice Scottish feel (expect for the lush rough). The day was very windy and it rained for 15 minutes, but still a terrific day.

Played the white tees as that's what the group had us play. Blue would be better since even on the whites they did what a lot of these courses do - move the tees forward a little.

Greens were very smooth and rolled true, not really fast. Bunkers in good shape and fairways in excellent condition. Overall much better than when I played here a couple of years ago. Can't say that for most of the other OC courses.

What I don't understand is how this course even from the Blue tees is rated so low! Blue has a rating and slope of 70.4/118 for 6500 yds. White at just over 6000 is 68.3/113!! That's the average for all courses in the US. That cant be. This course is much harder than that. Closer to 130 even from the whites. They need to re-rate this.

Immaculate Condition

Course was in pristine shape. Greens were receptive, but fast and had no ball marks. A true must play.

Beautiful bayside links

From the photos on the website I could tell this would be a scenic course, and it definitely lived up to its billing. It's mostly a wide-open links layout with plenty of water in play and more sand than any course I've ever played. Not every hole has the most spectacular view, but plenty do and even the ones that aren't right on the water are picture perfect.

The course itself is immaculately maintained, lush fairways and greens that roll perfectly. You'll see throngs of shorebirds, from osprey to egrets to red-winged blackbirds, which always adds a little extra enjoyment for me. The course is definitely tough enough to offer a challenge, but wide open enough that it's not penalizing for being a little wayward off the tee.

My only minor quibbles were about the staff not being very helpful when it came to checking in, getting a cart, finding our way to the range and the first tee, and the restaurant in the clubhouse taking forever to bring our (admittedly tasty) lunch. Still, this course is definitely a gem and more than worth your time and money.

A Must for a Buddies outting

Went on a Buddies outing. Of the three courses we played this was my favorite. I found it challenging with a lot of course management skills required. This is a scenic course and I am sure even prettier when the weather is nice. We had a lot of rain the week we were at OC Md. Despite the weather we had a great time a Rum Pointe and really want to come back and play it in better weather. Greens were challenging and tee shots had to be planned I did not find this course a grip it and rip it type of course.

New Jersey Advisor

Must play if you visit Ocean City for Golf

When we were planning our golf trip to Ocean City, this was the most expensive course on the list but it was worth it!

The course is beautiful and provides a nice balance of holes "in the woods" and "on the ocean" with great views. It is not a hard course but I believe it would play differently every day based on the weather.

We did not have great weather (e.g., it was cloudy, a bit windy, the air was heavy and sprinkles off and on) but that did not dampen the fun.

The only down side was pace of play. Or more specifically, a foursome in front of us with no clue on golf etiquette and there was never a ranger on course to speak to about the guys in front of us.

I walked off the course thinking if I come back to Ocean City, I would play this course again.

Slowest round of golf ever

Started @ 12:50 finally finished @6:40. We were paired with a couple from Montreal and they were very nice people and could play the game unfortunately the three groups in front of us were the slowest bunch we've ever seen and to go along with that couldn't pickup thier feet on the greens and never once picked up a rake / and they were in bunkers all day long sometimes for at least 8min)never fixed a ball mark on the greens. We knew we were in trouble when two from thier group took seven shots to reach the first fairway, but we never saw a ranger all day it was criminal. This has always been a nice layout But I think with all these package deals your getting the worst players and thier tearing up rum pointe. The blonde gal in the bar area was the only plus for this day as we had lunch with her before we started and everything was great until first tee which we even started behind our scheduled tee time. Won't be back here for a long time

Nice course but...

Course was as nice as I remembered, however, I was in town on vacation and was a single. They paired me up as I requested but when I arrived the twosome didn't want anyone with them and they did nothing to Pair me with snyone else . Nice course but if you're a single don't expect them to bend over backwards to pair you up. Goes without saying pace of play horrible as single behind several foursomes.

Always A Good Option

Rum Pointe has always been in good shape. Not a big fan of several of the holes early on, which feel like they're next to a drainage pond. But once you reach #8 the bay views are nice, and you can really feel it kick up in the afternoon and affect the playing conditions. The clubhouse restaurant offers a view of golfers finishing up on 18.

Nice course!

We really liked this course. Beautiful, well maintained course! The staff was very nice and friendly. We didn't eat anything there so really can't review the food. Nice course, GPS in cart = we had a really enjoyable day. Price is a bit high but if you shop for a deal and are flexible with your tee times it can be really nice for the price. We played in the early afternoon for $55 but most others seemed to pay between $79 - $98 on a weekday.

Rum Pointe 9/23/15

Rum Pointe never disappoints... Always an excellent round of golf. The course was in great shape as usual, and the views are spectacular. Can't wait to play there again... Love it!

Always in good shape

Love this course. Always in good shape. Staff always friendly & personable. Pace of play pretty good. Very fun layout. Very playable.

Don't miss this one

Challenging but fair course. Great layout and beautiful views. Will be back again.

Rum pointe

It was a beautiful course and well kept it was definitely one of my favorite courses I've ever played definitely recommend this one to all

Excellant Choice

My first time playing and I found it to be everything I anticipated. The course was in excellent condition and the scenic views were amazing.

Great First Visit But . . .

Great layout and scenery and the course was in great shape. We saw bald eagle on the first hole. After our threesome played the front nine in 100 minutes it took us 2.5 hours to play the back 9. A mixed foursome with 3 carts took 2.5 hours to play the back 9 without ever waiting for a shot. They refused to let faster groups play through. It would have been worse except the staffer who cleans clubs at the 18th green sensed something was wrong when no one had come up the 18th hole for a very long time. He drove out to nudge the slow group to play faster. It didn't seem to help much but we appreciated the effort. The bar was closing as we finished. Did not get to check that out. I can't imagine too many people linger at the 19th hole after they have played a 5 hour round.

Great bay views

Nice layout with great views of the bay. Staff was very friendly. Nice facilities at the clubhouse. Fairways are well maintained and the greens were in great shape.

A work of art.

This is a great course to play and be on, for both the golf, the views, and the wildlife. Make sure you do not forget to adjust for the wind, being on the coast you get a solid breeze which can be different on every hole. Enjoy, we do every time.

ck4

Best at the beach

Rum Pointe, in my view, is the best course in the Delmarva area. I've played all the marquee courses down here, and always come back to Rum Pointe. Views, course conditions, value....it has it all. It can play completely different from day to day according to ever present wind conditions. Spectacular views and it asks you to consider taking risks in order to score. Just a fun fair test of golf..been going there for years and will continue to.

Never dissapoints!

Probably my favorite course for the money in OC. Course played excellently, even though heavy rains for the 2 days prior. Fairways dry, greens in great shape. Starter was very informative, and pro shop and servers very friendly. Make it a point to play here every time I come to OC. The only problem we had was biting flies blowing in from Assateague. Front nine was bite free, then wind shifted in the evening, to out of the East and these things got serious. Regular Off was not a deterrent. Won't keep us from going back, though.

I think Rum Point is the best course for the price in Ocean City Md