River Run Golf Course

River Run Golf Club in Ocean City is just minutes away from the beach. The golf course has different front and back nines that make for an interesting round. This Gary Player design starts out across a wide-open landscape before moving on to more tree-lined terrain on the backside. The tighter back nine is tougher than the first nine but overall it's an approachable golf course. The player-friendly layout is gentle enough for beginners with medium-sized greens that aren't especially difficult and generous fairways that offer plenty of room. There is modest bunkering along the greens and fairways and a few lakes and some marshland come into play as well. While River Run Golf Club may not be the most formidable test, the course provides just enough of a challenge for scratch golfers.
River Run Golf Club
Scorecard for River Run Golf Club
Black M: 73.2/137 338 187 558 222 554 385 384 169 434 3231 367 418 396 369 207 614 165 527 411 3474 6705
Blue M: 70.9/133 328 177 535 174 542 375 375 164 415 3085 354 387 386 345 188 572 140 501 395 3268 6353
Gold M: 69.9/128 314 165 520 159 527 362 359 153 391 2950 343 384 370 335 180 545 130 480 379 3146 6096
White M: 67.9/124 W: 73.0/136 296 148 474 141 510 322 313 136 368 2708 326 370 334 286 156 510 122 455 362 2921 5629
Red M: 64.1/119 W: 68.3/125 251 120 421 125 457 289 225 125 327 2340 264 300 293 262 120 440 106 396 297 2478 4818

Year Built 1991
Architect Gary Player (1991)

19th Hole Specials 7

What happened to the greens???

Have played this course every year around this time and found the conditions of the course not as good as in past years. The wet conditions is not the fault of the course but the bumpiness of the greens is the responsibility of the course management. This is an excellent layout with challenging water hazards and sand traps (that have not been maintained too well). Pro shop/starter personnel are friendly. On course workers should be instructed to stop work when golfers are teeing off - 3 workers with blowers continued their assault on fallen leaves when we teed off on the 10th. Look forward to playing again next year hoping for better. conditions.

Leave your driver in the bag

We played this course for the first time this year and while it was a tad damp n cold we enjoyed the course and the people that run it.

There are lots of narrow fairways and doglegs that require accuracy off the tee and approaches. As a group we liked the challenge. We would recommend it to others and play again.

Whole course overwatered

Course is being overwatered. Soggy everywhere. Fungus on many greens. Seems like Black tees were an afterthought. My kitchen table is bigger than some of the black tee off area’s. Most of them were all crabgrass or dirt. Aside from items mentioned above, it is a nice track. Nice design and layout. Challenging from the Black tees. Long and challenging par 3’s.

Disappointed with conditions

I always make this course a must stop when I’m in ocean city because it was always in greatt condition but this time was not the case. First we were warned about them aerating the T-boxes which was really not that bad considering they tried to make as nice as they could but the fairways and greens had a lot of bare spots and in some cases the there was mud on some of the greens that you would have to move the ball to the best spot to putt. To say the least my group was really disappointed with the conditions this trip.

River Run?

Staff was very friendly and the Gary Player design is very interesting! However, the Course in rough shape due to recent greens aeration! Rough was extremely high and spent a lot of time looking for balls. Should be beautiful in September!

Indy Advisor

Horrible Service/Conditions

River Run is in poor shape after the recent deluge of rain. Worse than War Admiral nearby. Many greens are just bare mud (see attached pic) as are several fairways/fringes/rough areas. The layout itself is somewhat interesting, with water and tree lined fairways, but there are better choices around in the area. Especially when you factor in arguably the worst customer service I've experienced on a course in a while. I'd call the pro shop and cart guy rude, but that would be insulting to rude people. They act like they are protecting Augusta National, and are very snappy and condescending. Even loading the cart was a big production, let along being told 15 times what my starting time was and to "not go near the tee until then at all or else". I paid my money to play golf, not be treated like a child. Add to that the $10 coupon I had from a local coupon guide was not off the dynamic rate I booked on their webpage, but the rack rate - so the $10 coupon turned into a $1 coupon. Again, I was just snapped at for even asking about it. The course is not worth anything near what they charge. I recommend you avoid the mistake I made and go elsewhere.

rbeckelman
Commented On 2018-09-17T17:20:31.000+00:00

I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience at River Run. It is inexcusable to receive poor treatment at the hands of customer service personnel at a golf course or any business. It is our goal to make all guests feel welcome and comfortable here, and I am disappointed that we failed you here. I will assure you that it has been addressed with my staff, and I hope to never again fail a guest in this way. If you would like to have a futher conversation, please call or email me at: 410-641-7200

bbeckelman@riverrungolf.com

My favorite course for over 25 years

Sunny, hot and humid today - normal August weather here at the shore. Torrential rain and thunderstorm lasted about seven minutes!! As a local, we play here regularly. GolfNow's prices for prime-time summer are better than our "local" rate.

Great restaurant too.

July 7

Every one in the pro shop was accommodating. Thank you. With an early t time (before 7 am) , nothing was open No breakfast or coffee. Shack at turn was also closed on a Saturday in July. Decent course but amenities could have been better. No cart person on course.

Great lay out. Cart path only and very hot but enjoyed the round. Played 6100 yds. 55 y/o and 5 handicap. Plenty of course. Driver 240yd then 6,7,8 irons in. Greens just ok but very acceptable..Oh, I played with my wife who shot 112. Still enjoyed myself !

Love this course!

A friend and I golfed River Run for the 3rd time. We weren’t disappointed. The course is in great shape! The starter and staff are very friendly. We will definitely be back!

Excellent conditions

Enjoyed our round. Course was in great shape.Due to threatening weather pace of play was fine. Always enjoy this course,the free range balls are a plus as well

good vacation course

I have played River Run several times. Our group went off first thing in the morning. The course was in good shape, but the grass was a little high due to recent significant rain. I will return.

Playable course;rough tough

We get a fair price for this course on Golf Now. In previous rounds at River Run, the tee times were delayed but this time they were on time with no problem. There has been a lot of rain in this area and the course was not wet but the rough is thick and long . Greens were average speed.. It’s a public course so you have some foursomes who insist on playing from the back tees whether their games are up to it or not. This does delay play. Enjoyable course.

Didn't make it past 6th hole. Rained so hard ranger called in everyone. he said it was first time he ever did that. the six holes we played seamed very nice and we wished we could play more. another day for sure

4.0920470588