Year Built 1990
Architect Steve Smyers

Snacks

Clubhouse

Best Value in Louisville

Nevel Meade in my opinion is the best value course in Louisville area! The upkeep of the course is on par and even better than some private courses here. It has a friendly layout that doesn't punish players while still posing unique challenges. Very friendly staff that make the experience even better. Highly recommend playing here!

Indy Advisor

Solid Links Style Course

Nevel Meade is in solid shape for this time of year (December). Was lucky to get out to test the links style course on a chilly day, and had the course mostly to myself. I could see it being a brute when windy and in firm/fast condition. Greens were winter-slow, and I could see them being a fun test in season.

Layout was interesting, and it looks like aside from building the traps and water on #6 there wasn't much change to the rolling landscape. No trees in play, and only that water feature on #6. Lots of elevation change on the back, and a few blind tee shots along the way, so you likely need to play it a couple times to know your lines. Would recommend it to anyone around the Louisville area, and I'll be back in season.

Best deal in town !

This course is always in great shape. The fairways are wide and the greens are large. The layout is beautiful. The pro shop has a good selection of golf merchandise. The pro is fairly new, but has made great changes to the club in a very short time. He’s always thinking of new ways to improve the course. He’s constantly introducing new games and tournaments that include members and non-members.

One of the top munis in the area

I believe that every golfer in the Louisville area should play Nevel Meade at least once a year. It’s my favorite course in the area outside the top 4 or 5 private courses.
It is an incredible Smyers design featuring various types of holes, sizable elevation changes on almost every hole, contoured greens, and a rare taste of bent fairways to the region. It is a challenging course due to its large elevation changes, including blind tee shots on multiple holes, contoured greens, large bunkering, elevated greens, penalizing hay grasses for big misses, and wind exposure due to no trees on the course. It includes tough half par holes and very scoreable holes including the fun 6th and 16th, and joke of a par 5 18th.
Hard course to walk, golf carts contain GPS, definitely worth a visit at least once a year.

Great Value for a Great Course

Absolutely loved this course. The course was in excellent condition and really enjoyed the links layout. Interesting mix of holes including the unique Par 4 16th. I will definitely be back.

Nice course unfriendly staff

The only reason they are receiving 3 stars from me is because the course is in great shape and always challenging but fun to play. Unfortunately they don't have the staff to match. We were only a twosome but they let a six players in one group play in front of us for most of the front 9 when we made the turn I mentioned to employees in the clubhouse and his reply was not only rude but arrogant. The customer service really should be reevaluated its very disappointing.

Tennessee Advisor

Did not dissappoint

I played here many times while on business and last played 5 years ago. Back in the area again and I couldn't wait to play. It did not disappoint.

The course was in very good condition and the greens were well maintained. The layout was as challenging and fun to play as I remembered. The car ride to the course was also a pleasurable trip through classic Kentucky.

I hope to be back again soon.

Worth the drive ....just outside of Louisville, great staff and course

Fairways and greens in excellent condition . Pace of play , 3 hrs 40 min with early tee time . Driving range and top notch carts with GPS. Staff extremely friendly and wanting to insure you have a good golf experience! Well stocked pro shop with clothing and shoes. Links course layout that you will enjoy playing! Don’t miss an opportunity to play Nevel Meade !

Amazing course

Today was the first time I’ve ever played the course as I was always intimidated by the tall grass surrounding every fairway. Let me tell ya, that course was in such great shape and so good, that I will become a member soon! Great facility and Robert, the PGA pro, was awfully kind!

Plus I shot the lowest round I’ve ever played, so I have to be a big fan!!

Response from on 07/31/2018:
Hello acpope10, thank you for the five-star review, We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. Great playing and we hope to see you again at Nevel Meade Golf Course!

Course is in great shape.

Typical link style course. Some blind shots. Some doglegs. Fast greens, in great shape. Fairways are plush. Nice practice area. Easy to find, just off the interstate.

Response from on 07/26/2018:
Hello ribeyeman, thank you for the five-star review. We are enjoyed our course layout and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Always a Gem

Nevel Meade is one of my top 3 favorite courses in the area. Great course layout that makes you really think about club selection instead of just pulling driver on every tee box. Greens were very soft and receptive, yet they rolled very quickly compared to others I’ve played recently. Wish this was so much out of my way going home, but it’s always worth stopping to play for the value.

Response from on 07/26/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

the macpherson foursome

great track in good condition with semi quick greens and country club fairways

Response from on 07/16/2018:
Hello garymacpherson, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Good course but pace of play poor

Great course,great condition, great weather. The only drawback was pace of play. 5+ hours is inexcusable when previous rounds here has only taken 4 hours at the most. Will still be back.

Response from on 07/13/2018:
Hello Blukatt1234567890000, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and we appreciate your feedback on the sub par pace of play. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from on 07/10/2018:
Hello lschevitz, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great experience. We also appreciate your rating on our pace of play. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from on 07/10/2018:

Quality course with exceptional customer service

Every single time I visit my hometown in Kentucky, I try to play at Nevel Meade. The staff is incredible and so helpful anytime you need them. The course is always in good shape and I’m never disappointed in the quality of the course! Highly recommend this course!

Nice layout in great shape

Played a quick morning 18 friendly staff. Nice layout. Great conditions on fairways amd greens. And GPS on the cart too! I will be back again next time i visist kentucky.

Response from on 07/09/2018:
Hello peteco66, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

One of the Best in Louisville

In my opinion, Nevel Meade ranks near or at the top of golf courses in and around Louisville. Tees, Fairways, Greens, Bunkers were all in perfect condition and the rough is very manageable. We played on a Hot Deal for $40 on a Friday morning so the pace of play was outstanding. they have a practice putting green and nice driving range to warm up before the round. Their are several tee box choices to choose from for every level of golfer. The carts have a GPS readout on them that we found very useful. There aren't any hole layouts, just Front, Middle, Back yardages. Ultimately, if you are looking for a beautiful, fun course, this is one. You will not be disappointed if you choose to play at Nevel Meade. Highly recommended.

Response from on 07/05/2018:
Hello Duvy, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and affordable rates. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Very nice golf course

Beautiful golf course. Very challenging.
Here are the drawbacks:
* No beer.
* Greens were pretty beat up.
* There is NO shade. It was humid the day we played, but not overly hot. A 95 degree day on this track would be brutal.

I will definitely play it again. The entire foursome enjoyed the challenge.

Response from on 07/02/2018:
Hello u868404602, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great experience. We also appreciate your feedback on not serving beer, on the greens, and on the lack of shade. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!
Response from on 06/27/2018:
Hello bohood08, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Nevel Meade Golf Course. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!
Goshen, Kentucky