Nevel Meade Golf Club

GPS: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

u1933652's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 05/16/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Nevel Meade Golf Course in Prospect. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

"Had to cancel"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Friend got sick and it was raining. I just completed chemo and can’t play in the rain. Course was open so not eligible for refund Paid $96 and didn’t get to play.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 05/07/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are sorry you were unable to play, we suggest you reach out to GolfNow for a refund or credit for your round. Thank you for the excellent ratings and we hope to see you at Nevel Meade Golf Course again soon!

"A little rain on Derby Day"

dgrecon2's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Decided to tempt fate and got a 1pm tee time. The weather cooperated until the 14th hole. We gave it our best effort and even purchased rain gloves so we could hold on to our clubs. When the monsoon started we could no longer putt, so we called it a day. The course offered to rain check us for the four holes we didn’t get to play. I declined, the offer through GolfNow was great and I thought I had gotten my money’s worth.

I gave an average score for off Course amenities because I did not use them but I’m almost certain they were just as nice as the rest of this round.

The staff was super friendly, the course in immaculate condition and as I said in the opener, the weather cooperated until the 14th.

This is the nicest course I have played in Louisville this year and that includes two country clubs. The greens were true and quick, the pace of play was only made better by the threat of the weather, and GPS on the carts was nice so I didn’t have to step off distances from yardage markers.

All in all, I would definitely recommend and I will definitely be back even if I have to pay full price.

The greens were true and quick,

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 05/07/2018:

Hello dgrecon2, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course in Prospect and we hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2018

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 05/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star rating. We are glad you had an excellent golf experience at Nevel Meade Golf Course in Prospect. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

"Nevel Meade"

u1933652's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

I played the front nine and loved it! My experience was definitely worth the price. The course was in great condition and the staff was friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back!

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 04/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout, playing conditions, affordable rates, and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course in Prospect and we hope to see you again soon!

"Love this course!"

Justin8131303's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

This course is somewhat of a drive from my house but always worth it. There were hurricane force winds making play challenging. However, 70 and sunny in Kentucky on a February day makes for supreme optimism. Course is in great shape for the time of year and we got a great deal.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 02/23/2018:

Hello Justin8131303, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and affordable rates. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Prospect!

"Great--As Always"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/16/2017

Third or fourth time playing, all this year. Was great, just like the other times. Never had a complaint playing here. The pace was a bit slow, due to several foursome ahead of me, one of the groups was walking. But I was in no hurry so it didn't bother me. Overall it was the same great course as always. Paid a little more than I typically would, but not too much. Still definitely worth it.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 12/20/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and playing conditions. We also appreciate your feedback on our pace of play. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Prospect area!

"Tremendous venue!"

DGKittle's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

The course gives you a nice taste of Scotland. It's a tough venue in generally great to good condition year round. Scenic and quiet! The traps need new sand which they're attempting to remedy and the cart paths should be completely resurfaced not patched as has been done. The clubhouse amenities, food and beverage choices are weak and should be upgraded to the level of the course itself. If you're a handicap is +15 Nevel Meade is above your pay grade! Worth the money.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 12/27/2017:

Hello DGKittle, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on our bunkers, cart paths, clubhouse amenities and food and beverage choices; we have escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Prospect area!

"Great shape"

james1957's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

Great shape, great weather for December. $26 on Golf Now, booking fee a little high, $7 for 2 golfgers. GPS in carts was nice.Good pace.very good experience.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 12/08/2017:

Hello james1957, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions, the pace of play, and affordable rates. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Good variety of holes."

u00000193057's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I wish that the greens would have held better. Tough to guess what club to use.

The variety of holes is nice.

Being a disabled veteran, I had to skip the 17th hole due to the long walk to get to shots from the fairway across the creek. Why not just build a cart bridge?

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 12/01/2017:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We appreciate your feedback on our greens and on building a cart bridge. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to play our 17th hole but we are glad you enjoyed our course layout. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon.

"Jigsaw Puzzle of a Course, but Fun"

skipsurf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/02/2017

First time on this track, and altho the carts have yardage meters, that was no help to me walking. So I was generally ignorant on distances, especially with *very* limited yardage markers on the holes, and none at all on the tees. Even finding where the next holes were located was a challenge, since the scorecard only lists the holes individually, not the entire layout.

That said, the traditional links format is a nice contrast to other courses in the area. Altho it seemed like the entire maintenance crew was mowing during my round, there is still *plenty* of the usual long grass to punish errant shots, along with strategically placed traps. (Which definitely can happen if you don't know where to hit on the many blind shots.). Greens were running true, to about an 8. I'll take my first-time 80 and be satisfied, and try it again if there's a decent rate. Altho probably on a day with less wind, since as usual on a links course with plenty of wind, I was needing two clubs less or more from hole to hole. *When or if* I could actually determine yardage.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 11/06/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a nice round on the course and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

"One of the BEST Around"

marcwhit1969's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017

I have played Nevel for over 15 years and it never disappoints! Challenging and fair, STAY out of the tall rough and you are good. Excellent set up and always well manicured.

This is the course of choice when I have friends in town that want to get 18 or 36 in. The clubhouse could be upgraded to make it more inviting, but after a round here ......the clubhouse is insignificant.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 12/01/2017:

Hello marcwhit1969, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and playing conditions. We also appreciate your feedback on our clubhouse. Thank you for your continued business and we hope to see you again soon!

Hremery's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/12/2017

The course was in excellent condition. The greens held and the rough was playable. Although I did not score well, it was not the fault of the course!!

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 10/16/2017:

Hello Hremery, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the course conditions and pace of play. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Good course, great shape"

Robert1860786's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

Played the course for the first time and loved the conditioning. In very good shape; greens were perfect. Layout is a little funky so scoring favors the repeat player.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 12/14/2017:

Hello Robert1860786, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions, especially our greens. We also appreciate your feedback on our course layout. Thank you for visiting Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"A Must Play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

We were in the area for a trade show and heard this was the place to play. We pulled into the lot and were mesmerized by the beauty. Walked up to the clubhouse and were taken baxk by the lack of friendliness by the staff. My buddy forgot his shoes so he purchased a pair but had to pull teeth for help. No hello or welcome but we paid and had a blast. The course was in fantastic shape. A true links course with several blind shots. A true test of your skills. If I'm ever back in the area, I'll play here again.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 10/23/2017:

Hello u5212808, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback about our staff. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

Russell6471525's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/28/2017

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 10/06/2017:

Hello Russell6471525, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you had an excellent experience at Nevel Meade Golf Course. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

"Beautiful and fun to play. One of the best."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

I absolutely love this course. I was excited to get back here, since the last time I played the course it ate me up and spit me back out. And boy am I glad I came back. It's so beautiful here. Great tee boxes, beautiful fairways, challenging greens, everything you could want in a golf course, and its open to the public! One of, if not the best, public courses in the area. And reasonably priced. Even better with a hot deal from golf now. I played for less than 30 bucks. All I can say is, do not pass up the opportunity to play this course. I will DEFINITELY be back. Sooner than later, I hope.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 10/06/2017:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and playing conditions. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"CoUrse in Garett shape"

Mk11181949's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/26/2017

Nevel Meade is one of my favorite public play courses. It is almost always in fantastic shape. The pace of play great and I enjoy the layout.

Response from Nevel Meade Golf Course on 10/06/2017:

Hello Mk11181949, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and pace of play. Thank you for playing Nevel Meade Golf Course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great course!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

Great layout. Great condition. Great value. My game wasn't that great, but I'll be back!

"Good value for money"

Robert1860786's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2017

Course in good shape. Greens in great shape. Got behind 3 some who never heard of letting someone thru. Ranger non-existent. Aside from pace of play liked the course. Will go back.