Shelbyville Country Club

Year Built 1934

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Men: collared golf shirts required, no excessively baggy clothing permitted. Women: sleeveless shirts must have collars. Jeans permitted for winter months.

Nice course, A lot of fun.

Overall the course was in very good shape. All the fairways were in excellent shape; however, a few of the greens could use some work as could some of the tee boxes. For the hot dry conditions of late, I would say they were doing a pretty good job. I am always intrigued by course layouts, and while it wasn't conducive to walking at times, it was fairly well done. There is some water in play and bunkers around most of the greens. One had to be careful at times not to drive through a dogleg and be jeopardized by the trees on the far side. All in all a great day and a lot of fun.

Shelbyville Country Club

Friendly staff killer brats! Course was in great shape and pace of play was good. The layout was interesting ending with a long par 3 over water. Par 5 tee shots were tight. Looking forward to playing it again.

Course good, staff and members something else

I was paired with three other gentlemen. We were all about the same skill level. That was not the problem. As we were coming up the ninth fairway, the man from the pro shop met us. He told us we needed to play faster. We played the front nine in 2 hour and 13 minutes. Apparently the threesome behind us called and complained. He also told us we could split into two twosomes on the back nine to speed up play. We all played together and finished the back nine in 2 hours. I approached him in the pro shop to question the problem. I expressed I thought 2 hour and 13 minutes was not a slow time. He said they expect everyone to play 9 holes in two hours, and yes some members complained. I like to enjoy golf and not be rushed. Maybe they should go private. I will not play there again.

Paid less for better

Easy to schedule a time. Log jammed on course. Spent a lot of time waiting. They did have more people then usual on the course since their member/guest tourney is this weekend.

Worst greens I’ve seen in a long time.
Golf Cart also ran out of gas while playing...

Good semi-private course

Played using GolfNow Father's Day discount and hot deal. Great value for the money. Greens are coming along great after disease issues in 2018. While it's not long, the layout and greens make it challenging. As a non-member, staff treated me well. This is a fun course. Definitely be back.

A good day off work

The fairways were in great shape. There were 2 or 3 greens that had some issues, but they were mainly in pretty good shape. The layout of the holes is a bit confusing and some of the holes are short, but the degree of difficulty on the shorter holes makes the course more difficult.

I would play the course again and would also recommend others to play it.

Crazy layout

Just a very strange layout. Actually played the wrong hole a few times. Fairways were great. Greens were rough but it’s early in the season. Mainly just the course layout was off putting.

Early Soring Surprise

Course was in early spring condition-grass still coming in. Many tee boxes were being reseeded for the season. The layout is great and very playable for the “bogey-golfer.” I scored one of my lower scores in a while and it was my first round of the year. I got this round for $16 on a Hot Deal, so it was excellent for the price. For the full price, I’d want to see the greens in much better shape.

Members only

Course is ok. Greens were fast but have tremendous amount of mold damage. We came up to a 4 some of members that refused to let us play thru, even when they hit the call repeated OB and looked for it forever. Followed them for 7 holes. Finally on 18 we gave up and did not finish since they all hit it in the lake. There are better courses for same $$ that golfer use etiquette. Won’t go back and do not recommend

Decent but in rough shape

I enjoyed playing this course, I was able to get an early morning tee time so pace was pretty good. The greens were in very rough shape. Burn patches and sand spots on quite of few greens. For the price it was a fun play and challenging enough.

Challenging Course.

Shot making challenge. Great fairways and tee boxes. Greens have some bad sports but roll well.

$25 round

1st time visitor , greens were fast and pins were challenging.
Course layout was very odd. Fairways looked like typical August. Staff friendly and 19th hole was nice. Odds & ends pro shop.

Horrible! Close the Course.

Greens are unplayable! When you call to reserve a tee time, the fair thing would be to tell about the issues with the greens. No place on any green could you hit a chip shot or putt to the hole without " kid playground sand" filling the bare spots in your way to the hole. Course should be closed until they get control of the issue. Still charging $42 to play is a joke.

Very Rough

Was looking forward to playing here as it's been a few years. They had pretty much lost all of their greens and they were super slow. The fairways weren't really much lower than rough height. Hopefully it was just a bad weather issue and they can get this course back in shape next year. Played it for $25 which all in all is not bad but could have paid $2 extra and played a metro parks course in Louisville in better shape. I may try again next year.

In Much Better Shape

Second time on this track, first time was pretty ragged. Fairways and greens are in excellent shape right now, so compliments to the maintenance crew. Rough is probably intentionally long, but deep enough you'll lose balls that should be in plain sight. Overall, with a GolfNow deal, price of the better playing deals in the area at the moment.

I liked the layout

It is a nice course with some challenging and picturesque holes. I would play it again.

Great course, rude staff

Booked my tee time as a single w Golf Now. Rate was quoted at $32. Paid $4 in fees w Golf Now and was told I would pay $30 at the course. When I arrived, I was told it was $39 and that I wasn't allowed to walk as a single because they were "covered up." They showed me the tee sheet and the next closest group to me (again as a single and the first player on the course) was an hour an a half later. In fact, said group was teeing off as I made the turn. Overall, the pro shop staff made it seem as though I was bothering them by wanting to come play golf.

Course was in great shape but I won't be back bc they don't allow walkers.

Shelbville Country Club

Shelbyville Country Club is a great course. The Clubhouse had great prices on refreshments, food, and beer. The course itself was quite challenging with many blind hills, and lots of water. Ball placement was key on several holes. The Kentucky Bluegrass fairways stay green year round and are really nice to hit off. Can't wait to get back and improve my score here!

Golf

The best course most friendly people ever met fairways excellent, greens unbelievable remember this was Dec 21,five star as far as I am cocerned would be a member if didn't like playing different courses.. Again friendless people ever and staff.

Shelbyville, Kentucky