Tanglewood Golf Course

Year Built 1983
Architect Buck Blankenship

Carts Yes - included in green fee

1st Time at Tanglewood

Overall the course was not super hard. There were a couple of holes that punished even the best of tee shots. Like the par-5 number 13 that sloped so hard left to right that there was no chance of find me a good tee shot that hit the left side of the Fairway.
On top of that, the regular course visitors were extremely rude. Pace of play was slow to begin with. It made it worse when a foursome behind my group decided not only to play through oh, they did not even address us when they did so. Just teed up a ball and hit it right in front of us like we were not even there.
When my group confronted them, they just drove to the fairways and picked up their balls and then drove past a few more groups only two play any hole they chose to play at the time.
Finally, at the 10th hole oh, there was a twosome already on the Tee Box that just came from the parking lot. They care nothing about us making the turn, they just went ahead and teed off. We asked them how they got in front of us since we did not even stop at the clubhouse on the turn and they said they just got there and decided to go off the back because it was slow.
Even though I phoned the clubhouse, they did nothing about either situation. I will not be making the over one hour drive to play that course again.
On a good note, the greens were in realy good shape.

Where's the Etiquette

Two weeks in a row I have played behind a golf scramble at this course. The greens on some holes (18th) in particular have numerous unrepaired divots. One player who hit a misguided tee shot ended up green side of another hole and decided it was ok to hit his ball from there thus leaving a club sized hole. I know the dry weather has taken its toll lately but the ground is so hard on the front nine in particular that it is nearly impossible to cleanly get under the ball. I love playing this course and I think some golf etiquette instructions prior to these scrambles going off would help a great deal.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Hi Tmeyers1158. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Tanglewood Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future after we get some better weather.

Always Fun

Considering the very Hot dry summer we have experienced the staff have done a very good job keeping the course playable, We played behind a scramble and other than signs of poor golf etiquette the course was in good condition.

Bang for the Buck

Course is what it is. Good little course outside Louisville that has a lot of blind tee shots. Greens were in pretty good shape and fairways were serviceable. Rough was fairly nonexistent and no issue hitting out of. It's a good course for price I paid for the hot deal.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Hi Chris! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Great Value Gem

Terrific maintenance crew keeps this course in stellar shape. Diverse player mix means some clueless sorts are driving carts nearly onto the greens, and far too many could use a reminder on etiquette (Hey, it's a tight course, give a holler if you hit a wayward shot!), but a VERY challenging track, where I seem to score well for some reason. Who couldn't love that?

Tanglewood

Played 8 holes and then turned in cart and left. Took 2 1/2 hours just for 8 holes.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Tanglewood Golf Course another try in the near future.

Good value for price

Overall, the value for the price is good. The course was extremely dry this summer, so that affected the play. The value for the hot deal on GolfNow made the course a good trip. There are a couple of holes where the layout is somewhat unfair, but overall it is a fun course to play. I would recommend it.

NIce Course

The course was in pretty good shape. There were a couple of greens where divots were not repaired however overall the course was nice.

Can’t beat the value

Grabbed a $10 Hot Deal for me and my father in law. Course is in really good shape, for the most part. We were stuck behind a handful of groups that were clogging up play. So, after a 3 hour front nine, we asked to go back off #1. The staff was very accommodating. We finished our second front nine in 1:28. Highly recommend playing here.

Plays Twice a year

New PB!

This was my second time playing Tanglewood, a little over a year ago it was my second time being on a real course and I shot 125, had a wicked slice and lost a bunch of balls, today was my 5th time on a real course and I shot 101, the greens were super fast it seemed because of the heat and how dry they seemed to be, but it was a blast to get out there with my buddies. I recommend tanglewood to play no matter if you are beginning or have been playing for years. Super friendly staff, and a fun course to play

Ok for the cost

This is a challenging course, but it could be a great course again. Fairway is as long as the rough. Greens are in great condition. Golf carts are very out dated. Can't beat it for $10.

Commented on 05/14/2019

Hi, Kevin. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the challenging layout, greens, and overall value during your visit. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your reviews of the fairways and carts so we can to improve before your next round. Thank you for visiting and playing at Tanglewood Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Great Value .. YOU need to play this course

Great value.. friendly staff.. This course can be a Challenge

Tanglewood in Taylorsville, KY

Right is wrong! Almost any shot to the right will run off the fairway and into trouble. Holes 11 and 12 are particularly nasty. That being said, the course is a fair test and some of the holes, especially those over water, are beautiful. I'll be back.

Shelbyville, Kentucky