Style Parkland

Year Built 1963
Architect Daniel McQueen

Credit Cards Accepted None

One of the best values in Central Kentucky

Despite the incredibly hot and dry weather the course is in excellent shape. They do a great job with the course and is always a lot of fun. Highly recommend this course.

Good course

Enjoyed the round. A little over-booked but very nice nonetheless.

Not worth the money!!!

First of all, the staff here were some of the best in the Lexington area. They were very friendly, unlike other courses around. The layout was very enjoyable. However the praises must stop there...

Excellent staff, and a very enjoyable layout mean nothing if the greens are horrible. Actually, horrible is too nice a term. They were the worst I have ever played....ever! It’s sad when you can’t make a 3 foot put because of bald patches knocking the ball off line. Some greens had probably up to 40% of un-useable space. It was quite sad, because I really wanted to like the course. But how can you like a course when you would of had better luck putting in the parking lot?

This course is not worth the greens fee, even with the hot deals of $20.

Commented On 09/11/2019

Hi, thank you for leaving us with feedback of your recent round and providing a review of the the course. We would like to first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit with us. Your feedback about the condition of the greens are extremely important to us. Please be assured that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve! We are going to escalate your review to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Woodford Lakes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

So good

It was so good
Friendly staff and good organizing lawns

Greens punched not sanded , terrible shape all around now

Played here a month ago and it seemed to be getting better. Now they have lost half the greens, no fringe on greens to speak of, putting surface( I use that word loosely) straight to rough. Fairways like cart paths. On the plus side you’ll get a tremendous amount of roll.

Greens were punched and were not playable, no notice before round. Fairways need to be punched as they are so hard you can’t take a divot in most spots. No water on course and it was a 90 degree day. That’s borderline criminal.

I might try again next year but I’m done trying this year. Real shame they can’t get course in decent shape.

This course was in ok shape except for the greens. Greens were horrible, they were airrated but even so looked diseased , just awful. Will never play this course again.

Commented On 09/04/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Woodford Lakes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Doing okay, but headed for greatness

I have played this course in the past under a different name. The current operators have really gotten the place in shape over the last couple years. I can certainly see the potential in the very near future. It was actually in very good shape. A couple of the greens still need some work, but overall they putted true. I hope to get back there soon.

Great course for every type of player

I play this course a lot. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I don’t even have to say my name. I’m greated by my name when I walk through the door and the course is great. I would recommend this course to everyone.

Good Course I Guess

Course was pretty nice, fairways and greens both firm and faster than average courses. Lots of water to play around and over with trees lining most fairways. Two issues, one was we were ready to start at our tee time and were held up by the two in front of us for over 15 minutes waiting for them to tee off and get down the fairway. We were also paired with another twosome which slowed play some but it was fine (although we were still keeping up with two in front of us). To top it off dude in the pro shop was apparently rude to the two we were paired with when they stopped after 9 at the pro shop for "playing slow" (even though we had to tee off late due to other player on the course). We also were not slowing the pace for the group behind us, not sure what his deal was...

Decent course

We use to play this course as the brook. Today was the first time we played under new management. The course needs a little work but it’s not bad. It was nice to get back there. The greens were hard since we haven’t had a bunch of rain lately but in decent shape. Fairways were hard so you would get some good roll on those drives.
I think the cost is a little high for 18 holes but with the hot deal on golf now it was ok.

You wont be disappointed

Played here today. Course was in wonderful shape, the tee boxes, fairways, the greens. It was all great. I couldnt complain one bit. The pro shop was very professional and extremely helpful.
The course has been closed for two years and has reopened.
Note : Since reopening the course you will find it difficult to use a GPS under the new golf course name. You may have to use "The Brook" . Also the front and back have been switched around, so keep that in mind when setting up your GPS.

Fun and challenging course

Great course to use irons! Most holes are 4-5 par and instead of just using the driver and a wedge to get on the greens you get to use more irons in between the driver and wedge. The course is slightly on the difficult side if you “like” slicing because there are tons of trees and many ponds, but well worth the difficulty!

Woodford review

Good conditions. Tee boxes were extra firm and tees were difficult to stick in the ground.

Brooke revisited

This course has potential. Badly needs course yardage markers!!! My app could not load the course under new name or old name (SkyDroid).
I played the course after heavy rains so giving it the benefit of the doubt. Some very slow 4 somes so I just went around
Overall not bad, I’ll play it again when dryer!

Getting there.

Course is much better than earlier in the season. Greens are still really slow and fuzzy. But at least they have grass on them now. Really think it will be next year before it will be in good shape. It’s playable now but barely. Other courses for less in better shape. Pace of play is a also a big negative. Hopefully staff will address that when course gets in better shape. They are moving in the right direction. 5 1/2 hour rounds will kill the comeback if they don’t get a ranger to nudge the pace. . I’ll try again in a couple months. Really want this course to make it.

Commented On 06/17/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Woodford Lakes Golf Club. We thank you so much for sticking with us and rooting for us as we work to get better day by day. Whope to see you again in the future.

Versailles, Kentucky