Style Parkland

Previously known as The Brook / Cabin Brook Golf Course

Scorecard for Woodford Lakes
Black M: 74.9/131 421 583 424 184 424 543 444 169 422 3614 443 498 419 441 179 472 223 326 432 3433 7047
Blue M: 73.1/123 368 523 354 155 402 507 409 149 380 3247 404 477 354 377 161 452 174 315 387 3101 6348
White M: 70.7/121 W: 70.2/119 359 461 288 143 356 447 381 129 334 2898 381 462 334 321 139 445 158 307 374 2921 5819
Red W: 67.1/113 302 377 209 107 315 362 325 105 325 2427 334 376 292 293 104 328 124 200 346 2397 4824

Year Built 1963
Architect Daniel McQueen

Credit Cards Accepted None

Great course for every type of player

I play this course a lot. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I don’t even have to say my name. I’m greated by my name when I walk through the door and the course is great. I would recommend this course to everyone.

Good Course I Guess

Course was pretty nice, fairways and greens both firm and faster than average courses. Lots of water to play around and over with trees lining most fairways. Two issues, one was we were ready to start at our tee time and were held up by the two in front of us for over 15 minutes waiting for them to tee off and get down the fairway. We were also paired with another twosome which slowed play some but it was fine (although we were still keeping up with two in front of us). To top it off dude in the pro shop was apparently rude to the two we were paired with when they stopped after 9 at the pro shop for "playing slow" (even though we had to tee off late due to other player on the course). We also were not slowing the pace for the group behind us, not sure what his deal was...

Decent course

We use to play this course as the brook. Today was the first time we played under new management. The course needs a little work but it’s not bad. It was nice to get back there. The greens were hard since we haven’t had a bunch of rain lately but in decent shape. Fairways were hard so you would get some good roll on those drives.
I think the cost is a little high for 18 holes but with the hot deal on golf now it was ok.

You wont be disappointed

Played here today. Course was in wonderful shape, the tee boxes, fairways, the greens. It was all great. I couldnt complain one bit. The pro shop was very professional and extremely helpful.
The course has been closed for two years and has reopened.
Note : Since reopening the course you will find it difficult to use a GPS under the new golf course name. You may have to use "The Brook" . Also the front and back have been switched around, so keep that in mind when setting up your GPS.

Fun and challenging course

Great course to use irons! Most holes are 4-5 par and instead of just using the driver and a wedge to get on the greens you get to use more irons in between the driver and wedge. The course is slightly on the difficult side if you “like” slicing because there are tons of trees and many ponds, but well worth the difficulty!

Woodford review

Good conditions. Tee boxes were extra firm and tees were difficult to stick in the ground.

Brooke revisited

This course has potential. Badly needs course yardage markers!!! My app could not load the course under new name or old name (SkyDroid).
I played the course after heavy rains so giving it the benefit of the doubt. Some very slow 4 somes so I just went around
Overall not bad, I’ll play it again when dryer!

Getting there.

Course is much better than earlier in the season. Greens are still really slow and fuzzy. But at least they have grass on them now. Really think it will be next year before it will be in good shape. It’s playable now but barely. Other courses for less in better shape. Pace of play is a also a big negative. Hopefully staff will address that when course gets in better shape. They are moving in the right direction. 5 1/2 hour rounds will kill the comeback if they don’t get a ranger to nudge the pace. . I’ll try again in a couple months. Really want this course to make it.

Commented On 06/17/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Woodford Lakes Golf Club. We thank you so much for sticking with us and rooting for us as we work to get better day by day. Whope to see you again in the future.

Much improved

New management has done great job in improving course.

Great Course, Poor Pace of Play

We played the front 9 super quick but as we made the turn, two groups went off on 10 which backed us up. It took 2 hours to play 5 holes, and it turned a 4 hour round into a 6 hour round. Course was in great condition and was challenging at times. Would definitely recommend if the pace of play would pick up.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for the 4 stars! We hope to have you back soon.

A very nice course hidden off Versailles road. There are a lot of trees. The greens and fairways are nice and lush. The golf carts have USB ports in them, which is a really nice feature if you’re tracking your game on your phone. The cart path got a little confusing at times trying to figure out which hole was next. I’d definitely go again!

Little Slow but not the greens!

10:40 tee time arrived at 10:00, had to wait for range balls. Finally got range balls at 10:40 which pushed tee time to 11:00. Rate of play was very slow. Staff was great and course was in good shape. Greens were a little fast.

Commented On 04/30/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing Woodford Lakes Golf Club. Let us first start by apologizing for the pace of play during your round and issue with the range balls. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are glad to see you noticed the work we are putting in to the conditions and appreciate your patience. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Challenging

Though yardage seems short, small greens compensate. Hard to hold shots on the green. Greens rolled true.

Closed 2 years re opened in August 18’

One of the best layouts around. If you are a 90s or better golfer, I better see you teeing of the Blues. Whites are for seniors or golfers that play over a hundo. Course was closed and overgrown for 2 years, and is already back in remarkable shape. Bluemuda fairways will play the same as Franklin Country Club once it is all the way grown in. Same greens as Champions Keene Trace where the Barbasol is held. It is definitely the best bang for your buck right now with the highest rate set at $29. This will easily be a $50 course by next year. But don’t wait, it’s more than playable as it is. The staff is the friendliest I have met at any pro shop. Just be sure and book a tee time or the pro will poke at you a bit. Even though he will still get you on.

Versailles, Kentucky