Style Parkland

Year Built 1963
Architect Daniel McQueen

Credit Cards Accepted None

Successful Renovation

I had completed my round and went into the pro shop, I told him that it was my first time playing the course and I really enjoyed my round. I had expectations about it being late fall and the reviews I had already seen about the conditions, but playing it really dispelled any of those critical comments. All but a couple of the greens were in great shape and the ball rolled true. The course layout was particularly satisfying. Since it was my first time, I enjoyed studying the course and each hole. Every hole was unique and made you think about your shots and club selection. I did enjoy the appropriate amount of water, where the ponds and creeks are very nicely laid out, this is the best aesthetic about the course. When I said that I really enjoyed my round, the pro said to me that they had only been open a year. I was shocked, and was even more impressed that they had been able to rehab the course and get it in the condition it was. I'll definitely be back.

Good course

The course plays easy for average players like myself. Just play from the whites and you have a decent chance or scoring well.
You better know how to hit punch shots out of the trees because you will be there at some point. The greens were decent but several need more work.
Overall it’s a good course.

One of the best values in Central Kentucky

Despite the incredibly hot and dry weather the course is in excellent shape. They do a great job with the course and is always a lot of fun. Highly recommend this course.

Good course

Enjoyed the round. A little over-booked but very nice nonetheless.

Not worth the money!!!

First of all, the staff here were some of the best in the Lexington area. They were very friendly, unlike other courses around. The layout was very enjoyable. However the praises must stop there...

Excellent staff, and a very enjoyable layout mean nothing if the greens are horrible. Actually, horrible is too nice a term. They were the worst I have ever played....ever! It’s sad when you can’t make a 3 foot put because of bald patches knocking the ball off line. Some greens had probably up to 40% of un-useable space. It was quite sad, because I really wanted to like the course. But how can you like a course when you would of had better luck putting in the parking lot?

This course is not worth the greens fee, even with the hot deals of $20.

Commented on 09/11/2019

Hi, thank you for leaving us with feedback of your recent round and providing a review of the the course. We would like to first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit with us. Your feedback about the condition of the greens are extremely important to us. Please be assured that we are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve! We are going to escalate your review to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Woodford Lakes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

So good

It was so good
Friendly staff and good organizing lawns

Greens punched not sanded , terrible shape all around now

Played here a month ago and it seemed to be getting better. Now they have lost half the greens, no fringe on greens to speak of, putting surface( I use that word loosely) straight to rough. Fairways like cart paths. On the plus side you’ll get a tremendous amount of roll.

Greens were punched and were not playable, no notice before round. Fairways need to be punched as they are so hard you can’t take a divot in most spots. No water on course and it was a 90 degree day. That’s borderline criminal.

I might try again next year but I’m done trying this year. Real shame they can’t get course in decent shape.

Commented on 09/19/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We strive for a 5-star experience, so we welcome your feedback. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We work hard to maintain the course for everyone's benefit, which means aerifying the greens as part of our regular maintenance schedule. The greens will be healed soon and in pristine condition. Please come back soon for the 5-star experience you expect at Woodford Lakes Golf Club.

This course was in ok shape except for the greens. Greens were horrible, they were airrated but even so looked diseased , just awful. Will never play this course again.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Woodford Lakes Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Doing okay, but headed for greatness

I have played this course in the past under a different name. The current operators have really gotten the place in shape over the last couple years. I can certainly see the potential in the very near future. It was actually in very good shape. A couple of the greens still need some work, but overall they putted true. I hope to get back there soon.

Great course for every type of player

I play this course a lot. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I don’t even have to say my name. I’m greated by my name when I walk through the door and the course is great. I would recommend this course to everyone.

Good Course I Guess

Course was pretty nice, fairways and greens both firm and faster than average courses. Lots of water to play around and over with trees lining most fairways. Two issues, one was we were ready to start at our tee time and were held up by the two in front of us for over 15 minutes waiting for them to tee off and get down the fairway. We were also paired with another twosome which slowed play some but it was fine (although we were still keeping up with two in front of us). To top it off dude in the pro shop was apparently rude to the two we were paired with when they stopped after 9 at the pro shop for "playing slow" (even though we had to tee off late due to other player on the course). We also were not slowing the pace for the group behind us, not sure what his deal was...

Decent course

We use to play this course as the brook. Today was the first time we played under new management. The course needs a little work but it’s not bad. It was nice to get back there. The greens were hard since we haven’t had a bunch of rain lately but in decent shape. Fairways were hard so you would get some good roll on those drives.
I think the cost is a little high for 18 holes but with the hot deal on golf now it was ok.

Versailles, Kentucky
Midway, Kentucky
4.3209823529

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).