Previously known as Moss Hill Golf Course and Woodford Hills Country Club.

Scorecard for Moss Hill
Blue M: 69.1/121 471 184 402 295 380 375 337 351 376 3171 479 180 366 168 443 174 292 464 382 2948 6119
White M: 67.6/116 460 174 399 286 362 365 328 343 347 3064 471 177 355 156 434 166 285 453 333 2830 5894
Gold M: 64.7/110 451 151 352 244 330 308 282 290 331 2739 463 173 307 105 393 160 279 407 305 2592 5331
Red W: 68.1/115 436 127 345 211 291 274 251 272 290 2497 441 131 304 103 355 153 273 336 277 2373 4870

Year Built 1967
Golf Season Year round. Weather permitting.

No longer a Golf Now Friend

This was the first time we had played this course this season. When we checked in the attendant noticed that our reservation was through Golf Now. He recommended that in the future that we just call for a tee time.

He said if we booked a Hot Deal for the course through Golf Now that the reservation would not be honored. We have played it many times in the past three years. Always through Golf Now and when possible using Hot Deals. We have never been met with this kind of hostility at this or any course before.

This is really a shame. It's a great course, in great shape with the nicest rolling greens we've seen this year. But, it's unlikely we'll play a course where we're not welcome.

This was my first time playing here. As compared to my typical public course this was a very nice facility. The starter was very helpful in introducing the course. The fairways are tight and challenginging. The greens were well maintained and firm. The staff in the attached dining area were friendly and helpful at the turn. Being in a 2 some the starter got us out 10 min early in front of a 4 some. This kind of awareness is greatly appreciated and made play fast and enjoyable. Looking forward to.playing here again.

Beck 555

Nice course with a friendly staff. Fairways in
good shape. I would definitely play again.

Very fun will be playing again soon

On blind tee shots would drive up to see where you're going

Great Value

Moss Hill, formerly Woodfordhills Hills Country Club is a great value. The course, for the occasional golfer is challenging, yet fair. You are properly penalized for errant shots, and awarded for hitting the ball off these wonderful fairways. The greens are in very good shape (but I fixed two-three ball marks plus my own on every green) despite the lack of respect others may show. The par 5's are all reachable in 2 for long hitters, and even a couple of the par 4's are drive able in 1 if you have the distance and accuracy. Hence the risk/reward. Love playing this course. I DO wish they would pay attention to the little things like changing the water coolers...even CLEAN them! The ball cleaning stations were also dry and funky on many holes. Pay attention to the little things!

No so customer friendly

The course was fine
The price was a great deal thumbs up golfnow but the staff wasn't the best the were late because they had a tournament they didn't tell us
The didn't tell us the rule of the range
The members were not friendly they didn't want to give up their cart

Overall not get no coming back

June 2016

The course was in great shape despite recent rain Excellent experience for me

this is what it is

hit to by 2 rude payers didn't sorry we are in a hurry we have a ball game to go play . players car in drive in way talking other players that game over stand there all ok were done rude jl

Didn't Even Bother Finishing Our 18

Blind shot, after blind shot, after blind shot.

Shots we thought would be in the fairway were not able to be found. Everything slopes, the "rough" eats balls, and is horrible to hit out of...if you are lucky enough to find a shot that you put there. We spent way too much time having to search for our shots.

The tee boxes needed work, as dos the greens. Even with nearly a weeks worth of rain and a cart path only kind of day, the greens were still lightning fast and wouldn't hold hold a flop.

This is a course that's been knocked off our group's play list.

Good/Challenging course

Course is in good shape.. First time playing and going blind into the layout struggled with blind drives, fought amongst the vast trees & deep rough. I will defiantly play again.. Fun & challenging course.. Greens were superb.

Greens were Fantastic

As nice and as challenging greens as you will find anywhere. I really enjoyed the challenge. At the price, it is worth playing just to see how many putts you take over 18 holes. Most of the par 3's are long and challenging. The shortest par 3 played 155 over a lake and was beautiful. I wasn't a big fan of the rest of the course. Too many blind shots. I suppose once you played the course a few times it wouldn't be an issue. I would give the rest of the course an overall "average" for condition. I played this course a couple years ago and I would have rated the condition as very poor. It still needs some work, but it is much improved. Summary: greens outstanding, rest of the course average, overall good.

Course in great condition.

Fairways, greens, and even the bunkers in great shape. Cart paths need some work. I'll definitely be back.

Old Style Golf Fun

Moss Hill is more of an old school layout, with fairly narrow fairways lined with trees. There are several changes in elevation and water comes into play in a big way on 3 holes. The tee boxes did need some TLC, but I played in mid-August, so that is somewhat understandable. However, the fairways and greens were in excellent shape. The rough was tall and thick and provided a real penalty. The staff was exceptionally friendly and the pricing was very reasonable. Several holes on Moss Hill are very beautiful. with 18 being a gorgeous golf hole. Pace of play was very good. I will, and have, gone back.

They Are Trying

Almost everything was in great shape (like-new carts, fairways, on-course facilities, etc.), but the greens were inconsistent. #1 was fast, so we planned for #2 to be the same but it was normal. #10 was fast, but that was it as we came up short on #11.

The course was also a bit off the beaten path, and as a former 'country club" the atmosphere seemed to still lean toward members and was not very welcoming to newbies. Also thought it strange that the men's par was 70 and the women's 73 (too many par 3's and not enough 5's).

Although we didn't play our best we still found the layout unappealing with blind shots to a lot of the greens beginning with #1. Add to that many fairways were narrow and the rough was thick. It would have been nice for the pro shop to supply a topographical map.

Unlikely to go back.

Moss Hills- 2 Thumbs Up

Course was in great condition! Best It has been in for years. Would highly recommend this course!

A must play once a summer

The course seems to have been bouncing around from Country Club to Public and feels like it's changed owners over the past few years. While it still has a country club feel (everyone knows each other) it's not a snobby place. The starter was laid back and encouraged us to hit a few free range balls before we began. The course was in great shape and semi challenging. Water and OB wasn't an issue, but small pines and other bushy trees were populous. Don't venture too far out of the fairway or your approach shot will most definitely be hindered by a low hanging branch! The greens rolled true and were a bit on the slower side, perhaps due to all the rain... Always fun to play in Woodford County when we can. I recommend at least one round at the Country Club er.... excuse me, Moss Hill during the summer golf tour for sure!

Course play

course was marked well and fair for seniors. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Move on

Never been much of a course, kinda tricked up and short, now its tricked even more with knee high rough in play on every hole, not sure of the thinking there, must not value return business, bunkers were inconsistent, greens were in good shape but very slow.. all in all better options around for the money, if you do go take plenty of balls and bug spray

Enjoyed My Round

My father-in-law and I played an early morning round at Moss Hill. We had a foursome in front and behind us, but the pace was still good. We finished in less than 4 hours. The course is mainly average length par 4's, maybe short for the long ball hitter in your group. The weather was awesome, and David, the golf pro, welcomed us and was friendly in every interaction. They are still trying to improve the course in some areas, but, overall, we really enjoyed a nice round of golf.

Pleasantly Surprised

Only played Moss Hill one other time. When we got to the course we went to the wrong building as they switched and updated the clubhouse. That turned out to be a bonus as the entire facility is now in the main building and is extremely nice. Service was fantastic as we were met with smiles and a very friendly attitude. The course itself was in great shape except for a couple of areas where they were obviously doing some work. Pace of play was very good as we never felt rushed or like we were being held up by others. Played early in the morning as we were anticipating some possible storms but they didn't happen and the weather was beautiful. All in all a great day on the course and we will most definitely return. By the way, the friendliness of the staff continued after our round and they really made us feel very welcomed to be there. Very pretty course in a nice country setting also. Highly recommend Moss Hill!!!!!

Versailles, Kentucky